1 1
kallend

Biden's VP

28 minutes ago, Coreece said:

It would be moronic if I did since that's what I've been asking you guys to show me.  I didn't make the claim.

DeJoy's testimony wasn't credible. Tweet's like this one are now happening. Could be all bullshit. I'm not making a claim. But I am wondering where this might go. BTW, that's exactly how science works.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 10.02.11 PM.png

2 hours ago, Coreece said:

It would be moronic if I did since that's what I've been asking you guys to show me.  I didn't make the claim.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

DeJoy's testimony wasn't credible. Tweet's like this one are now happening. Could be all bullshit. I'm not making a claim. But I am wondering where this might go. BTW, that's exactly how science works.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 10.02.11 PM.png

My position was based on the fact that removing mailboxes is nothing new.  They went from 365,000 in 2000 to 153,000 in 2015 and then down to 142,000 in 2020.  It doesn't matter if this guy says he saw one box removed in his 21 years as a mail carrier.

Also, it makes sense to relocate mailboxes where needed and to remove mailboxes that have been destroyed by vandals and rioters - possibly replacing them with more secure boxes.  Not sure what the plans are for the post offices that they burnt down.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Could be all bullshit.

Mostly bullshit:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/usps-locking-mailboxes/

6 hours ago, Coreece said:

My position was based on the fact that removing mailboxes is nothing new.  They went from 365,000 in 2000 to 153,000 in 2015 and then down to 142,000 in 2020.  It doesn't matter if this guy says he saw one box removed in his 21 years as a mail carrier.

Also, it makes sense to relocate mailboxes where needed and to remove mailboxes that have been destroyed by vandals and rioters - possibly replacing them with more secure boxes.  Not sure what the plans are for the post offices that they burnt down.

Mostly bullshit:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/usps-locking-mailboxes/

From story:

"DeJoy issued new guidelines for Postal Service mail carriers and clerks — directives that he framed as solutions to the agency’s long-standing financial issues. Workers were instructed to leave some letters or packages at distribution centers longer than usual and informed them that management would no longer pay carriers overtime to complete all mail deliveries.

Meanwhile, Postal Service employees and customers reported delays in deliveries"

Actions which would guarantee delays.

18 hours ago, jakee said:

Do you have any specific examples to add here except "Obama bad! Trump good!"?

Asking for specific examples? You know who you're talking to here right?

He's very evasive in saying what specific good things Trump has achieved. Keeps defending him, though.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

From story:

"DeJoy issued new guidelines for Postal Service mail carriers and clerks — directives that he framed as solutions to the agency’s long-standing financial issues. Workers were instructed to leave some letters or packages at distribution centers longer than usual and informed them that management would no longer pay carriers overtime to complete all mail deliveries.

The funniest malcontent has to be Lewis Black - WiseGuys Presale ...

Anything in those guidelines about what we're actually talking about Phil?

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Coreece said:

The funniest malcontent has to be Lewis Black - WiseGuys Presale ...

Anything in those guidelines about what we're actually talking about Phil?

No overtime, no work,no work and the mail is delayed. Its not a difficult concept to understand. If the genius wants to overhaul the USPS and make it more efficient thats one thing. You bring in more automation and streamline the process.

Cutting back on overtime does none of that. It delays service, its discourages customers from using the service. Removing mail sorting machines that are underutilized due to volume shrinkage from Covid. Do nothing to reduce costs, nothing to speed service or streamline operations. It costs money.

No master plan by Louis DeJoy has been announced by either himself or the union because none exists. "In June, union officials were told that 671 mail sorting machines would be taken out of service due to a “reduction to letter and flat mail volume,” the New York Times reported.

Dejoy has a business history involving shipping containers and inter-modal freight transport. No experience with retail parcel movements.

It seems as if the topic at hand is delivering ballots and mail. Furthermore the lies he told at House hearings that election ballots would be delivered on time. Are in direct contrast to the affirmation by himself that his actions would SLOW mail deliveries.

So is he going to undo those actions? Or what are the proactive actions that he is going to undertake to fulfill those promises made under oath?

You seem to be insistent in defense of DeJoy. Yet can offer nothing of substance that any action he has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand.

Now the words right from trump's mouth:

"They want $3.5 billion for something that will turn out to be fraudulent, that's election money basically. They want $3.5 trillion — billion dollars for the mail-in votes, OK, universal mail-in ballots, $3.5 trillion. They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to have the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots. . . . Now, if we don't make a deal, that means they don't get the money. That means they can't have universal mail-in voting, they just can't have it. So, you know, sort of a crazy thing. Very interesting."

"According to a WSJ/NBC News poll published this week, some 47 percent of voters who back Mr Biden plan to vote by mail, compared to 11 percent of Trump voters."

Edited by Phil1111

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You seem to be insistent in defense of DeJoy.

wtf are you talking about?  How, where, when?

9 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Yet can offer nothing of substance that any action he has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand.

No, the topic is about the removal/locking of mail boxes.

And you don't even have to take my word on it anymore given that snopes has since come out saying that the claim about it deliberately undermining the election is mostly bullshit.

Soon everything will all be bullshit and nobody will care about the truth.  Snopes will just give up and have a big fat "Total Bullshit" sign without any explanation whatsoever - I mean why waste the time when everyone is just going to believe what they want anyway and then just pick a side with the most flavorful bullshit that appeals to their own bias.

8 minutes ago, Coreece said:

wtf are you talking about?  How, where, when?

And you don't even have to take my word on it anymore given that snopes has since come out saying that the claim about it deliberately undermining the election is mostly bullshit.

Soon everything will all be bullshit and nobody will care about the truth.  Snopes will just give up and have a big fat "Total Bullshit" sign without any explanation whatsoever - I mean why waste the time when everyone is just going to believe what they want anyway and then just pick a side with the most flavorful bullshit that appeals to their own bias.

Taking lessons from Turtle lately? The question Snopes address "Is USPS Locking Mailboxes To Undermine 2020 Election?"

Which is a minuscule part of the trump effort to subvert mail in ballot deliveries and hence votes. You seem to think the entire effort of trump, DeJoy and their focus to achieve their aims is "mailbox removal" or "locking mailboxes". Reminds one of "the emails", "the e-mails".

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Taking lessons from Turtle lately? The question Snopes address "Is USPS Locking Mailboxes To Undermine 2020 Election?"

Right, it also addresses the removal as well which as been the topic here and in the other thread. 

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Which is a minuscule part of the trump effort

Which is why it's so dumb that people risk their credibility over it and dilute/undermine legitimate issues when it's already been shown that the replacement/removal/locking of mailboxes is nothing new, especially given the amount of vandalism and rioting lately - and you still haven't provided anything of substance to demonstrate that it's part of that effort, and not business as usual.

47 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Right, it also addresses the removal as well which as been the topic here and in the other thread. 

Which is why it's so dumb that people risk their credibility over it and dilute/undermine legitimate issues when it's already been shown that the replacement/removal/locking of mailboxes is nothing new, especially given the amount of vandalism and rioting lately - and you still haven't provided anything of substance to demonstrate that it's part of that effort, and not business as usual.

I concede your point on the mailboxes. I accept the Snopes analysis that it's mostly bullshit. I confess that against the backdrop of all of the provable impediments to mail in voting Trump has implemented it seemed reasonable to me that if he could engineer fewer mailboxes to drop off ballots that he would in a heartbeat.

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

NO, the topic is "Biden's VP".  It's clearly stated in the thread title.

Tell that to Joe who was the one that introduced it into this thread and then brought it up again almost a week later.

3 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

No overtime, no work,no work and the mail is delayed. Its not a difficult concept to understand. If the genius wants to overhaul the USPS and make it more efficient thats one thing. You bring in more automation and streamline the process.

Hi Phil,

I am all for streamlining the USPS as I want it to be a success.  However, as with most things in life, it is all about the timing.

1.  We are in the midst of the worst pandemic in 100 yrs

2.  This is one of the most important elections in my lifetime

3.  You only do these things after you have the new & functioning system in place.

IMO it is ludicrous to think that it is not a plan by DeJoy, via Trump, to control the balloting.

Jerry Baumchen

13 minutes ago, kallend said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

Tell that to Joe who was the one that introduced it into this thread and then brought it up again almost a week later.

Thread drift happens, but lying about what the thread topic IS, is not the same thing.

Then tell that to Phil:

Phil: "Yet can offer nothing of substance that any action he has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand."

Why do you have such a problem with me telling him what the topic of thread drift and the Snopes article was actually about?

1 minute ago, Coreece said:

Then tell that to Phil:

Phil: "Yet can offer nothing of substance that any action he has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand."

Why do you have such a problem with me telling him what the topic of thread drift and the Snopes article was actually about?

YOU are the one whining about it and then lying about it.

2 minutes ago, kallend said:
4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Then tell that to Phil:

YOU are the one whining about it and then lying about it.

How am I lying about it?  I just showed you want happened.  If anyone is lying it's you. Actually there is no if about it.  YOU are lying.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Coreece said:

How am I lying about it?  I just showed you want happened.  If anyone is lying it's you. Actually there is no if about it.  YOU are lying.

"No, the topic is about the removal/locking of mail boxes."  

The topic is Biden's VP.  Read the thread title.

YOU whined because he drifted the thread away from where you wanted it to be.
Then you lied about it.

Edited by kallend

(edited)
59 minutes ago, kallend said:
1 hour ago, Coreece said:

"No, the topic is about the removal/locking of mail boxes."  
T

The topic is Biden's VP.  Read the thread title.

YOU whined because he drifted the thread away from where you wanted it to be.
Then you lied about it.

Nah

Joe brought up the thread drift about mailboxes and then brought it up again almost a week later.

In reply, I provided the basis of my position and also linked to a snopes article about mailboxes.

Phil said that I cannot provide anything of substance about how "any action he (Trump) has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand."

But that wasn't the topic of the snopes article and had nothing to do with the topic of thread drift that Joe and I were talking about.

Phil was just trying to change the subject and now you're lying about it - along with your typical ad hom because neither of you have an argument.

Edited by Coreece

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I concede your point on the mailboxes. I accept the Snopes analysis that it's mostly bullshit. I confess that against the backdrop of all of the provable impediments to mail in voting Trump has implemented it seemed reasonable to me that if he could engineer fewer mailboxes to drop off ballots that he would in a heartbeat.

Good enough for me.  I knew I could count on you.

Nah

Joe brought up the thread drift about mailboxes and then brought it up again almost a week later.

In reply, I provided the basis of my position and also linked to a snopes article about mailboxes.

Phil said that I cannot provide anything of substance about how "any action he (Trump) has taken will improve service, speed or deliver ballots on time. Which is the topic at hand."

But that wasn't the topic of the snopes article and had nothing to do with the topic of thread drift that Joe and I were talking about.

Phil was just trying to change the subject and now you're lying about it - along with your typical ad hom because neither of you have an argument.

The weasel is strong in this one.

33 minutes ago, kallend said:
3 hours ago, Coreece said:

Nah

The weasel is strong in this one.

There is something seriously and fundamentally flawed with your generation.