1 1
Phil1111

The 2020 Election trump v. Biden

The only way to have a debate would be to have a large 10'x20'  screen behind each candidate. When each lies it lights up with a large LIE and whatever time the candidate wasted with his B.S. lie. Is used to show his past record on the direct subject at hand.

Biden has lied a few times in the past. But trump has a quasi-monopoly on it.

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

The only way to have a debate would be to have a large 10'x20'  screen behind each candidate. When each lies it lights up with a large LIE and whatever time the candidate wasted with his B.S. lie. Is used to show his past record on the direct subject at hand.

Biden has lied a few times in the past. But trump has a quasi-monopoly on it.

That isn't the only way.

A proper moderator with a real debate background would be a good start.

5 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That isn't the only way.

A proper moderator with a real debate background would be a good start.

No. Because a moderator won't call out lies. Won't cut off the mike of a candidate lying. Won't berate a candidate for not answering or side stepping the question. Every debate deals with these issues but trump is incapable of giving a straight truthful answer to a straight question. Even under oath.

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

No. Because a moderator won't call out lies. Won't cut off the mike of a candidate lying. Won't berate a candidate for not answering or side stepping the question. Every debate deals with these issues but trump is incapable of giving a straight truthful answer to a straight question. Even under oath.

That is true among a lot of people in office.  

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That is true among a lot of people in office.  

Thats agreement twice in a day. My point would be trump is far,far beyond any person's propensity to lie. I have known prison guards who have dealt with inmates with FAS and other serious mental deficiencies. They relayed how some inmates naturally lie, regardless of circumstance, because they falsely perceive some sort of advantage in doing so.

15 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Thats agreement twice in a day. My point would be trump is far,far beyond any person's propensity to lie. I have known prison guards who have dealt with inmates with FAS and other serious mental deficiencies. They relayed how some inmates naturally lie, regardless of circumstance, because they falsely perceive some sort of advantage in doing so.

<Shrug>

For entertainment - I would still like to see Biden debate Trump on national TV  . . . with a Hard left Moderator and a Hard Right moderator.

Maybe Hannity and Cuomo as the moderators.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, ScottishJohn said:

Those comments come amid worsening economic figures showing that the US economy shrank by 32.9 per cent between April and June, making it the sharpest contraction since the second world war.

Please understand that the GDP actually shrank by 9.5%.  If it continues to shrink at 9.5% for four quarters, we get the reported annualized 32.9%.

Hi folks,

'Influential Trump Ally Now Demands His Re-Impeachment'

'After voting for President Trump in 2016 and staunchly defending him in conservative publications, a Federalist Society leader appears to be having some very public buyer's remorse.'

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/31/897724197/citing-election-delay-tweet-influential-trump-ally-now-demands-his-re-impeachmen

Time to get some popcorn & pull up the easy chair; this is going to be fun to watch.

Jerry Baumchen

51 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

A 9.5% drop in the GDP is a serious business. ...

Citizens and voters aren't looking for a miracle with Joe Biden. They just want a return to normalcy, and dignity restored to the Office of the President. 

The great depression was far more severe on the US population because of the complete lack of social and monetary support programs. This pandemic will still leave a $3.5 trillion now. To possibly a $4.5 trillion by the time Biden wraps a recovery up increase in debt to the total. Which has largely shielded the US population.

In fact consumer spending figures show some were not impacted at all. Others poured more cash into stocks which shows their confidence.

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Trump is most likely gone in November. The way he is though, you have to wonder whether he will even assist the transition team.

I must wonder what value transition assistance would be, coming from people who have no idea WTF they are doing. 

Michael Lewis is one of my favorite authors. He wrote "The Fifth Risk" about the Obama/Trump transition. It is the only one of his books I have not finished, because it is so depressing reading about all the preparation done by the Obama team which was just discarded/ignored by the Trump team.

I can see a Biden administration having the advantage of being part of the most recent competent team, especially if he appoints people who were part of the Obama team and remember how things worked.

5 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I must wonder what value transition assistance would be, coming from people who have no idea WTF they are doing. 

Michael Lewis is one of my favorite authors. He wrote "The Fifth Risk" about the Obama/Trump transition. It is the only one of his books I have not finished, because it is so depressing reading about all the preparation done by the Obama team which was just discarded/ignored by the Trump team.

I can see a Biden administration having the advantage of being part of the most recent competent team, especially if he appoints people who were part of the Obama team and remember how things worked.

Yes, they will hit the ground running with a complete plan ready to go. The only issue if the current WH tenants need an eviction notice.

7 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

"Our long national nightmare is over..." 

Hi Robert,

I can still remember when Ford said that & thought it such a powerful statement.

I think Joe Biden should put it into his Inauguration Speech because we need it now just as much as we needed it then, if not more.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

According to GOP insiders their choice for Biden's VP is a black woman, Susan Rice. Evidently Black, a woman, one who can be folded into MAGA conspiracy theories fits right into the trump base. A "deep state" villain who could fire up his MAGA base."

"On Monday night, Tucker Carlson, the Fox News host influential in Trump’s orbit, opened his show with a lengthy diatribe about Rice and her role in the 2012 Benghazi raid — strikingly similar to the attack Republicans lodged against Clinton in the 2016 race against Trump."

Nothing evidently motivates the trump base, nothing can cause the old drums to be dusted off, except.....wait.....Benghazi

15 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Nothing evidently motivates the trump base, nothing can cause the old drums to be dusted off, except.....wait.....Benghazi

They gotta go with what they got. And if that's all they got it ain't worth a nickle anymore after Trump's pandering to to Putin, who has a bounty on Americans.