1 1
kallend

Biden's VP

3 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Biden/Harris is the ticket for the DNC. 

In good American fashion we will now hear not about Harris' accomplishments, but in stead everything that is wrong with her. Including that one time when she was 7.....

In good Skydekker fashion once again you can find a way slam America. Have you considered working up the courage to start your own thread? 

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

In good Skydekker fashion once again you can find a way slam America. Have you considered working up the courage to start your own thread? 

He's not wrong though.

I bet you a beer Trumps team have been spending the last 6 months preparing dirt dossiers on all potential running mates.

11 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

6 hours ago, yoink said:

He's not wrong though.

He is merely agreeing with the majority of the world. Although IMO with the exception of trump and the current GOP the US is among the top 15 countries in the world.

Obama enjoyed 50% better approval in his last year than the next two superpowers.

spacer.png

• Global leadership approval 33% for U.S. in Trump's third year
  • Germany top-rated leadership, with 44% approval
  • China's approval rating 32%, Russia unchanged at 30%

15 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

In good American fashion we will now hear not about Harris' accomplishments, but in stead everything that is wrong with her. Including that one time when she was 7.....

The attempts at character assassination started within minutes of the announcement. You get no soothsayer points for that prediction.

The Trumpites need to learn that those in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.

21 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Unfortunately some of the attacks are also coming from the far left as she's too pro-police (former AG and all) and not far left enough. (For Turtle: the real far-left, not the right-wing people who dare to criticise Trump). Some of my far-left friends are idiots...

On 8/11/2020 at 5:02 PM, SkyDekker said:

Well yesterday Fox news posted this:

Doug Schoen: Kamala Harris as VP pick was smart move by Biden

"Harris possesses the experience, qualifications and stature that are essential for the position, given her record as an experienced prosecutor, former state attorney general and current senator with national recognition.

Though progressives are wary of Harris’ record as a tough-on-crime prosecutor, in my view, this could actually benefit Biden greatly. Indeed, Harris’ record could help Biden solidify his position among centrist voters and even moderate Republican voters — many of whom have disaffected from Trump and are leaning towards Biden but are disheartened by the far-left’s calls to defund police."

And Neil Cavuto:

“By the way, the real quick clarification I just want to get,” Cavuto said, “the president seems to be saying that Kamala Harris called Joe Biden a racist. She never did.” Roberts then corrected Cavuto, specifying that it was his campaign, not Trump himself, that made the statement.

That statement also claimed that Harris was a radical progressive and that she would try to “appease the anti-police extremists” in the party. Cavuto pointed out that as a prosecutor in California, Harris was anything but what she is being portrayed as in the statement.

“As a former prosecutor, if anything, Kamala Harris was getting heat from many African Americans with the party and others,” Cavuto said. “She was a little too tough on crime and that sort of thing … and that it would negate her being a running mate. So in a way, be careful what you criticize.”

I'm sure there are more, but why bother since they don't fit your tiresome narrative - so here's one for you.  Kamala Devi Harris.  Pretty close to Devil, eh?  Too close for comfort anyway. . .

26 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Which of course brings up the most important factor in American presidential politics. What church does she go to and can she show her self to be a Christian?

Easy peasy.  She can gas a crowd, clear them out of in front of a church, and hold up a bible.  BOOM!  She's as pious as Trump.

17 hours ago, Coreece said:

I'm sure there are more, but why bother since they don't fit your tiresome narrative - so here's one for you.  Kamala Devi Harris.  Pretty close to Devil, eh?  Too close for comfort anyway. . .

Good to see some of it. The comments underneath that article also make it very clear it is not appreciated.

22 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I saw something the other day that talked about the first Black woman on a Presidential ticket.  I must have missed how India and Jamaica combined to make Africa.  Those tectonic plates sure do move fast.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2020/08/the-wikipedia-war-over-kamala-harris-race/615250/

You've got company out there.

31 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I saw something the other day that talked about the first Black woman on a Presidential ticket.  I must have missed how India and Jamaica combined to make Africa.  Those tectonic plates sure do move fast.

Africa isn't the only nation with black people. You're confused. Again.

40 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Are you kidding? Jamaica? I suppose you think Bob Marley was not a black man because... he was not African. Come on man, you can do better than that.

(edited)
45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Jamaica's diverse ethnic roots is reflected in the national motto 'Out of Many One People'. Most of the population of 2,812,000 (July 2018 est.)[11] are of African or partially African descent, with many being able to trace their origins to the West African countries of Ghana and Nigeria.[71][110] Other major ancestral areas are Europe,[111] South Asia, and East Asia.[112] It is uncommon for Jamaicans to identify themselves by race as is prominent in other countries such as the United States, with most Jamaicans seeing Jamaican nationality as an identity in and of itself, identifying as simply being 'Jamaican' regardless of ethnicity.[113][114] A study found that the average admixture on the island was 78.3% Sub-Saharan African, 16.0% European, and 5.7% East Asian.[115] Another study in 2020 showed that Jamaicans of African descent represent 76.3% of the population, followed by 15.1% Afro-European, 3.4% East Indian and Afro-East Indian, 3.2% Caucasian, 1.2% Chinese and 0.8% other.[116]

Found in 2 minutes here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica#Ethnic_origins

Edited by ryoder

16 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Jamaica's diverse ethnic roots is reflected in the national motto 'Out of Many One People'. Most of the population of 2,812,000 (July 2018 est.)[11] are of African or partially African descent, with many being able to trace their origins to the West African countries of Ghana and Nigeria.[71][110] Other major ancestral areas are Europe,[111] South Asia, and East Asia.[112] It is uncommon for Jamaicans to identify themselves by race as is prominent in other countries such as the United States, with most Jamaicans seeing Jamaican nationality as an identity in and of itself, identifying as simply being 'Jamaican' regardless of ethnicity.[113][114] A study found that the average admixture on the island was 78.3% Sub-Saharan African, 16.0% European, and 5.7% East Asian.[115] Another study in 2020 showed that Jamaicans of African descent represent 76.3% of the population, followed by 15.1% Afro-European, 3.4% East Indian and Afro-East Indian, 3.2% Caucasian, 1.2% Chinese and 0.8% other.[116]

Found in 2 minutes here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica#Ethnic_origins

Yes...they're after the Jamaican voter.