1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Scary, this science stuff:

https://thehill.com/homenews/521638-trump-biden-will-listen-to-the-scientists-if-elected

 

Trump: Biden will 'listen to the scientists' if elected.

Hi John,

From your link ( this says it all ):   “tellingly out of touch and the polar opposite of reality.”

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Coreece said:
20 hours ago, billvon said:

The right wing extremists are getting so extreme that they now consider FOX News to be a bastion of liberal lies.

Who specifically are you referring to?

Seriously, I'd like to know what you were talking about, or if you were just making things up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Seriously, I'd like to know what you were talking about, or if you were just making things up again.

Several people from Facebook, one person from DZ.com, and even Trump himself now regard FOX News as part of the liberal media.  

Trump: "FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore.  It is so different than it used to be . . . Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”  He has switched to OANN.

Ron has posted links from OANN and similar far right extremist sites.  He's also said that news from FOX is "mainstream media" news, and is thus liberal and not to be trusted.

In general, conservatives watch FOX as long as it is telling them exactly what they want to hear.  But as Trump (and thus the Republican party) become more and more divorced from reality, even a network that presents truth as seldom as FOX does has become too "real" for many Republicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billvon said:

Several people from Facebook, one person from DZ.com, and even Trump himself now regard FOX News as part of the liberal media.  

Trump: "FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore.  It is so different than it used to be . . . Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”  He has switched to OANN.

Ron has posted links from OANN and similar far right extremist sites.  He's also said that news from FOX is "mainstream media" news, and is thus liberal and not to be trusted.

In general, conservatives watch FOX as long as it is telling them exactly what they want to hear.  But as Trump (and thus the Republican party) become more and more divorced from reality, even a network that presents truth as seldom as FOX does has become too "real" for many Republicans.

From Heather Cox Richardson this morning:

The news broke today that Fox News Channel executives passed on the Biden story, thinking it was not credible. Now, of course, FNC is reporting on the fight over the story, so it is sort of having it both ways, but the fact that the story was too iffy even for FNC speaks volumes.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/october-19-2020

Obviously, Fox News has become part of the Deep State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
1 hour ago, Faicon9493 said:

Donald Trump is this country's greatest self-inflicted wound since the Civil War.

I would call Vietnam a greater self inflicted wound than Trump. And the D party inflicted it.

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
35 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I would call Vietnam a greater self inflicted wound than Trump. And the D party inflicted it.

In terms of lives lost, of divisiveness, and of damage to the economy, Vietnam doesn't remotely compare with Trump's damage.

Edited by kallend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kallend said:

In terms of lives lost, of divisiveness, and of damage to the economy, Vietnam doesn't remotely compare with Trump's damage.

"The Vietnam War... killed 58,220 American soldiers and wounded 153,303 more...Basing on the current dollar value, the Vietnam War cost the equivalent of about $1 trillion."

Win for trump. $6 trillion wasted during his presidency.

"The political scientists surveyed in the Brookings Institution report found Donald Trump — seen here in 2017, shortly after he took office — to be America's the most polarizing president by a wide margin. Trump's pursuit of "fractious policies," including travel bans, were cited as fueling the divisiveness. " Ranked #1 of all time.

Once again trump wins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I would call Vietnam a greater self inflicted wound than Trump. And the D party inflicted it.

I'm gonna disagree with that.

Viet Nam by itself was a divisive, damaging and deadly (for over 58k Americans) mistake.

However, that era had a lot more events and movements that made the 60s as tumultuous as they were. 
Civil rights and the divisions that happened among that struggle, women's rights, the idea of the 'social safety net', all of those added to the divisiveness and discord of the 60s.

Even with the other stuff added on, the damage done during the 60s (the entirety of the 60s) wasn't as bad as the past 5 years (since Trump came on the scene as a viable threat), or even the past 10 (since McConnell & the Rs decided to fuck over the country to stifle Obama).

I'm not really old enough to remember it (born in 65), but I've done a fair amount of learning about it.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

So, one topic of the 3rd debate will be Fighting Covid-19.

The number of new cases per day has already increased 56% since the first debate, but Trump claims that it is getting better.  I expect it will be more like 62% increase by the day of the debate.

In Pennsylvania, where Trump declared we are "crushing the virus" at a rally, new cases are up 81% since the first debate.

Why don't any of his supporters call him on this shit?

 

Edited by headoverheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, headoverheels said:

...

Why don't any of his supporters call him on this shit?

 

 

5 hours ago, olofscience said:

Too busy digging for dirt on the Bidens. If Barr doesn't start an investigation (because evidence is really dodgy), Trump should replace him with our very own turtlespeed.

Sorry, you're wrong its FOX news. When you don't watch any other news channel, don't subscribe to the local newspaper their is no cognitive dissonance.

I'd guess "President Donald Trump reportedly walked out of his interview with 60 Minutes’ Lesley Stahl on Tuesday, according to CNN White House Correspondent Kaitlan Collins. “Apparently there was some drama while President Trump was taping his 60 Minutes interview today,” Collins tweeted, adding that the president “abruptly ended his solo." Was all about somebody confronting his lies.

So on the week prior to the election he had an opportunity to speak to Americans for ten minutes on a popular news show for seniors. Instead a tantrum results then he tweets about her not wearing a mask( pure vindictive theater).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1