1 1
kallend

Biden's VP

30 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Do you really believe that's an issue?

https://mailboxlocate.com/states/OR/cities/PORTLAND

I mean we don't even have any mailboxes up here except for the 2 at the post office and I've never had trouble mailing a letter.  And if it's too much for people to find one, they can just give it to the mail carrier or leave it in their own personal mailbox for pickup.

There is no reason for these types of arguments, just like when Harris compared Covid to Ebola - I mean who is she trying to fool, people on the right that would never vote for her anyway?  People on the left whose vote is already bagged even if she never opened her mouth?  Because swing voters aren't going to buy that BS - they're looking for something different, and there she was, trying to talk her way out in her very first speech as a vice presidential candidate - typical democrat form.

The issue is much larger. The issue is how a blatant attempt to deny access to the democratic process in an election year can lead to other regetable consequences. As far as running after your letter carrier goes, that's laughable. As far as leaving important mail, you know like a ballot, in your mailbox  please know that mail theft is a way bigger problem than voter fraud. But the biggest issue is the mindset that if it hasn't happened to you then it's obviously not likely to happen.

12 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The issue is much larger. The issue is how a blatant attempt to deny access to the democratic process in an election year

Ok, so let's say Trump had a brainstorming session with himself and said let's see, "maybe if we take all the mailboxes they can't vote" - and you believe him, lol.

14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

As far as leaving important mail, you know like a ballot, in your mailbox  please know that mail theft is a way bigger problem than voter fraud.

Right, and when it was explained that some were vandalized while others were being replaced with more secure mailboxes you guys still scream, "they're trying to take our guns...err...mailboxes!"

2 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Ok, so let's say Trump had a brainstorming session with himself and said let's see, "maybe if we take all the mailboxes they can't vote" - and you believe him, lol.

Or maybe if we install a Postmaster General who would be best served by the USPS failing, the resulting reduced service levels I can use to convince people that mail in voting isn't feasible.

Remember Jade Helm a few years ago, and the birthed “conspiracy?” Where basically anything uttered by the administration was seen only in its most negative possible light?

Do you really think that doesn’t happen in the other direction? Only this time the Chief Executive has a pretty solid track record of self-serving lies, and preferring to hire ideologues who are yes-men. 
We’ll just have to see. But some people consider the suppression of valid votes to be at least as bad as the casting of illegitimate ones. Especially when the scales are so very different. 
Wendy P. 

7 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:
11 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Or maybe if we install a Postmaster General who would be best served by the USPS failing, the resulting reduced service levels I can use to convince people that mail in voting isn't feasible.

Then just hammer that issue rather than diluting it with all the other bullshit that just turns people off.

5 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:
13 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Shockingly sometimes issues have more than one facet.

Not when you must pick and choose facts to support your narrative lest your entire belief system fall apart.

See, you don't have an argument so you just counter with some obscure bullshit about some imaginary narrative.

3 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:
15 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Then just hammer that issue rather than diluting it with all the other bullshit that just turns people off.

Shockingly sometimes issues have more than one facet.

As I said, this type of mailbox maintenance is routine.  I can think of a number of boxes back in Detroit that have been removed over the last 20 years for a number of reasons.  The onus is on the one making the claim, and so far they haven't satisfied their burden.

It has also been the longstanding position of the USPS to centralize pickup along with eliminating Saturday delivery which they said would allow them to at least break even.   I would agree that right now wouldn't be the best to implement such an infrastructure, and as far as I can tell they have agreed to put the mailbox thing on hold.

3 minutes ago, Coreece said:

As I said, this type of mailbox maintenance is routine.  I can think of a number of boxes back in Detroit that have been removed over the last 20 years for a number of reasons.  The onus is on the one making the claim, and so far they haven't satisfied their burden.

It has also been the longstanding position of the USPS to centralize pickup along with eliminating Saturday delivery which they said would allow them to at least break even.   I would agree that right now wouldn't be the best to implement such an infrastructure, and as far as I can tell they have agreed to put the mailbox thing on hold.

Those are good things. I don't think it is unusual for the USPS to be under a lot of scrutiny right now. Considering the Postmaster General. Add to that the President admitting he is withholding funding to fuck over the USPS' ability during the elections. Hard not to start seeing other issues in a nefarious light.

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

See, you don't have an argument so you just counter with some obscure bullshit about some imaginary narrative.

You're right. I'm delusional. It's all just another crappy coincidence that liberals spun into another negative story about Trump. For sure his latest beneficial suggestion that ballot drop boxes must be eliminated so the election is fair will be spun by the MSM into something nasty. NOT FAIR!!!

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:
4 hours ago, Coreece said:

You're right. I'm delusional. It's all just another crappy coincidence that liberals spun into another negative story about Trump.

I'm simply asking those making the claim to show how this is beyond routine maintenance and removal/replacement of boxes destroyed by vandals and rioters.

You guys are always going on about critical thinking, logic, reason and facts - but when all that's too inconvenient, you just default too your feels.

Hey look, now he's burning down the post offices!

What remains of the Minnehaha Station post office, burned during violence on the night of May 29.

Edited by Coreece

8 hours ago, Coreece said:

Do you really believe that's an issue?

https://mailboxlocate.com/states/OR/cities/PORTLAND

I mean we don't even have any mailboxes up here except for the 2 at the post office and I've never had trouble mailing a letter.  And if it's too much for people to find one, they can just give it to the mail carrier or leave it in their own personal mailbox for pickup.

There is no reason for these types of arguments, just like when Harris compared Covid to Ebola - I mean who is she trying to fool, people on the right that would never vote for her anyway?  People on the left whose vote is already bagged even if she never opened her mouth?  Because swing voters aren't going to buy that BS - they're looking for something different, and there she was, trying to talk her way out in her very first speech as a vice presidential candidate - typical democrat form.

Well, that's how it feels to him.

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

You are right.

I saw the trap - there was no act - they were consent decrees.

You said it was Obama's reform act, therefore it is your strawman and your trap. Seriously, can you just for once try posting like an honest person instead of spending all your time setting up these stupid and inane 'gotchas'? Seriously, even for you this one is a new fucking low.

But ok, whatever, which of Obama's consent decrees lead to post offices being burned down?

(edited)
16 hours ago, jakee said:

You said it was Obama's reform act, therefore it is your strawman and your trap. Seriously, can you just for once try posting like an honest person instead of spending all your time setting up these stupid and inane 'gotchas'? Seriously, even for you this one is a new fucking low.

But ok, whatever, which of Obama's consent decrees lead to post offices being burned down?

All of them - its where we are now.

The current administration is righting some of those wrongs.  It is also undoing some good, but what can you do?  Just take the good with the bad.

Edited by turtlespeed