1 1
Phil1111

President Putin Put a Bounty on US Troops

9 minutes ago, airdvr said:

No...if you want to toss around numbers like you have you must be prepared to back them up.  I'll ask again...50,000...75,000...how did you arrive at those numbers?

Billvon’s post above outlines it well. 
Wendy P. 

3 hours ago, kallend said:

For the benefit of those who pontificate without paying attention, here is a timeline of denial and delay:

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus.  So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24  Nancy Pelosi ""That’s what we’re trying to do today is to say everything is fine here," Pelosi said. "Come because precautions have been taken. The city is on top of the situation."

Feb. 24: The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Feb. 29: And I’ve gotten to know these professionals. They’re incredible. And everything is under control. I mean, they’re very, very cool. They’ve done it, and they’ve done it well. Everything is really under control.” — Trump in a speech at the CPAC conference outside Washington, D.C.

March 2: “Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York,” Mr. Cuomo said on March 2. “So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

March 4: “[W]e have a very small number of people in this country [infected]. We have a big country. The biggest impact we had was when we took the 40-plus people [from a cruise ship]. … We brought them back. We immediately quarantined them. But you add that to the numbers. But if you don’t add that to the numbers, we’re talking about very small numbers in the United States.” — Trump at a White House meeting with airline CEOs.

March 4: Well, I think the 3.4% is really a false number.” — Trump in an interview on Fox News, referring to the percentage of diagnosed COVID-19 patients worldwide who had died, as reported by the World Health Organization. (See our item “Trump and the Coronavirus Death Rate.”)

March 7: No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.” — Trump, when asked by reporters if he was concerned about the arrival of the coronavirus in the Washington, D.C., area. 

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.

March 10: And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.

Now (June27) over 40,000 new cases today.

FIFY

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

No...if you want to toss around numbers like you have you must be prepared to back them up.  I'll ask again...50,000...75,000...how did you arrive at those numbers?

Uh - did you miss the post?

Two epidemiologists calculated how many lives we could have saved if we had those federal recommendations a week earlier.  It was about 60% of the first wave.  As of today, that means 77,000 people would have been saved by the earlier actions.  

If you want to say that the first wave ended* in the beginning of May, then the number of people who could have been saved had Trump acted on recommendations rather than glad-handing and golfing was around 50,000.

(* - of course it never really ended, but that's when active cases started leveling out a bit.)

8 hours ago, airdvr said:

Why do you need to ask again? At the time you posted this nearly 15% of replies to the thread were devoted to telling you where those numbers come from.

Look, when you haven't been paying any attention to Coronavirus in general it's odd that you'd come into this thread with such strong views. When you can't even be bothered to pay attention to what's being said about Coronavirus in the conversation you joined, I don't even know what you're trying to achieve.

ok, so what the hell happened to the topic?  did i just see a typical gop tactic of change the subject?  who could possibly accept the accusation that neither trump nor pence knew about it, when we know he gets a regular intelligence briefing?  it's the closest he ever gets to intelligence, and it has been said he doesn't even pay attention.  maybe that's why they don't know about it.  between that, the ukraine fiasco, and selling out the kurds we have a pretty good list of treasonous activities committed since the impeachment.  what do we have to wait for to remove this traitorous piece of shit?

22 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

ok, so what the hell happened to the topic?  did i just see a typical gop tactic of change the subject?  who could possibly accept the accusation that neither trump nor pence knew about it, when we know he gets a regular intelligence briefing?  it's the closest he ever gets to intelligence, and it has been said he doesn't even pay attention.  maybe that's why they don't know about it.  between that, the ukraine fiasco, and selling out the kurds we have a pretty good list of treasonous activities committed since the impeachment.  what do we have to wait for to remove this traitorous piece of shit?

It's all good. RT says "nothing to see here, move on western false media".

https://www.rt.com/news/493152-odni-trump-taliban-bounties/

now, i can buy a lot of things, but i cannot accept that they just forgot to tell the president this.  i have heard that they stopped telling him some things, so maybe this is one of them, but it seems to me like this is a pretty important one that they would probably tell him.  my first thought when i heard the story was that it sounds a lot like when we were doing the same thing to the soviets in afghanistan with bin laden.  well almost the same thing.  it seems that trump firing everyone who will disagree with him may be paying off now.  that's probably the reason they didn't brief him.

43 minutes ago, sfzombie13 said:

now, i can buy a lot of things, but i cannot accept that they just forgot to tell the president this. ...

"The Times reported that President Trump and the White House's National Security Council were briefed on Russia's bounty rewards in late March. They discussed an appropriate response, ranging from making a diplomatic complaint to Moscow and economic sanctions, but the White House had not yet authorized a response"...

trump bag boy stated "Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said it's "imperative" to get answers and urged the Trump administration to tell Congress what it knows about Russia's efforts to pay bounties to kill American soldiers.

"I expect the Trump Administration to take such allegations seriously and inform Congress immediately as to the reliability of these news reports," Graham, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, tweeted."

Above from FOX news so you know its true.

• Like 2

The UK and Canada have opposed Russia's return to the G7, deepening a rift over US President Donald Trump's wish for the country to rejoin.

Mr Trump said on Saturday he would postpone the G7 summit scheduled to take place this month until September.

The president said the G7's "outdated group of countries" should be expanded to include others, including Russia."

trump's decision to cancel the G-7meeting which would have been the only one since the start of the covid crisis. Then specifically invited Putin to a new G-8 conference. Was made after he was briefed and after he discussed the bounty on US troops with US intelligence.

11 hours ago, billvon said:

Uh - did you miss the post?

Two epidemiologists calculated how many lives we could have saved if we had those federal recommendations a week earlier.  It was about 60% of the first wave.  As of today, that means 77,000 people would have been saved by the earlier actions.  

If you want to say that the first wave ended* in the beginning of May, then the number of people who could have been saved had Trump acted on recommendations rather than glad-handing and golfing was around 50,000.

(* - of course it never really ended, but that's when active cases started leveling out a bit.)

How many of those deaths will you attribute to Pelosi, Cumo, and DiBlasie?

(edited)
19 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

True, but don't forget the 'open up' morons. The protests were orchestrated by Trump minons and controllers (MI protests were organized by a group run by DeVos, WI were organized by a group funded by the Kock bros).

The Rs in Wisconsin sued to get the shut down order lifted. The 'conservative' court did just that. 

GA, FL & TX opened up.

The Trumpettes refuse to wear masks, saying they are a 'sign of fear' (Like a virus cares if you are scared of it or not). 

The rest of the world is finding some relief, while the immature, selfish, impatient idiots insist on going back to 'normal' life. 

So Florida saw another 9k in positive results yesterday (Friday's results released today).

That's nearly 50k positive tests in the last 10 days. 

Just in Florida. 

We're fucked.

. . . but are they new cases, or, like in the case of Tallahassee, they are adding in the positive antibody tests to the new totals?

I also wonder what your definition of Fucked is. 

0.0035 is not a very big number in the grand scheme of things.  Its not very desirable. It really sucks that there will be additional deaths before their time.

You make it sound like we are headed for the apocolypse.

Apocalypse Landscape. 3D Rendering Concept Stock Photo, Picture ...

Edited by turtlespeed

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

How many of those deaths will you attribute to Pelosi, Cumo, and DiBlasie?

If you like you can divide the dead by the population of the states they represent and add half of them to the total.  I'll let you do the math.  (Although if you are going to do that, you also have to add in every single Republican senator/representative/administration official who has actively opposed PPE and distancing.)

2 hours ago, billvon said:

If you like you can divide the dead by the population of the states they represent and add half of them to the total.  I'll let you do the math.  (Although if you are going to do that, you also have to add in every single Republican senator/representative/administration official who has actively opposed PPE and distancing.)

So you admit there are others culpable as well.  Got it.

48 minutes ago, airdvr said:

So you admit there are others culpable as well.  Got it.

There really is no excuse for Trump's denial, delay and general incompetence in handling the pandemic to the point that tens of thousands of additional American fatalities can be laid at his door.

It's amusing in a pathetic kind of way to see you attempting to defend the indefensible by suggesting that the buck stops elsewhere than on Trump's desk.

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

How many of those deaths will you attribute to Pelosi, Cuomo, and de Blasio?

Did they pretend it wasn't happening? Or did they do the best they could?

Cuomo & de Blasio both made mistakes in the beginning. They admitted it and moved forward.

Trump has yet to admit a mistake. Ever. 

Pelosi (in congress) has no authority over the CDC. No 'executive order' powers. Admittedly, she didn't do much, but what could she have done? 

Tump, OTOH, failed to adequately staff the CDC. He disbanded the "pandemic response team". He muzzled anyone and everyone in the government (not just the CDC), so that good advice was not dispensed. Just "The stock market is doing GREAT!!!, This will all go away!!."

And to get back on topic, apparently Trump was given an intelligence summary of this. 

But he didn't read it.

Maybe because he can't be bothered to read important briefing papers.

Maybe because Putin told him not to. 

23 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Did they pretend it wasn't happening? Or did they do the best they could?

Trump has yet to admit a mistake. Ever. 

Trump's weaseling is all the more remarkable when you consider that he has an army of weasels to do it for him.  Some of them even post here.

30 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

...Trump has yet to admit a mistake. Ever. ...

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

Trump's weaseling is all the more remarkable when you consider that he has an army of weasels to do it for him.  Some of them even post here.

trump has taken three and a half years to get rid of those who speak truth to power.

trump has sold out Lt. Col. Vindman and others who would tell the truth to America.

trump, his enablers, his apologists and his followers only know lies. In a few short years America went from the sacrifices of the greatest generation. The sacrifices of those who came to America to serve for a greater good. To a party of those who accept lies as truth as long as the cause is protected.

But now there is a new  dilemma.and the pertinent facts are should lies or acceptance of more dead trump supporters. Be the policy of a government and its allies? trump fought for unlimited church re openings. Meetings where social distancing in massive crowds is only matched by failed trump rallies.

At those evangelical meetings covid has come calling. "An outbreak at a Pentecostal church in Oregon, where hundreds of worshipers resumed gathering over Memorial Day weekend, forced an entire county to return to phase one of its reopening after local officials traced 258 cases of Covid-19 back to the facility. In West Virginia, six health departments across the state have reported coronavirus outbreaks linked to churches. One of them, a Baptist church in Greenbrier County, had 34 congregants test positive for the virus. And in Texas, which hit an all-time high of new cases last week, health officials have received numerous reports of church-related exposures. ...So far, administration officials have declined to single out church-related outbreaks as problematic. "

Praising god,praising  trump, sharing covid all mixing with lies has come to America.

Should tears or concern be shown?

In early 2020, members of the elite Naval Special Warfare Development Group, known to the public as SEAL Team Six, raided a Taliban outpost and recovered roughly $500,000. The recovered funds further solidified the suspicions of the American intelligence community that the Russians had offered money to Taliban militants and other linked associations.

Source: https://apnews.com/a59124b8eb95f6245286ddefe3dd0ffd