Mike 90

Sanity Check On First Rig

Question

I'm putting together my first rig because I'm taller (6 foot 3) and can't find a whole lot in the way of a complete rig. After speaking with a few instructors I thought settling on a 190 main would be a good start, so I've got a used sabre 2 coming in with about 100 jumps on it. Wings is willing to offer a veteran discount, so I'm going to have a custom container made that'll fit me. I'm thinking I'll stick a used 190 reserve in there as well, but can't find any used, so may have to buy new. I'm looking at the firebird rush reserve. Same with the AAD, so I'll likely buy new. Can I ask Wings to format the container to be able to fit the next down size to a 170 within that same container? I'm hoping to be able to stay in the container for longer than just the one canopy size since it will fit me right. 

Does this approach make sense? Do you see where I'm doing something wrong or where I could be doing something better? Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

2 answers to this question

A wings W-14 is the size container I’m jumping at the moment. It is made for a 190 main but my 170 sabre2  fits in there fine. my reserve is a PR-176 but you might be able to get an optima 193 in there

1 hour ago, husslr187 said:

A wings W-14 is the size container I’m jumping at the moment. It is made for a 190 main but my 170 sabre2  fits in there fine. my reserve is a PR-176 but you might be able to get an optima 193 in there

I have assembled this combination a few times. It’s pretty much what you are looking for. Sunrise has been having people saying negative things about the Wings container, but as far as I am concerned it is a good product at a fair price.