1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

16 hours ago, billvon said:

From the debate:
Biden: "You've got 545 kids who have no idea where their parents are."
Trump: "Good."

No commentary needed.

"Trump campaign’s communications director asserted on Friday that the reason some migrant families separated by the administration at the U.S. border have not been reunited is because the parents do not want their children back. ....“You have to locate the parents and when they are located in these other countries in many cases, John, the parents do not want the children sent back to them in their home countries.”

Imagine a new phrase inscribed on the Statue of Liberty. Instead of "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore".

trump wrote "If climate change, drug gangs feeding America's drug needs and poverty drives you from your homelands. You can thank me for DHS seizing your children, forcing them into internment camps. Because I was the least racist president America ever elected"

21 hours ago, billvon said:

From the debate:
Biden: "You've got 545 kids who have no idea where their parents are."
Trump: "Good."

No commentary needed.

That one was debunked immediately. Audio only? Yeah it was credible to assess that he may have said "good" instead of "go ahead". With video, you see him clearly make eye contact with the moderator who was waiting for Biden to finish and says "go ahead" for her to continue - he blurs the words together but he's not saying "good".

There's literally thousands of things to attack Trump on, this isn't one of them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

That one was debunked immediately. Audio only? Yeah it was credible to assess that he may have said "good" instead of "go ahead". With video, you see him clearly make eye contact with the moderator who was waiting for Biden to finish and says "go ahead" for her to continue - he blurs the words together but he's not saying "good".

There's literally thousands of things to attack Trump on, this isn't one of them.

trump did claim that those children were bought into the US by "coyotes," or human smugglers. A lie specifically intended to deflect justified criticism of his policy. Originally led by Jeff Sessions it was trump who built the "cages" that in another lie shortly thereafter he blamed on Biden. By "asking" him "who built those cages?"

Shortly thereafter in a bit of braggadocio he stated "They are so well taken care of, they're in facilities that are so clean." Which of course is at odds to the feelings of his evangelical base who: "The Bible says to welcome immigrants. So why don’t white evangelicals? 68 percent of white evangelicals say America has no responsibility to house refugees."

18 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Shortly thereafter in a bit of braggadocio he stated "They are so well taken care of, they're in facilities that are so clean." Which of course is at odds to the feelings of his evangelical base who: "The Bible says to welcome immigrants. So why don’t white evangelicals? 68 percent of white evangelicals say America has no responsibility to house refugees."

Evangelicals have a right to their opinions, too. I wish the politicization of religion hadn't started up in the 1970's; it's turning some of our own religious folks into zealots and extremists, just like the islamists they all think are the only worse thing than liberals.

Wendy P.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:31 PM, lippy said:

I've been a US citizen for 13 months, just voted for the first time ever (I left Canada in 2003 and had never voted there as I was too young/disinterested in politics).  

There is a free jump for you on account at Skydive Oregon. 

• Like 1