1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

Do you want a mental defective who will listen to the experts he surrounds himself with, or a mental defective who thinks he knows more and is more intelligent than anyone else and will do what his gut tells him, regardless of what his experts advise?

Its not even a trick question. 

Both choices suck. One is fucking stupid.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, yoink said:

Do you want a mental defective who will listen to the experts he surrounds himself with, or a mental defective who thinks he knows more and is more intelligent than anyone else and will do what his gut tells him, regardless of what his experts advise?

Its not even a trick question. 

Both choices suck. One is fucking stupid.

Yes, yes and more yes. But i would change gut to other objectives of which most are at odds with the interests of the country. There are always politicians and business leaders who lack expertise or agile thinking in decision making. But if they can surround themselves with skilled and smart advisors. Then use that advice with the aim of prudent objectives the day will be won.

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Yeah - it kinda takes the wind out of their insult sails, doesn't it?

I missed the bit where FDR claimed to be the fittest, healthiest president ever.

I also didn't miss the bit where YOU started this conversation by judging Biden's health. Kinda takes the wind out of your not being a partisan hypocrite sails, doesn't it?

John Fogerty has made a short video statement on the Trump campaigns use of "Fortunate Son". Just play the video clip half way down the page:

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/john-fogerty-on-trumps-confounding-use-of-a-creedence-classic-about-draft-dodgers-he-is-the-fortunate-son-watch-1234767796/

Edited by ryoder

Just now, wolfriverjoe said:

Interesting. I was unaware that John Fogarty had been drafted & served in the military.

But yeah, Trump is pretty much a 'poster child' Fortunate Son.
And apparently too stupid to realize that it's not complimentary.

Or he's being sabatoged.

If I was Fogerty, I would have said:

"Well, the song was written about your kind, so if you want to call attention to the fact you're a draft dodger, go for it. You can use it as much as you want."

On 9/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, ryoder said:

If I was Fogerty, I would have said:

"Well, the song was written about your kind, so if you want to call attention to the fact you're a draft dodger, go for it. You can use it as much as you want."

Pot meet kettle....

Joe Biden’s Draft Record Looks a Lot Like Donald Trump’s. Do Democrats Care?

Just a few months before President Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” former high school football star Biden got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.” It was one of five deferments Biden received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war. 

28 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Pot meet kettle....

Just a few months before President Donald Trump received his now-infamous diagnosis of “bone spurs in the heels,” former high school football star Biden got the same 1-Y draft deferment for “asthma as a teenager.” It was one of five deferments Biden received (the same number as notorious GOP “draft dodger” Dick Cheney) and allowed him to avoid being drafted at the height of the war. 

Not really . . . they will just say "Orange Man Bad" and move about on their hypocritical day, ignoring they ever said anything about Trumps record.

38 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Not really . . . they will just say "Orange Man Bad" and move about on their hypocritical day, ignoring they ever said anything about Trumps record.

Hypocrisy is exactly the point. I’ve never heard Biden accuse those who did serve of cowardice. I’ve never heard Biden claim to be the biggest and best supporter of the military or the most knowledgeable  person alive on military matters. Ive never heard Biden say he felt like a great soldier or refer to his personal Vietnam. 

I have nothing against anyone who dodged the draft per se, but Trump sure as hell deserves the criticism for it in light of everything else he’s ever publicly said about the military to advance his political career.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jakee said:

Hypocrisy is exactly the point. I’ve never heard Biden accuse those who did serve of cowardice. I’ve never heard Biden claim to be the biggest and best supporter of the military or the most knowledgeable  person alive on military matters. Ive never heard Biden say he felt like a great soldier or refer to his personal Vietnam. 

I have nothing against anyone who dodged the draft per se, but Trump sure as hell deserves the criticism for it in light of everything else he’s ever publicly said about the military to advance his political career.

I can’t see much hope for the USA when people are so blinded by hatred and fear. 
I would say that as a generalisation most people I know see Americans as being very fearful people. More so than you’re average nation. Trump has tapped into that fear and is exploiting it. 

The one good thing I will say is he has drawn the bigotry out into the open. All those middle aged white men who feel marginalised because they see the world as transactional and that if a woman or minority gets the same rights as them, they have somehow “lost” some of their masculinity and rights.

For the election, I think it’s going to be close. Look at the percentage of posters here that are now clearly in the Trump camp.

43 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I can’t see much hope for the USA when people are so blinded by hatred and fear. 
I would say that as a generalisation most people I know see Americans as being very fearful people. More so than you’re average nation. Trump has tapped into that fear and is exploiting it. 

The one good thing I will say is he has drawn the bigotry out into the open. All those middle aged white men who feel marginalised because they see the world as transactional and that if a woman or minority gets the same rights as them, they have somehow “lost” some of their masculinity and rights.

For the election, I think it’s going to be close. Look at the percentage of posters here that are now clearly in the Trump camp.

Its not Trump as much as Anti Biden.

I won't vote for Trump.

43 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I won't vote for Trump.

Anti-Hilliary, anti-Biden before there was a Biden then anti-Biden. Sure, thats what it is.

"The top communications official at the powerful cabinet department in charge of combating the coronavirus made outlandish and false accusations on Sunday that career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic and that left-wing hit squads were preparing for armed insurrection after the election.

Michael R. Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services, accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of harboring a “resistance unit” determined to undermine President Trump, even if that opposition bolsters the Covid-19 death toll.

Mr. Caputo, who has faced intense criticism for leading efforts to warp C.D.C. weekly bulletins to fit Mr. Trump’s pandemic narrative, suggested that he personally could be in danger from opponents of the administration. “If you carry guns, buy ammunition, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be hard to get,” he urged his followers.

He went further, saying his physical health was in question, and his “mental health has definitely failed.

Your man/boy trump promised to hire only the best and there it is!

Edited by Phil1111

On 9/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, ryoder said:

You just can't make this shit up; Trump campaign plays CCR's "Fortunate Son" at a rally:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/9447614/trump-played-ccr-fortunate-son-rally-reactions

No one in that campaign can hear lyrics???

ROTFLMAO!!!

It on take-off roll now:

Trump ad asks people to support the troops. But it uses a picture of Russian jets.

“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”

Trump likes to recognize and support the troops that support him.

"Last October, Rep. Brian Mast (R-Fla.) tweeted a picture of the Russian battlecruiser Pyotr Velikiy with the comment: “Happy birthday to the US Navy. "

Edited by Phil1111

14 hours ago, airdvr said:

Pot meet kettle....

Kettle meet airdvr:

"Increased asthma among Olympic athletes seem be due to a multitude of factors including, daily training and frequent competitions of high intensity and during with increased ventilation, which leads to epithelial damage and bronchial hyper-responsiveness  and inflammation that leads to asthma symptoms.

Because asthma is the most common chronic disease in Olympic athletes, it is important that the present available treatment according to international guidelines enables those with asthma to compete on an equal level and with equal success as other healthy athletes.

Former Olympians with asthma, are Justine Henin who captured the gold in Athens in 2004, US swimmer Tom Dolan who won gold in Atlanta in 1996 and in 2016 US swimmer Kelsi Worrell who competed in Rio."

This is no more than a quick lift from Alan Khadavi. MD. The idea is that asthma is not one big debilitating thing. Maybe a guy can do civilian athletic activities but still not pass a military medical exam.

Edited by JoeWeber

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I won't vote for Trump.

I know. Due to bias you will never vote Democrat as you’ll go out of your way to see the issues. Whether you vote for Trump or not you will defend and continue to defend him to the bitter end. I get the feeling your “I’m not voting Trump” is simply leaving a back door open if in the future his behaviour comes back to bite him, Trump who...?