1 1
kallend

Biden's VP

7 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

All of them - its where we are now.

The current administration is righting some of those wrongs.  It is also undoing some good, but what can you do?  Just take the good with the bad.

All of them. Brilliant. That's seriously what you've got to say? Even though there was no consent decree with Minneapolis where those two post offices are?

What else did I ever expect from a dyed in the wool right wing shill like you.

I think he means out of how many people in the US died of all causes.

Turtle, you're reaching. Reaching for the positive in all things is optimism; if for the negative in all things is pessimism, and for the positive in things you agree with, and the negative in things you don't is partisanship.

Wendy P.

43 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I think he means out of how many people in the US died of all causes.

Turtle, you're reaching. Reaching for the positive in all things is optimism; if for the negative in all things is pessimism, and for the positive in things you agree with, and the negative in things you don't is partisanship.

Wendy P.

Its also perspective.

15 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

Its also perspective.

Well only about 3% of the world population died in WW2, so 97% survived. Does that make Hitler less bad?

If you choose the perspective where Trump doesn't look incredibly incompetent, you must be squinting so hard that your eyes are practically closed.

4 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Well only about 3% of the world population died in WW2, so 97% survived. Does that make Hitler less bad?

If you choose the perspective where Trump doesn't look incredibly incompetent, you must be squinting so hard that your eyes are practically closed.

Excellent analogy and yet trump's support is still 38%. The $3.75 trillion (this year) in debt, QE and stimulus has many convinced he is good at managing the economy.

No, he’s by no means extreme right wing. Fortunately.
mWhen pushed, lots of people get more and more defensive, and go to their comfort zones, intellectual, social, or whatever. Doesn’t mean don’t push ever, but sometimes constant pushing doesn’t soften as much as it hardens resistance. That makes it possibly more personally satisfying for the one doing the talking, but less effective in getting a point across. 

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

No, he’s by no means extreme right wing.

Right wing extreme? It's a continuum I guess. Words like extreme get tossed around so much that they mean little other then "I strongly disagree with you and you are therefore an extremist".  The dude you are likely talking about usually seems to want to hide his true beliefs, or at least evade answering questions about them. His game is mostly to ridicule the beliefs of others by attacking from the flank and then retreating. He pretty much never engages in honest debate. He does not want to be pinned down. It would not suit his style of coming in to aggravate people.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Out of how many dead total?

(in the same time frame)

Findings  In this cohort study, the number of deaths due to any cause increased by approximately 122 000 from March 1 to May 30, 2020, which is 28% higher than the reported number of COVID-19 deaths.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

No, he’s by no means extreme right wing. Fortunately.

Who can tell what he is, he makes so many contradictory claims. But the perspective he's offering now - lying about what Obama did so he can baselessly claim Trump is fixing it - is pretty far right.

19 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

All of them - its where we are now.

The current administration is righting some of those wrongs.  It is also undoing some good, but what can you do?  Just take the good with the bad.

So to be clear here - Obama's (nebulous and secret) actions that caused post offices to close and get burned down are bad, and Trump's actions to cripple the post office are good?

(edited)
18 hours ago, billvon said:

So to be clear here - Obama's (nebulous and secret) actions that caused post offices to close and get burned down are bad, and Trump's actions to cripple the post office are good?

No - that's ridiculous.  

Do you think that in a few years when Trump isn't in office you will ban yourself from applying blame to him during another administration's term?

Will any of his policies, reforms, or actions lead to anything you will blame him on in the future?

Will you even be able to stop yourself?

As I said - Trump is undoing both bad and good things done to Obama's efforts in Police reform.

ETA - Why do you keep assigning false narratives to me?

I thought you better.

Edited by turtlespeed

4 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

No - that's ridiculous.  

Like saying that consent decrees with other unrelated police departments lead to the riots which started in Minneapolis, over the behaviour of the Minneapolis PD?

As I said - Trump is undoing both bad and good things done to Obama's efforts in Police reform.

Like what? Do you have any specific examples to add here except "Obama bad! Trump good!"?

ETA - Why do you keep assigning false narratives to me?

Why are you assigning false narratives to yourself?

On 8/17/2020 at 12:03 PM, Coreece said:

Ok, so let's say Trump had a brainstorming session with himself and said let's see, "maybe if we take all the mailboxes they can't vote" - and you believe him, lol.

Right, and when it was explained that some were vandalized while others were being replaced with more secure mailboxes you guys still scream, "they're trying to take our guns...err...mailboxes!"

So, and conceding I'm both wrong and a moron, if there is credible testimony that it wasn't just routine maintenance but was actually an overt and planned attempt to subvert the democratic process will you also concede you are a moron?

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

So, and conceding I'm both wrong and a moron, if there is credible testimony that it wasn't just routine maintenance but was actually an overt and planned attempt to subvert the democratic process will you also concede you are a moron?

You don't have to be a moron to be wrong.

26 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

if there is credible testimony that it wasn't just routine maintenance but was actually an overt and planned attempt to subvert the democratic process will you also concede you are a moron?

It would be moronic if I did since that's what I've been asking you guys to show me.  I didn't make the claim.