1 1
airdvr

Couple recorded pulling weapons on protesters outside their St. Louis home

(edited)
14 minutes ago, normiss said:

Maybe he's referring to the white winger armed occupier protestors? They did have some military type garb on, for the reasons he stated. They also screamed in people's faces for the added intimidation factor, unlike the Stone Mountain protestors who simply marched peacefully.

I don't think any of the Coreece's were actually in the military though, so his understanding of "fatigues" could be off a bit.

Normiss has me blocked yet I'm still living in his head rent free.

He's probably contemplating right now whether or not he should click the drop down button to see this post.xD

Edited by Coreece

Although I saw no weapon raised from the carry ready position, the videos did record them making threatening statements such as:

"This is what it's going to take."

"You don't carry a sign to a gun fight."

My wife and I have not visited Stone Mountain yet. If we were waiting in line for entrance and saw these guys marching toward us, I would have had my hand on my weapon.

7 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Although I saw no weapon raised from the carry ready position, the videos did record them making threatening statements such as:

My wife and I have not visited Stone Mountain yet. If we were waiting in line for entrance and saw these guys marching toward us, I would have had my hand on my weapon.

Because you still have the same eyesight, hearing, hand eye coordination and reflexes you had 50+ years ago? Just be careful you don't put one through your tin foil hat Wyatt.

23 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ok, the actual question to bill was:

"Ask yourself, why are they all dressed up in homemade war suits, toting military looking weapons, and looking ready for the call to a homemade war? "

I was hoping "fatigues" would've been a simpler way of saying all that while still getting the point across.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

If the actual question is as you just stated it then would it make any sense to ask Bill if they were trying to steal valour by looking like soldiers? No it wouldn't, ergo you are lying. Why you are bothering to do that in such a transparent way I have absolutely no idea.

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Sure.  Why would armed black protesters, dressed a lot like your favorite protesters, marching peacefully, be a bad thing?

1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Furthermore, wrt to the fatigues, do you think Bill will come here and say:

Looks like I am living rent free in your head!  Do you often think about what I will or won't say?  I must say I am flattered.

45 minutes ago, jakee said:

If the actual question is as you just stated it then would it make any sense to ask Bill if they were trying to steal valour by looking like soldiers?

If Bill thinks this these guys are stealing valor for what they're wearing:

Not about Guns.png

Then I don't see why he wouldn't think these guys are as well:

Stone-Mountain-1-770.jpg

And btw, that is the NFAC, (Not Fucking Around Coalition) the same group in question.

If you don't see the similarities then maybe you're starting to lose it too.

30 minutes ago, billvon said:

Looks like I am living rent free in your head!  Do you often think about what I will or won't say?  I must say I am flattered.

That quote popped up while doing a search and thought it relevant.

So, do you think the men in the second pic above feel that "they absorb some valor - valor they can obtain no other way - by making themselves look like soldiers"  - the same way you feel about the men in the first pic?

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Why not? Don't black people have the same 2nd A rights as white people?

When the "open up" protesters did it, I thought it was pretty stupid. Not that they didn't have the riht to do it, just that prancing around with rifles over their shoulders was far more about looking like a 'badass' than actually expecting to use the guns. When the ones in Michigan entered the Capitol building and threatened the lawmakers, I thought they were out of line. I don't know exactly what the laws are in MI, but in WI, the Capitol is 'posted prohibited'. 
However, their 'peaceful but armed' protests didn't get attacked by the cops. No riot police, no tear gas, no rubber bullets, none of that. 

After so many of the non-violent BLM protesters were attacked without provocation (lots were, do your own search - start with Washington DC), I was a bit surprised that none of them followed the Alt-Right technique of being armed to the teeth when marching.

And Ron, having your hand on your gun in the face of people who aren't doing anything violent could be considered a provocation (depends a lot on the overall circumstances & GA laws), However, I'd love to see you pull out a pistol in the face of that many armed opponents. 

45 minutes ago, Coreece said:

So, do you think the men in the second pic above feel that "they absorb some valor - valor they can obtain no other way - by making themselves look like soldiers"  - the same way you feel about the men in the first pic?

Neither one, really.  I was responding to Joe's ask:  "Ask yourself, why are they all dressed up in homemade war suits, toting military looking weapons, and looking ready for the call to a homemade war?"  Those people - the people who want other people to think they are soldiers - are trying to glom on to some of the respect people feel for soldiers.

But black pants, black shirts, COVID masks and baseball caps?  Doesn't really qualify.  The guy with the hard helmet and goggles?  Maybe.  Although they definitely like their military weapons.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

The narration contradicts what they said previously. Previously they admitted to arming themselves before they were threatened.

Their lawyer "seized their pistol in order to prove its "inroperability" at any future trial". What B.S. two rich lawyers can't afford a working pistols? Honey what was that number again 1-800-Gunsmith. Or was it Honey get You-Tube "remove firing pin from S&W."

13 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

So what?

If you use a fake or non-operable gun in a robbery, it's still chargeable as 'armed robbery'.

Why should this be any different?

Thats my understanding as well. But contrary to their denials of wrongdoing, contrary to the publicity efforts of their first law firm. Law firm number two has some sort of angle.

Call it smoke and mirrors, court of public opinion, or whatever. There is an angle there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Thats my understanding as well. But contrary to their denials of wrongdoing, contrary to the publicity efforts of their first law firm. Law firm number two has some sort of angle.

Call it smoke and mirrors, court of public opinion, or whatever. There is an angle there somewhere.

No doubt. That's what lawyers do.

And there will be enablers who will jump on it an fools that buy it.

19 hours ago, billvon said:

Neither one, really.  I was responding to Joe's ask:  "Ask yourself, why are they all dressed up in homemade war suits, toting military looking weapons, and looking ready for the call to a homemade war?"  Those people - the people who want other people to think they are soldiers - are trying to glom on to some of the respect people feel for soldiers.

But black pants, black shirts, COVID masks and baseball caps?  Doesn't really qualify.  The guy with the hard helmet and goggles?  Maybe.  Although they definitely like their military weapons.

If they were wearing Swiss Guard Pantaloons, I Dream of Jeanie Sequin Vests, and Fez Hats as long as they were all lined up in military order and slinging AR-15's in "military ready" carry position then they would still be totally glomming on to America's current Sparta like idolization of the military. It's all completely moronic and as a society we do not need it or glean any benefit from the practice.

Some posters here need to get out of America for some serious travel and experience again what America used to be like: no jerks with open carry Glocks on their hips and no sense of foreboding when a cop pulls up behind you. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:
20 hours ago, billvon said:

Those people - the people who want other people to think they are soldiers - are trying to glom on to some of the respect people feel for soldiers.

If they were wearing Swiss Guard Pantaloons, I Dream of Jeanie Sequin Vests, and Fez Hats as long as they were all lined up in military order and slinging AR-15's in "military ready" carry position then they would still be totally glomming on to America's current Sparta like idolization of the military. It's all completely moronic

As it is, I'd say it looks more like they're glomming on to Cobra Troopers.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:33 AM, RonD1120 said:

Hah!

My hand would be on my car's gear shift lever .... as in REVERSE lever.

No need for me to stick around while people wave guns in public.

Open carry is banned in most parts of Canada .... except in rural areas .... during hunting season.

On 7/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, RonD1120 said:

This is an interesting one.  You're genuinely concerned that the mere presence of guns is a threat?

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

This is an interesting one.  You're genuinely concerned that the mere presence of guns is a threat?

Well, I think in Ron's case it all depends on who is holding the guns.

I know he doesn't consider his armed 'security team' at his church to be a threat.
Funny, isn't it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riggerrob said:

Hah!

My hand would be on my car's gear shift lever .... as in REVERSE lever.

No need for me to stick around while people wave guns in public.

Open carry is banned in most parts of Canada .... except in rural areas .... during hunting season.

Yes. During hunting season no worries.On a range where the guns are pointed downrange.

On all other cases a gun would cause the same concern as open carry of a knife. With the first thing coming to mind being WHY?

Anyone, cops included with a hand on a gun would be a concern excepting hunting season.

If those lawyers were in fear of their lives why confront the protestors with guns. Grab the gun sure, but stay in the house where concealment and some cover exists. Confronting a "dangerous mob" with a gun in the open is plain stupid.

Crazy people waving guns.....

(edited)
32 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, I think in Ron's case it all depends on who is holding the guns.

I know he doesn't consider his armed 'security team' at his church to be a threat.
Funny, isn't it?

I actually understand that. When I know the people holding the gun isn't inclined to do stupid stuff. Have a AD. I feel safe. People familiar with guns would show the gun to another as unloaded. The person receiving any gun would check to verify unloaded.Socializing with guns, they all are unloaded or immediately get unloaded unless you're in a safe place to shoot. Nobody would ever point any kind of gun loaded or unloaded at another person. If they did they would be hunting and/or shooting by themselves thereafter.

I've been involved in two ADs Both by other persons. Once where the safety was mishandled and once where the rifle was supposed to be unloaded.

Edited by Phil1111

13 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If you use a fake or non-operable gun in a robbery, it's still chargeable as 'armed robbery'.

Why should this be any different?

Because using a gun to scare someone so that they'll give you their money is different than using a gun as a deterrent against those involved in the commission of a crime.