1 1
kallend

Biden's VP

14 minutes ago, kallend said:
46 minutes ago, Coreece said:

There is something seriously and fundamentally flawed with your generation.

You mean, like being able to read a thread title and not lie about it?

So then explain to me how I was defending DeJoy, what Phil's post has to do with Biden's VP,  and why you're not trolling him if it's soooo important to you?

Phil: "You seem to be insistent in defense of DeJoy. Yet can offer nothing of substance that any action he has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand."

Here, I'll refresh your memory since you apparently are having trouble comprehending what we were talking about:

20 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

DeJoy's testimony wasn't credible. Tweet's like this one are now happening. Could be all bullshit. I'm not making a claim. But I am wondering where this might go. BTW, that's exactly how science works.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 10.02.11 PM.png

My position was based on the fact that removing mailboxes is nothing new.  They went from 365,000 in 2000 to 153,000 in 2015 and then down to 142,000 in 2020.  It doesn't matter if this guy says he saw one box removed in his 21 years as a mail carrier.

Also, it makes sense to relocate mailboxes where needed and to remove mailboxes that have been destroyed by vandals and rioters - possibly replacing them with more secure boxes.  Not sure what the plans are for the post offices that they burnt down.

20 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Could be all bullshit.

Mostly bullshit:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/usps-locking-mailboxes/

12 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

From story:

"DeJoy issued new guidelines for Postal Service mail carriers and clerks — directives that he framed as solutions to the agency’s long-standing financial issues. Workers were instructed to leave some letters or packages at distribution centers longer than usual and informed them that management would no longer pay carriers overtime to complete all mail deliveries.

Meanwhile, Postal Service employees and customers reported delays in deliveries"

Actions which would guarantee delays.

Not paying overtime is a standard cutback.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Back to Biden's VP . . .

I looked on CNN and MSNBC - I found no mention of the controversy that Harris is a descendant of salve owners.

I wonder why they wouldn't publish that.

Probably because many black people in the US have an ancestor who was a slave and became pregnant when they were raped by their owner.  And most decent human beings would not condemn a woman because her great-great-great-to-the-N grandmother was raped.

I mean, are you going to condemn Alex Hailey because he wrote a book against slavery, and one of his ancestors was a slaveowner too?

(edited)
6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

I looked on CNN and MSNBC - I found no mention of the controversy that Harris is a descendant of salve owners.

Why is that a controversy? Is it her fault?

BTW, due to the prevalance of rape in antebellum times the vast majority of african americans are descendents of slave owners. Do you find all black people to be controversial?

I wonder why they wouldn't publish that.

Because calling it a controversy is racist as fuck?

Edited by jakee

On 8/23/2020 at 12:07 AM, billvon said:

Probably because many black people in the US have an ancestor who was a slave and became pregnant when they were raped by their owner.  And most decent human beings would not condemn a woman because her great-great-great-to-the-N grandmother was raped.

I mean, are you going to condemn Alex Hailey because he wrote a book against slavery, and one of his ancestors was a slaveowner too?

Why do you assume I am condemning anyone?

What made you take that leap?

On 8/23/2020 at 3:04 AM, jakee said:

Why is that a controversy? Is it her fault?

BTW, due to the prevalance of rape in antebellum times the vast majority of african americans are descendents of slave owners. Do you find all black people to be controversial?

Because calling it a controversy is racist as fuck?

Why is it controversial?  Because some see it as hypocritical.

Do I find all black people to be controversial?  No.

Calling it controversial is not racist.  Not even as Fuck.

41 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Why is it controversial?  Because some see it as hypocritical.

Some do. But most of them are reaching for anything that confirms their biases (note I didn't say prejudice or racism). But calling someone out for having slave-owning ancestors when one was the product of rape by one of them is a little disingenuous. Kind of like saying that someone making a mistake and then changing their tune is exactlly the same as someone who keeps doubling down on a similar mistake, or who took months to back away from it.

Also, my shooting from the mouth probably doesn't impact as many people as the President (or even Nancy Pelosi, but I'd submit the President has far more influence). Therefore I'd say its incumbent on them to work a little harder to get it right.

Wendy P.

35 minutes ago, Coreece said:
46 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I'd submit the President has far more influence

I have to work on my speed reading skills - I originally saw that as flatulence.

34 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

works for me...

The mind has it's way of filling in the gaps so that it all makes sense.

6 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:
2 hours ago, Coreece said:

I have to work on my speed reading skills - I originally saw that as flatulence.

At his age I wouldn't doubt it a bit.

It could very well be the Uncle Ben's beans and Rice. . .

And remember, Uncle Ben's "invites whites to indulge in the fantasy of enslaved black people,"  get your box today!