1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

22 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Not really.

I think that "Trumpism" is far more a symptom of the disease than the disease itself.

Keep in mind that McConnell & the rest of the Rs put party before country quite a while prior to Trump rising to prominence.

Trump wasn't even thought of as a candidate back in 2012 when McConnell decided to "oppose anything Obama brought up, even if it would be bad for the country".

And Trump had barely gotten out of the gate when they decided not to even consider the Garland SC nomination.

Maybe, but I wanted to post a picture of a pantomime horse as a metaphor for Trump screwing his party.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/18e292dc-7850-49db-9540-1c24f0ce29ab

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

That w

I'm sure the 12.6 million unemployed folks will find that comforting.

Then let's hope those 12.6M folks can put some pressure on the President to stop publicly changing his mind on the stimulus several times a day. To make him let his representatives sit down and negotiate in good faith with the Democrats. To make him stop sending his press corps out to flatly contradict the stance his negotiators think they're supposed to take. 

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Think they will find this comforting?

"I have instructed my representatives to stop negotiating until after the election."

Old news Bill.  There hasn't been a halt in negotiations.  What you're getting a chub over is a negotiating tactic called "the takeaway".

Just now, airdvr said:

Old news Bill.  There hasn't been a halt in negotiations.  What you're getting a chub over is a negotiating tactic called "the takeaway".

Trump's 'negotiating technique' is to throw a temper tantrum and walk away. 

Then, a day or so later, pretend he never did it, pretend he's proposing something new and try to take credit for it.

How do you not see how truly incompetent he is?

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Trump's 'negotiating technique' is to throw a temper tantrum and walk away. 

Then, a day or so later, pretend he never did it, pretend he's proposing something new and try to take credit for it.

Incompetent? He thinks it is masterful negotiating and he will never be convinced otherwise, since Trump is doing it.....

12 minutes ago, airdvr said:

"the takeaway" is a negotiating tactic also known as "the bluff" and is as bush league as it gets.

45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Ah  I'm sure the 12.6 million unemployed folks will find that "negotiating tactic" comforting.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Probably the same reason why people have thought that there was a spaceship hiding behind a comet, or why genocidal strongmen are allowed to rise to power.

Lack of critical thinking, cognitive dissonance, and blind dedication to charisma.

(edited)
1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I'm sure 12.6M unemployed people will find that comforting.

Now, exactly which part of Pelosi's negotiating technique are you getting a chub over?

Edited by jakee