1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

7 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 19.29.51.png

Hi Robert,

As I have said before, Biden should not even show up.

Since we now have video proof ( the Axios interview by Jonathon Swan ) of how Trumps responds to questions, IMO it would be foolish for Biden to show up.  Or maybe he could just give his two minutes for each question to Trump.

I will say one than about the Axios interview, it sure was entertaining.

Jerry Baumchen

33 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Robert,

As I have said before, Biden should not even show up.

Since we now have video proof ( the Axios interview by Jonathon Swan ) of how Trumps responds to questions, IMO it would be foolish for Biden to show up.  Or maybe he could just give his two minutes for each question to Trump.

I will say one than about the Axios interview, it sure was entertaining.

Jerry Baumchen

Biden should just volunteer to give up his debate time to let the networks replay the Axios interview. Trump is vain enough, and stupid enough, that he would think it was a great idea.

8 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Another moron.  I mean these are our choices and we wonder why the world is so fucked up. . .or is it the other way around?

I think you are trying to say that Biden is a moron like Trump is. If so, I question your judgement.

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:
15 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Another moron.  I mean these are our choices and we wonder why the world is so fucked up. . .or is it the other way around?

I think you are trying to say that Biden is a moron like Trump is. If so, I question your judgement.

Do you honestly believe that that 1 minute clip was a positive moment for joe?  If so, then there is no question about it - you have bad judgement.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Do you honestly believe that that 1 minute clip was a positive moment for joe?  If so, then there is no question about it - you have bad judgement.

https://qz.com/1267508/all-the-people-close-to-donald-trump-who-called-him-an-idiot/

Biden does not have a host of people close to him who seriously question his intelligence. Whatever you think of that clip, which I do think he performed well on, there is no real comparison to the sheer idiocy that is the Dotard.

Edited by gowlerk

(edited)
27 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Whatever you think of that clip, which I do think he performed well on

Which part, the part where he compared a cognitive abilities test to a cocaine test, or the part where he we said he's willing to let the American public judge his physical and mental fitness as he flubbed his lines again, stumbling over the words physical and mental?

And then you have to wonder why he even singled out cocaine in the first place. Hmmmm. . .

So when you add stuff like this, to the times when Joe insulted reporters as having a lower IQ compared to himself, lying about his academic credentials and his overall creepiness along with accusations of literally grabbing a woman by her pussy, we start to see that these are all similar symptoms of whatever the hell disease is afflicting Trump.

Have fun eating that shit sandwich - I hope you all get your fill of it.

I mean why is it so damn hard to nominate and vote for someone that is truly fit and deserving of being POTUS?

Edited by Coreece

6 minutes ago, Coreece said:

I mean why is it so damn hard to nominate and vote for someone that is truly fit and deserving of being POTUS?

No matter who the Democrats nominated, he or she would be less than perfect, and would be picked on. Joe Biden is no saint, and wasn't a whole lot of people's choice for President. But he was enough people's choice for the primary, and that's how it works. Now the machines (both pro and anti) are working away, just as they do on Trump.

There is virtually no way he can be worse than the current President, and I agree that's a really, really, low bar. But just imagine the pushback if the party were to step in and take over the role with a selected, rather than primarily-elected, person. Now that would be epic.

Wendy P.

I will say that Biden didn't come off all that well, but then I don't respond well to superior fuck-you-you're-a-moron responses. That kind of a response coming from Trump would be expected and lionized as "not being a politician." It was stupid coming from Trump, and is just as stupid coming from Biden. Contempt doesn't elevate anyone.

Messing up word pronunciation is something he's done a lot of over the years; it's very different from aphasic cognitive decline, where you can't remember them. Once his vocabulary quality starts declining consistently (e.g. "bunny" instead of "rabbit" because he can't remember rabbit) it's time to worry about cognitive decline.

Wendy P.

21 minutes ago, Coreece said:

All I heard was Biden saying that he is not taking any of that shit. He did stumble on some words, but he spoke better and clearer than I have heard him in the past. Cocaine is a large part of the zeitgeist, as I'm sure you know.

22 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Because no one is perfect. The stakes are high, and anyone running will find opposition hammering away at any mistakes or missteps they have ever made. Joe Biden has lived a long life with plenty of events in it. Just who meets your standards? I think Barack Obama probably is the most "worthy" POTUS of my lifetime. It's pretty hard to find many personal flaws in him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

Have fun eating that shit sandwich

Hi Coreece,

It is your continuing insults such as this is why you have no credibility with me.

Grow up!!!!!!

Right Jerry, because I'm the only one that talks about shit sandwiches when it comes to elections - and if you vote for these shit candidates, you're metaphorically eating that shit sandwich.  And that was directed at both sides.

Wake up.

Thanks Wendy.  For the most part we can always count on you for honest and reasonable replies.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

No matter who the Democrats nominated, he or she would be less than perfect, and would be picked on.

I think some of these issues go beyond just mere imperfection, but everyone has their reasons, excuses or justifications for turning a blind eye to these troublesome attributes and voting "anyone but Hillary" or "anyone but Trump."

For the most part, the reasons/excuses/justifications for Trump  were because of swing states in the midwest/rustbet losing their jobs and homes under a democrat administration that they voted for - and it didn't matter if that admin was directly responsible or not.  That's just how it works on such a broad level.  But that still doesn't stop people from saying that they're just a bunch of racist, xenophobic misogynists - and there is a tremendous amount of resentment for that, especially after voting for Obama and then losing their asses.

Traditionally they'd go back to the voting booths in November and if the republicans didn't get it done in their opinion, then they'd go back to the dems.  The problem this time is that Biden played a direct role and was second inline in that administration.  Will they be willing to give them a second chance this time?  I don't know, things are very different now. The UAW isn't the same  and they don't need the dems to protect the jobs, wages and house that they don't have anymore.

However, Trump has been so very bad on so many fronts, that it's hard to imagine enough people being willing to put up with that even for someone who is less than desirable. At least I really hope so.

Some of my core values include respect for people and peace-seeking. Trump is actively against both of those; for me it's a very easy decision.

Wendy P.

30 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Some of my core values include respect for people and peace-seeking. Trump is actively against both of those; for me it's a very easy decision.

Hi Wendy,

Re:  'respect for people'

That one is quite subjective; but, he surely could be doing a better job of it.

Re:  'peace-seeking'

As I have written before, I simply cannot understand how someone can be in an argument every day.  Every morning it is, who is he arguing with now?  I would not be able to sleep at nite.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Probably the easiest voting decision I have ever made in my 56 yrs of voting.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

No matter who the Democrats nominated, he or she would be less than perfect, and would be picked on. Joe Biden is no saint, and wasn't a whole lot of people's choice for President. But he was enough people's choice for the primary, and that's how it works. Now the machines (both pro and anti) are working away, just as they do on Trump.

There is virtually no way he can be worse than the current President, and I agree that's a really, really, low bar. But just imagine the pushback if the party were to step in and take over the role with a selected, rather than primarily-elected, person. Now that would be epic.

Wendy P.

That seems a lot like gaming the system, doesn't it?

Kinda like going against the Constitution?  If not the letter then the spirit?

19 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Re:  'respect for people'

That one is quite subjective

I agree there Jerry - and it's very difficult on some levels in this rather volatile social/political environment with so much shit-slinging going on.  I think most of us could do a better job, but  I don't really have a problem with tit for tat arguments, especially when humor is involved - And yes I think shit sandwiches are a rather humorous concept.

More importantly for me is not so much credibility, but the substance of an argument and ones ability, or inability to counter.

29 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Re:  'peace-seeking'

This is a legitimate issue.  While I've delved somewhat into eschatology, I'm not interested in deliberately lighting that fuse in an expedient manner - and I believe the Prince of Peace is ok with that, along with attempts to thwart such a violent end, as futile as they may be.

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

How so? Knowing there are two realistic candidates, am I supposed to simply not vote simply because I don’t agree down the line with one of them? It’s the system we’re stuck with. Opting out is not a good choice in this case 

Wendy P. 

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

What, exactly, is gaming the system and going outside the spirit of the constitution?

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

Nope not at all.

Again, not at all.  Are you sure you have read the Constitution?

Yes.

I have a fundamental disagreement with voting for a guy and letting the party dictate who his replacement will be because he's likely not going to make it mentally or physically, or both.

Can you imagine what the left would say if we the RNC did that?

I don't think its called the Vice presidential replacement election, do you?

Edited by turtlespeed