1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

43 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Semantics. 

And where's the semantics in thinking you know exactly what the straight talking Trump means even though you shouldn't believe what he says?

I'm beginning to think I just might need brain surgery.

Your words, but I don't disagree.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I'm not being conned by him. 

Of course you are.  You said so yourself.  You think he is being honest - "he never says anything he doesn't believe in" - instead of feeding you a line to manipulate you.

Well guess what?  That makes you as gullible as all those lefties you like to mock all the time who believe what THEIR politicians tell them.

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

I've said it before.  I am a human racist.  Fucktards come in all colors and sizes.

The Proud Boys are hardcore white supremacists.

They advocate violence against minorities (both racial and religious).

Trump issued what sure sounded like operational orders to them.

Are you in any way shape or form ok with that?

Are you ok with the president giving orders to what are basically Nazis?

14 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The Proud Boys are hardcore white supremacists.

They advocate violence against minorities (both racial and religious).

Trump issued what sure sounded like operational orders to them.

Are you in any way shape or form ok with that?

Are you ok with the president giving orders to what are basically Nazis?

I don't think it's what you think it was.  I could ask the same questions of Biden with regards to ANTIFA.

40 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I could ask the same questions of Biden with regards to ANTIFA.

You could.  But since Antifa is not a terrorist organization - the FBI calls them an ideology, not an organization - it wouldn't mean much.  It would be like demanding to know whether you support tax avoidance.  And if you do, you support terrorism.

7 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

It seems as if trump, GOP and his inner circle of criminals who like to use religion as a political tool have been told to pound sand by the Pope.

Oh well there must be some evangelicals around or bible toting photo ops that will work as well for his base.

The Catholic Church is one of the few large institutions around that are more corrupt than the Trump administration.

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

I don't think it's what you think it was.  I could ask the same questions of Biden with regards to ANTIFA.

At what point in time did Biden tell the Antifa to 'stand by'?

Many are wondering if he plans on telling them to "Step Up" for the election. You know, to prevent 'voter fraud', which to them would mean not allowing 'those people' to vote.

Or maybe after Trump loses. He could call for an armed march by them. Maybe he could tell them to wear brown shirts instead of the polo shirts they like. 

• Like 1

Hi folks,

Sounds like voter suppression to me:  'Texas governor cuts back on voting locations'

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54380684

I also noticed on the evening news that some states that have gone to mail-in balloting require that the ballot have a 'witness signature' also to be valid.

We have never had this req'ment here in Oregon.

Expect more of this as we get closer to 3 Nov.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

...Many are wondering if he plans on telling them to "Step Up" for the election. You know, to prevent 'voter fraud', which to them would mean not allowing 'those people' to vote....

His followers are already stepping up but you won't hear anything but encouragement from the WH.

"Two right-wing political operatives were charged Thursday with a series of felonies in connection with a robocall scheme that Michigan’s attorney general said was part of a broad effort intended to intimidate minority voters from casting mail-in ballots.

The operatives, Jack Burkman and Jacob Wohl, made automated calls to around 12,000 Michigan residents in August, warning them that their personal information from mail-in ballots could be used to execute outstanding arrest warrants or by credit card companies to collect unpaid debts, the authorities said."

The two charged are typical trump supporters "

Mr. Burkman, who is well known for peddling right-wing conspiracy theories and who has tried to smear public figures that included the special counsel Robert S. Mueller III with fabricated sexual misconduct allegations, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Efforts to reach Mr. Wohl, who has contributed to The Gateway Pundit, a right-wing news site, were unsuccessful. Mr. Wohl’s Twitter account was suspended. Mr. Wohl was charged last month with a felony in California related to the sale of a security, according to court documents."

Perhaps best in the Banana Republic thread, but....

I am concerned about voter intimidation (under the guise of "protecting ballot workers" or "making sure people don't vote illegally). I'm also concerned about mail-in ballots being counted by closed-door cabals, kind of like used to happen in South Texas regularly (you can google Landslide Lyndon for details, but that was by no means a single occurrence).

Power corrupts. People see losing it as worse than what the others gain; in fact, people pretty much see losing anything as worse than gaining the very same thing would be (that book I've been reading, Thinking Fast and Slow, has some good research showing this). So of course people who think that they've been in power all this time will do pretty much anything to keep it.

The demographics are changing; I may not be around to see the political world catch up with them, but it'll  happen. Frankly, I hope it happens before we have too many dispossessed people, and end up shitcanning a bunch of US infrastructure that might have remained useful.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

One of the things we tend to forget about the election is that it's pretty much a 'county level' event. The election officials are county workers. Usually known to the community.

That doesn't mean that they can't or won't pull some crap to tilt the election one way or another, but it really doesn't happen much. 

And I've seen a LOT of stuff going around on FB that local LE (all over the place, not just local to me) are saying that any 'volunteer poll watchers' who even appear to be trying to discourage any people from voting will be 'dealt with in an appropriate manner'. From what I understand that means warnings, trespassing citations, and then arrest. 

58 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump campaign spokeswoman, Erin Perrine, laid it out on Fox News Monday morning. "He has experience now fighting the coronavirus as an individual. Those firsthand experiences, Joe Biden, he doesn't have those,"

Soon we'll be hearing "No-one knows more about covid-19 than I do" from DJT.

I’m sure that personal experience of Trump fighting the coronavirus with the help of his personal, dedicated staff of 20 doctors and an entire medical wing just for him will be of great relevance to the average Joe.

(edited)
4 hours ago, jakee said:

I’m sure that personal experience of Trump fighting the coronavirus with the help of his personal, dedicated staff of 20 doctors and an entire medical wing just for him will be of great relevance to the average Joe.

As a host of superspreader events and a superspreader himself. He may be onto something. Previously he stated that "herd immunity" is the objective. He seems to be favoring the GOP herd at this time.

Since trump was infected there have been more new cases at the WH than in New Zealand and Vietnam combined. MAGA

Edited by Phil1111