1 1
Phil1111

President Putin Put a Bounty on US Troops

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Not just not condemning it, he's now actively participating in the Russian propaganda response. Tweeting that he wasn't briefed because the info wasn't credible, and claiming that Russia denied and anyway they haven't faced many attacks so everything's fine. I am truly stunned.

how can you be?  he is a traitor and everyone knows it but nobody seems to care.  i am stunned that nothing is being done about it.  i would love to see pence 25th agent orange.

8 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi jakee,

Nothing new.  They got Trotsky in Mexico City.

Oh I know, but my point is Trotsky was a very important man. A Poliburo founder member and personal rival to Stalin, he fits firmly in the first category. We know they've always done that. Today Russian intelligence is killing people you've never heard of. People who were never part of the political establishment, people who just blog and vlog about regional politics, who aren't even important enough to warrant risking an FSB officer to carry out the hit but are still going to get a bullet or hammer in the head anyway.

3 minutes ago, jakee said:

Oh I know, but my point is Trotsky was a very important man. A Poliburo founder member and personal rival to Stalin, he fits firmly in the first category. We know they've always done that. Today Russian intelligence is killing people you've never heard of. People who were never part of the political establishment, people who just blog and vlog about regional politics, who aren't even important enough to warrant risking an FSB officer to carry out the hit but are still going to get a bullet or hammer in the head anyway.

you mean people like me calling out putin and agent orange on twitter?  not that i will stop, other than putin blocked me...i can still spell it.

16 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

you mean people like me calling out putin and agent orange on twitter?  not that i will stop, other than putin blocked me...i can still spell it.

Putin will definitely track you with a vaccine microchip.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, jakee said:

Putin will definitely track you with a vaccine microchip.

he's smart enough to already know where i am.  i make no attempt to hide it.  unlike the times when i want to hide, then it's impossible to find any trace of me on the internet.  sfzombie13 has it's own domain.  i leave breadcrumbs leading there for those who are curious.

Edited by sfzombie13
wrong word

54 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

he's smart enough to already know where i am.  i make no attempt to hide it. 

That's just reminded me of John Oliver's response to Putin claiming they didn't have a Trump dossier and wouldn't even have known when he was in the country. He said something like "I know that's bullshit because when I went to Moscow the embassy told us all our hotel rooms would be bugged and two huge men in suits tailed me everywhere I went - and I'm a C-list comedian!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jakee said:

It's stunning how widespread Russia's political assassination program is, ...

. In Putin's new Old Russia the FSB will go after anyone, anywhere for any reason and they don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks.

Perhaps we on SC should shut up about Putin. His trump supporters here could drop a dime on us!

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Considering the silence of the right leaning posters on this forum, I can only conclude they are perfectly fine with the President of the United States not even condemning Russia for putting bounties on the heads of American soldiers.

Further solidifying that this right wing flag waiving and troop praising behaviour is really just nonsense to make themselves feel better.

If that is your only possible conclusion, perhaps you should expand your thinking some.  Open your mind to all possibilities.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

If that is your only possible conclusion, perhaps you should expand your thinking some.  Open your mind to all possibilities.

I didn't say it is the only possibly conclusion. I said it is my conclusion. Turns out one of the other possible conclusions, that right wing Americans are just too stupid to really understand anything, may have been discarded too hastily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkyDekker said:

I didn't say it is the only possibly conclusion. I said it is my conclusion. Turns out one of the other possible conclusions, that right wing Americans are just too stupid to really understand anything, may have been discarded too hastily.

You did, though.

Considering the silence of the right leaning posters on this forum, I can only conclude they are perfectly fine with 

22 hours ago, DJL said:

Is this really the consensus on why Russia would do this?  It seems to me that killing US soldiers would cause peace deals and exits to break down more and extend the US presence in the region.  That presence becomes highly unpopular which serves the Russian goal of swaying world opinion against the US.

21 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I don't think Putin is trying to hurt US opinion in the world. Causing trouble, disrupting US cohesiveness,  for the US casualties will end US involvement the fastest.

trump had a deal with the Taliban already but the current Afghanistan government was not a party to the agreement. Silly trump trying to make a peace deal with one party absent.

21 hours ago, jakee said:

I think the highest goals of Vladimir Putin are 'all of the money' and 'all of the power'. 

Given his background I'm sure he does like taking the US down a peg wherever possible, but mostly as a side benefit to the goal of creating more Russian power in more places where his mafia state can make more money.

The goal being 'all the money and all the power' is probably pretty close.

After the Soviet Union collapsed, and the US 'took credit' for winning the Cold War, what became Russia was deeply humiliated. Nobody was really afraid of them anymore.

Putin was head of the KGB, and he wants to return to the 'glory years'. 

18 hours ago, jakee said:

It's stunning how widespread Russia's political assassination program is, and how many tiers of sophistication it works on. There's the big, loud, 'statement' assassinations they use on defectors and important former insiders like the Litvinenko and Salisbury poisonings. Professional operations from top to bottom using such exotic methods (radioactive elements and nerve agents) that are as much (or more) about sending a message than getting rid of the specific person. Then there are the 'normal' professional murders - still all in house with the FSB and military hit squads but with everyday methods like blowing up cars or apartments, and plain old shootings - often used for important political opponents in client states and journalists who are finding too much of Putin's dirty laundry.

But then there's all the casual stuff as well. People they or their pocket dictators kinda want to go away but aren't really important that important in the grand scheme of things. Incredibly, Russia doesn't just let things like that slide - they still go after them just with disposable assassins instead of professional assets. For instance the current mad thug in charge of Chechnya takes internet criticism extremely seriously, so the Russians are doing him a favour. Multiple expat Chechen social media critics have been killed or faced attempts on their life by Russian citizens who have been blackmailed into it by the security services. Faced with credit card debts or minor convictions they've been provided with flights in and out, and fake documentation and sent into various european countries to kill people for what they posted on Instagram, with the promise that prosecutions would be dropped or credit cards paid off when they got back to Moscow.

The extent of it beyond the headline grabbing hits is freakin' insane. In Putin's new Old Russia the FSB will go after anyone, anywhere for any reason and they don't give a fuck about what anyone thinks.

As I noted above, Putin was head of the old KGB. That's not a position for the 'faint of heart'. There was a discussion about Beria (Stalin's KGB head) a few weeks ago. Some people were unaware how truly evil he was. I don't think Putin rises to that level of evil (real psychopaths were not encouraged in the later USSR), but he rises high enough. 

He's been having people murdered in various ways the whole time he's been in power.
Russian journalists who criticize him end up dead in a ditch somewhere, usually with their fingers removed, smashed or otherwise mutilated (it's a message). 
This spring, several doctors who complained about lack of medical equipment 'fell out of windows'.

He was a bit more circuspect about it internationally until recently. Since Trump took office, he knows that his largest threat, the US, is in his pocket and he can do pretty much whatever he wants. 
So he does.

18 hours ago, jakee said:

Not just not condemning it, he's now actively participating in the Russian propaganda response. Tweeting that he wasn't briefed because the info wasn't credible, and claiming that Russia denied and anyway they haven't faced many attacks so everything's fine. I am truly stunned.

18 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

how can you be?  he is a traitor and everyone knows it but nobody seems to care.  i am stunned that nothing is being done about it.  i would love to see pence 25th agent orange.

The Trumpettes won't criticize their 'dear leader'. 
They simply won't listen to what he's done and is doing. It's all "Fake News". 

It was pretty apparent from January or Febuary of 2017 that Trump is, for all intents and purposes, a Russian agent. 

Why do we keep forgetting it?

15 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You did, though.

no, he didn't.  read it again, i know the words are tricky in this case, but i can help.  when he said "i can only conclude", that means that he personally can only conclude.  one of the few words that have only one letter, and i know it's confusing, but it is a word and a letter.  it means himself, only one person, etc.  it does not mean that is the only possible conclusion, nor does it mean there are no alternatives.  it means to him, there is only one conclusion.

"What must we conclude from all this? At best, our commander in chief is utterly derelict in his duties, presiding over a dangerously dysfunctional national security process that is putting our country and those who wear its uniform at great risk. At worst, the White House is being run by liars and wimps catering to a tyrannical president who is actively advancing our arch adversary’s nefarious interests."

Susan Rice, former National Security Advisor, former ambassador to the UN.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

"What must we conclude from all this? At best, our commander in chief is utterly derelict in his duties, presiding over a dangerously dysfunctional national security process that is putting our country and those who wear its uniform at great risk. At worst, the White House is being run by liars and wimps catering to a tyrannical president who is actively advancing our arch adversary’s nefarious interests."

Susan Rice, former National Security Advisor, former ambassador to the UN.

Yet trump wants to forget it all and readmit Russia to the G8. Good thing Canada, Germany and France have some backbone.

17 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump to Retaliate Against Russia by Sending Jared Kushner to Advise Kremlin on Coronavirus Response:

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-to-retaliate-against-russia-by-sending-jared-kushner-to-advise-kremlin-on-coronavirus-response

^b^

He's done so well with the other projects he's been handed. /S