1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Thank you for your skilled avoidance of the question. I give up.

Don't give up that easily.  I'll try and simplify it for you

Kennedy - couldn't keep his dick in his pants

Johnson - continued a war he knew we couldn't win.

Nixon - obvious

Ford - the alka seltzer of Presidents, designed to quell the Nixon hangover

Carter - too decent a human to be POTUS.

Reagan - I loved Ron only to find out later how bad he fucked us.  At lease were happy while he was doing it.

Bush 1 - Reagan's lapdog.  How do you lose an election 6 months after a huge war victory?  What time is it?

Clinton - see Kennedy

Bush 2 - the ultimate Daddy complex

Obama - ACA sux

Trump - you'd probably love him if he had a muzzle.

See, they're all fucktards in one way or another.

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Are you that naive? Is your memory that short?

Trump literally stood up on stage, on TV, and admitted that he said things during the campaign which he didn’t believe, that his handlers told him to say, and that he kept saying them purely because they played well with the audience.

hehe...he never says anything he doesn't believe in.  He's running the office like a corporation.  See how long you have your job when you try to take the CEO on.

5 minutes ago, jakee said:

Are you that naive? Is your memory that short?

Trump literally stood up on stage, on TV, and admitted that he said things during the campaign which he didn’t believe, that his handlers told him to say, and that he kept saying them purely because they played well with the audience.

And you believed him.

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

hehe...he never says anything he doesn't believe in.  He's running the office like a corporation.  See how long you have your job when you try to take the CEO on.

He says whatever will get him a short-term answer he's looking for. Long-term consequences or actual truth don't matter to him.

I expect more out of my doctor, why shouldn't I expect more out of the country's President? What would you say if you asked a store owner if you could return defective merchandise, and he said "yes, of course," knowing for sure that you couldn't, or that he'd be out of business the next day. Would you think he was a smart businessman, or an asshole? Would you give him your money for his next business?

Wendy P.

hehe...he never says anything he doesn't believe in. 

Oh sure. If you ignore all the things he constantly says that he doesn’t believe in then yeah, never ever ever!

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

He's running the office like a corporation. 

Yep, he’s running it exactly like his one of his corporations. Extracting as much personal profit as possible before bankrupting it and taking no responsibility for the debt.

4 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Clearly you have never worked in a corporation. If you have only worked for people who don't tolerate opposing views, then I guess that explains some things.

1 minute ago, jakee said:

Yep, he’s running it exactly like his one of his corporations. Extracting as much personal profit as possible before bankrupting it and taking no responsibility for the debt.

I do get a kick out of how incredibly American it is for people to think that having a gold toilet is a great qualification for their leader.

15 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Every CEO of every company I worked for professionally actually did try to hire people that knew more than they did, and used their advice.   Not many direct underlings were fired, and none that I know of for butting heads with the CEO, but a couple of CEOs were replaced involuntarily. 

Edited by headoverheels

2 minutes ago, headoverheels said:

Every CEO of every company I worked for professionally actually did try to hire people that knew more than they did, and used their advice.   Not many direct underlings were fired (none that I can remember in 40+ years), and none that I know of for butting heads with the CEO, but a couple of CEOs were replaced involuntarily. 

What was it all the conservative small government people used to say about politicians? Something about ‘they work for us’? But now they’re defending Trump for running the country like one of his companies that he owns. I’m sure there’s a word for heads of state who own their countries. Four letters, starts with a K. Strange to find out that’s what they really want.

14 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Dude - he's a reality TV star.  He admits in his books that he lies to get what he wants.  He admitted he lied about COVID-19.  And you believe he says what he thinks?  He says whatever gets him a better outcome in five minutes.

Boy he sure got you.  He actually conned you into thinking that he was an honest politician.

And you think CEO's always say what they think, too?  Airdvr, I'd like you to meet Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos.  A real straight shooter of a CEO.  Perhaps you could invest?

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

He says whatever will get him a short-term answer he's looking for. Long-term consequences or actual truth don't matter to him.

I expect more out of my doctor, why shouldn't I expect more out of the country's President? What would you say if you asked a store owner if you could return defective merchandise, and he said "yes, of course," knowing for sure that you couldn't, or that he'd be out of business the next day. Would you think he was a smart businessman, or an asshole? Would you give him your money for his next business?

Wendy P.

Jeez Wendy...I expect more out of my doctor as well.  I'm not asking trump to do brain surgery.

Jeez Wendy...I expect more out of my doctor as well.  I'm not asking trump to do brain surgery.

If you're asking your doctor to do brain surgery then you understand as much about medicine as you do politics.

10 minutes ago, billvon said:

Dude - he's a reality TV star.  He admits in his books that he lies to get what he wants.  He admitted he lied about COVID-19.  And you believe he says what he thinks?  He says whatever gets him a better outcome in five minutes.

Boy he sure got you.  He actually conned you into thinking that he was an honest politician.

And you think CEO's always say what they think, too?  Airdvr, I'd like you to meet Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos.  A real straight shooter of a CEO.  Perhaps you could invest?

I'm not being conned by him.  I don't need him to be my moral compass.  But alas, there's no point in trying to interrupt the circlejerk you all have going on in here.  You should however try to avoid chafing.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcStzoleRSC_Goa58PNR7YXj2Ux6eBcc2yHtEejXFSGSsrjWxND5rG88TaGxxfMEcWq_fUFWMT8C&usqp=CAc

10 minutes ago, airdvr said:

What are you asking him to do? Use money from daddy and Hollywood and spend it in such a way to ensure losses are maximized? Except now you are footing the bill?

If you think he is such a smart business man and that is how the country should be run, that means ensure a high level of losses and constant emergency infusions of cash. You think that is an effective way to run the country? What exactly are you asking of Trump?

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm not being conned by him.  I don't need him to be my moral compass.  But alas, there's no point in trying to interrupt the circlejerk you all have going on in here.  You should however try to avoid chafing.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcStzoleRSC_Goa58PNR7YXj2Ux6eBcc2yHtEejXFSGSsrjWxND5rG88TaGxxfMEcWq_fUFWMT8C&usqp=CAc

Trump did say he brought football back. Nice of you to show what he used to turn you from a tight-end into a wide receiver.

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Hi airdvr,

Every now and then, I consider one of your posts somewhat 'on the money.'

Then you eliminate it all by posting something that is so insulting; like this post of yours.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Every now and then, I consider one of your posts somewhat 'on the money.'

Then you eliminate it all by posting something that is so insulting; like this post of yours.

Jerry Baumchen

I'm sorry I offended you...NOT.  Lighten up man.  It's a joke (sort of)

I expect better than pure short-term thinking from everyone I deal with willingly. I wouldn't go to a mechanic who said "yeah it'll work" knowing it'll fail in two days; I wouldn't use a contractor who lied about the job or the price, etc. I've been gypped, and I've been fooled, but never twice in the same way, and not in quite awhile.

I realize you expect more from people you deal with personally -- you should also expect more from public servants, especially ones who are considered to be representatives of our country, state, city, etc.

Wendy P.

48 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Your macho talk is so inspiring. Where did you learn proper circle jerk technique?