1 1
airdvr

Couple recorded pulling weapons on protesters outside their St. Louis home

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Too funny. I posted previously that for realtors, fuller brush salesmen, etc. The law allows travel to the front door for a "knock and talk" that private road, no trespass signs doesn't mean much. Now as any postal employees or experienced salesman can tell you. If the yard is fenced and there are some mean looking shepherds or pitbulls running at large. You ignore all that and move on to the next property.

Or maybe granny sitting in the rocking chair with a 12 gauge . . .

It is my belief that this is what they were going after - they just did it really, really poorly.

Shotgun Willin | ReverbNation

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

You mentioned that the cop said to have a couple slugs at the back of the mag in case the 'motherfuckers were escaping'.

Again, check your local/state laws. 

Where I live that would not be a good idea.
Not for a civilian, anyway.

Even were it legal it would be an asshole thing to do. I absolutely do not advocate chasing anyone with a gun. Don't tell me you're one of these guys who always listens to the cops. 

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No it wasn't. It was a quote from a cop who was explaining to me just how far I could probably take it and still not be charged. He was schooling me on shot selection when I told him I picked up the Beretta Tactical for home defense. He thought it best to make the first two or three buckshot and the last two rifled slugs in case the motherfuckers were escaping in their car.

Coreece was correct on his comment - it was a dick joke.

29 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No it wasn't. It was a quote from a cop who was explaining to me just how far I could probably take it and still not be charged. He was schooling me on shot selection when I told him I picked up the Beretta Tactical for home defense. He thought it best to make the first two or three buckshot and the last two rifled slugs in case the motherfuckers were escaping in their car.

An LEO is entitled to pursue escaping perps. A civilian has no such right. The right to claim self-defense ends once the attack ends, i.e. the moment they turn to leave.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

That's how your children end up in the stupid firearm accident thread.

Kids in the house mean different rules. Friends and family with show up at any hour permissions mean different rules. Not locking your house means different rules. Living in an upside down world where the cops are happy to gather for overtime and knock around marchers but can not be bothered to investigate a break in during regular hours means different rules.

I've never claimed to be anti-gun. I'm definitely anti-pistol for home defense if you aren't a practiced expert and think AR-15's, and most other rifles, are just dumb guns for the purpose. Bolt action and pump guns are too easy to fumble, especially in the dark. Also, and it's a fine point I concede, I do not keep it fully loaded and safety off. If it comes to it, I'm hoping the loud, unmistakable noise will do the trick. 

9 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Kids in the house mean different rules. Friends and family with show up at any hour permissions mean different rules. Not locking your house means different rules. Living in an upside down world where the cops are happy to gather for overtime and knock around marchers but can not be bothered to investigate a break in during regular hours means different rules.

I've never claimed to be anti-gun. I'm definitely anti-pistol for home defense if you aren't a practiced expert and think AR-15's, and most other rifles, are just dumb guns for the purpose. Bolt action and pump guns are too easy to fumble, especially in the dark. Also, and it's a fine point I concede, I do not keep it fully loaded and safety off. If it comes to it, I'm hoping the loud, unmistakable noise will do the trick. 

Hope is a lot like prayer.

Pray them away, we'll wait.

13 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

It's a 'gated community'. The streets are private property, owned & maintained by the HOA. 

Your choice. 

I don't agree with that technique, but if it works for you, ok.
However, any bolt (rifle or shotgun) or even a pistol slide will make that sound.

However, if you are under the influence, after 'getting hammered', plan on ''just a bit" of trouble. 

And again, take that shotgun out, set up a target (say the size of a door) at close range (say 10' or so) and see how it does. 

Maybe they shouldn't leave an unmarked gate, on a public sidewalk, wide freaking open then?

2 hours ago, normiss said:

Maybe they shouldn't leave an unmarked gate, on a public sidewalk, wide freaking open then?

Yeah, tell that to the judge.

"Speeding? Pffft, yeah right, it's not my fault they make these things go 160 MPH, besides the speed limit sign was way back there like a mile away."

"Flying a drone into an airliner?  Pftttf, yeah right, you can blame the Chinese for that one, it's not my fault their geofence didn't work."

"Trespassing?  Pffft, I didn't even have to pick the elevator lock, your bad."

14 minutes ago, kallend said:

Glad I live in a place where I don't have to worry about what kind of killing machine I need to threaten death on unarmed people walking by my house with signs - or on anyone else for that matter.

And to confirm that the above statement is not just pie-in-the-sky, here are the photos I took from my driveway of the BLM march down my street.

102444099_10158914433156800_3423186282700715298_n.jpg.a24b568e7366c8053f197a34e33a6113.jpg

102711699_10158914433226800_7574818857950750707_n.jpg.a1e40967bfd41a09a50acd73f766aa4b.jpg

(edited)
On 7/18/2020 at 8:20 AM, ryoder said:

An LEO is entitled to pursue escaping perps. A civilian has no such right. The right to claim self-defense ends once the attack ends, i.e. the moment they turn to leave.

Just to clarify - A civilian can pursue escaping felons, perps, etc. Civilians cannot shoot at fleeing felons, perps, etc. 

Edited by BIGUN

Just now, BIGUN said:

Just to clarify - A civilian can pursue escaping felons, perps, etc. Civilians cannot shoot at fleeing felons, perps, etc. 

Again, that depends on the laws where you live.

And what happens. 

I can certainly pursue a fleeing burglar.

But if during the pursuit, he stops & ambushes me and I use deadly force against him, then I will likely face charges. 
Because I chose to pursue him.

In Wisconsin, George Zimmerman would likely have been convicted of some sort of homicide. Because he chose to insert himself in the situation. Several times. 

Note - Not trying to reignite this argument. Just using it as an example that many are familiar with.

i usually start walking with groups of folks when they are marching like that.  i have supported pride, blm, the wv teachers strike, and a whole host of other things, and at least one which i wasn't even sure why they were walking but they were a friendly group. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kallend said:

And to confirm that the above statement is not just pie-in-the-sky, here are the photos I took from my driveway of the BLM march down my street.

102444099_10158914433156800_3423186282700715298_n.jpg.a24b568e7366c8053f197a34e33a6113.jpg

102711699_10158914433226800_7574818857950750707_n.jpg.a1e40967bfd41a09a50acd73f766aa4b.jpg

What crime were they commiting John?

. . .and at what point do you start waving your IIT faculty ruler in the air?

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Putting in your entry for stupid post of the month?  Turtle has a commanding lead right now.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Coreece said:

11 minutes ago, kallend said:

Putting in your entry for stupid post of the month?  Turtle has a commanding lead right now.

Why, because you can't take a joke?

. . .and then you have the balls to tell turtle to get a life?

Edited by Coreece

26 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

i usually start walking with groups of folks when they are marching like that.  i have supported pride, blm, the wv teachers strike, and a whole host of other things, and at least one which i wasn't even sure why they were walking but they were a friendly group. 

Bravo to you and Wendy.:`D

23 hours ago, kallend said:

Is the white ribbon to find your house? Great idea, I might start that. And who puts potted plants at the curb?

3 hours ago, Coreece said:

Unknown!  But they're black (sorry, BLM, forgot the dog whistle for a second there) thugs, so who knows?  It's SHTF for sure.  Wise right wingers best have their AR-15's at the ready to repel this violent bunch of thugs and protect their loved ones from mayhem and murder.  Armageddon is imminent.

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

Unknown!  But they're black (sorry, BLM, forgot the dog whistle for a second there) thugs, so who knows?  It's SHTF for sure.  Wise right wingers best have their AR-15's at the ready to repel this violent bunch of thugs and protect their loved ones from mayhem and murder.  Armageddon is imminent.

do you wonder why we don't take you seriously?