1 1
kallend

Biden's VP

6 hours ago, yoink said:

At least let the guy get elected and actually have a chance at doing something before stating that you wouldn’t vote for him again?

No.

I'm going to vote against Trump, which means for Biden. 
As was noted a while ago, if it was Howdy Doody running, with Charlie Sheen as running mate, I'd vote for them. 

He was a Senator for a long time, and VP for 8 years. I've seen enough of him to know that I don't want him as pres. 

But, while he's old and infirm, not terribly smart, has supported stuff I'm strongly against, and made some REALLY stupid statements (remember him during the "Ebola Panic"?), he's not evil.
He actually seems to care about people.

Trump is genuinely evil. 
And clearly cares about nobody but himself.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

No.

I'm going to vote against Trump, which means for Biden. 
As was noted a while ago, if it was Howdy Doody running, with Charlie Sheen as running mate, I'd vote for them. 

He was a Senator for a long time, and VP for 8 years. I've seen enough of him to know that I don't want him as pres. 

But, while he's old and infirm, not terribly smart, has supported stuff I'm strongly against, and made some REALLY stupid statements (remember him during the "Ebola Panic"?), he's not evil.
He actually seems to care about people.

Trump is genuinely evil. 
And clearly cares about nobody but himself.

Hi Joe,

Re:  'He was a Senator for a long time, and VP for 8 years. I've seen enough of him to know that I don't want him as pres'

Just so I understand; are you saying that you do not want Joe Biden for POTUS?

As to the quote above, it is for these very reasons why I think this country needs him now more than ever.

Jerry Baumchen

23 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

...Just so I understand; are you saying that you do not want Joe Biden for POTUS?

As to the quote above, it is for these very reasons why I think this country needs him now more than ever.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Jerry,

No. I don't think Biden is the best available for the postion. I think several of the other potential D candidates would have made for a better president. 

There are a few Rs that would also make a better president than Biden. Obviously, they have zero chance of unseating Trump for the nomination, and unless I see a huge change in the fundamental behaviors of the party as a whole, I'm not voting for any R again. Ever. 

I think he will make for an adequate president. He will not be evil. 
I don't think he will be especially competent, but I think (hope) he will be smart enough to surround himself with smart people and then actually listen to them.

Anything would be better than Trump. That 'anything' includes Biden. But that doesn't mean I prefer him. Just that he's better than the worst president (by a hyooooge margin) in the history of the country. 

15 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I think he will make for an adequate president. He will not be evil. 
I don't think he will be especially competent, but I think (hope) he will be smart enough to surround himself with smart people and then actually listen to them.

This is my hope. I actually think Biden isn't all there mentally, but he's smart enough to accept help. Trump isn't all there mentally AND refuses to believe he isn't the world authority on absolutely everything.

I’ve heard Susan Rice suggested as a VP candidate as well. Quieter, but a huge resume. I don’t think Warren would be selected, and I’d hope she wouldn’t accept. But any of Abrams, Rice, or Duckworth would bring a lot of youth, vigor, and fresh blood to the ticket. 
Wendy P. 

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I understand that Biden will announce his choice for V-P this week.

I'm thinking it is down to Kamala Harris or Susan Rice.  And, I'm going with Harris.

How say you?

Jerry Baumchen

I'm curious as to why you are still calling her (whomever she may be) choice for V-P?

Are we living in fantasy world?

4 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I understand that Biden will announce his choice for V-P this week.

I'm thinking it is down to Kamala Harris or Susan Rice.  And, I'm going with Harris.

How say you?

Jerry Baumchen

I think Susan Rice is a better choice because of her international experience and I think she could appeal to a wider range of the American demographic.  Kamala appeals mostly to coastal states which aren't as important to the election.  Fox News is already starting up its "get her" machine by trying to invoke Benghazi.

31 minutes ago, DJL said:

I think Susan Rice is a better choice because of her international experience and I think she could appeal to a wider range of the American demographic.  Kamala appeals mostly to coastal states which aren't as important to the election.  Fox News is already starting up its "get her" machine by trying to invoke Benghazi.

Hi DJL,

I picked Harris because ( one of many reasons ) she is a former prosecutor & can take on Trump's phony law & order BS.

Jerry Baumchen

30 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi DJL,

I picked Harris because ( one of many reasons ) she is a former prosecutor & can take on Trump's phony law & order BS.

Jerry Baumchen

There certainly will be a quantity of legal garbage to undo.

55 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi DJL,

Jerry Baumchen

Which of the potential VP picks has a real chance of winning in 2024 if Biden folds.

8 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

There will be an even larger quantity of 'legal garbage' to DO.

Like what.  If it's related to Trump then I'd prefer that our Executive Branch spend their time on better things.  Trump wasted enough of our national capital on pissing matches and there are plenty of others to pursue valid legal issues.

• Like 2

Well, treason charges for one.

Trump cannot pardon himself for that (or any other 'impeachable offense').

Tax fraud charges against the whole clan.

Corruption charges. 

Ethics violations (many of which may reach 'criminal' level).

It's far less of a 'pissing match' than it is a return to the 'rule of law' and the very important principle that 'no man is above the law'. 

I'd like to see the whole shitting deal put out on the table.

ALL of Trump's corruption and crimes. So the people can see exactly who they put in office. 

It won't change the opinion of many of his die hard supporters (the 38%), but to document it for history is something I think is important. Kind of like the Nuremburg trials, but on 'less evil' scale.

4 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, treason charges for one.

Trump cannot pardon himself for that (or any other 'impeachable offense').

Tax fraud charges against the whole clan.

Corruption charges. 

Ethics violations (many of which may reach 'criminal' level).

It's far less of a 'pissing match' than it is a return to the 'rule of law' and the very important principle that 'no man is above the law'. 

I'd like to see the whole shitting deal put out on the table.

ALL of Trump's corruption and crimes. So the people can see exactly who they put in office. 

It won't change the opinion of many of his die hard supporters (the 38%), but to document it for history is something I think is important. Kind of like the Nuremburg trials, but on 'less evil' scale.

Again, I do not want the executive branch involved in this, they need to run the country.  The New York DA's office can deal with Trump and they are equally capable of tapping federal resources where needed..  We will very quickly put our country into a cycle of one administration investigating the last if Biden and his office and cabinet have anything to do with Trump.  They absolutely do NOT need to be involved and therefore shouldn't.  They DO need to lead the country and should. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Agreed. I just wondering if they aren't the same person.

At this point, I would think 'probably not.'

Not entirely sure why I feel that way, but I do.

I think it's unlikely that a woman or a minority will win the Presidency soon. Almost certainly not in 24. The hatred, bigotry & misogyny left over from Obama & HRC is going to be difficult to overcome.

I do think that a minority, woman or both at once might make the best VP candidate this time. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I think it's unlikely that a woman or a minority will win the Presidency soon. Almost certainly not in 24. The hatred, bigotry & misogyny left over from Obama & HRC is going to be difficult to overcome.

I do think that a minority, woman or both at once might make the best VP candidate this time. 

How soon you forget....

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I think you are right. I'll be as stunned if this country elects a woman of color to the presidency as I was when it elected Trump. Pretty much unless Biden goes on a Ginko, Geritol and Adderall diet and wins the 2024 running of the Boston Marathon it's one and done. Of course, if the Southern District of New York can't lay a glove on the orange asshole he can run again in 2024. So maybe we'll get him again.

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Of course, if the Southern District of New York can't lay a glove on the orange asshole he can run again in 2024. So maybe we'll get him again.

I don't think that he would ever run again, for one.  Also, there is a significant chance of him being dead or disabled by then.  He is correct that he has "good genes," but his father wasn't obese, and maybe not as infatuated with fast food.  He is already showing signs of dimentia.

34 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Biden/Harris is the ticket for the DNC. 

In good American fashion we will now hear not about Harris' accomplishments, but in stead everything that is wrong with her. Including that one time when she was 7.....

If I remember correctly someone here last year when she was running for the nomination was accusing her of having sex in a manner he didn’t approve of.