3. 3. Do you regret voting for Trump

• Yes
    • No
    • Hell no
    • Did not vote for Trump
    • Not American

(edited)

It’s a meaningless poll.

You have to combine who will vote with their location rather than just the popular vote to be able to draw meaningful conclusions. Thanks, electoral collage!

Even then the sample size is too small.

I still think it’ll be closer than people would like. Biden will win the popular vote, but will he sway enough independents in the swing states away from the ‘your tribe vs my tribe regardless of right or wrong’ thinking? The gerrymandering and voter suppression will also sway things in Trumps favor.

I’m uncertain enough that I’m not going to call it, but I do think that if Trump wins he’ll talk about removing term limits and if he loses he’ll refuse to step down claiming the election was rigged.

Edited by yoink

20 minutes ago, yoink said:

It’s a meaningless poll.

You have to combine who will vote with their location rather than just the popular vote to be able to draw meaningful conclusions. Thanks, electoral collage!

Even then the sample size is too small.

I still think it’ll be closer than people would like. Biden will win the popular vote, but will he sway enough independents in the swing states away from the ‘your tribe vs my tribe regardless of right or wrong’ thinking? The gerrymandering and voter suppression will also sway things in Trumps favor.

I’m uncertain enough that I’m not going to call it, but I do think that if Trump wins he’ll talk about removing term limits and if he loses he’ll refuse to step down claiming the election was rigged.

Well, thats a bold statement, calling the opinion of SC international group of readers for meaningless! It will not change the world, but interesting to see the opinion on those who can vote, and those who can not, if anything is changed since last election. 

The pro klan of Trump was quite aggressive here last time, now Im wondering if they still feel as strong as they did. 

8 hours ago, yoink said:

... but I do think that if Trump wins he’ll talk about removing term limits and if he loses he’ll refuse to step down claiming the election was rigged.

Fact check: Trump pushes baseless conspiracy about foreign interference in mail-in voting    Losers like to make excuses and for the biggest loser they have already started.

8 hours ago, 434 said:

Well, thats a bold statement, calling the opinion of SC international group of readers for meaningless! It will not change the world, but interesting to see the opinion on those who can vote, and those who can not, if anything is changed since last election.

It's not like you couldn't tell what the results were going to be before you even started. 

29 minutes ago, feuergnom said:

So far there is two points for trump so we can be sure Ron and Marc will stick with him... 

Hi feuergnom,

It also looks like at least one person voted for Trump in '16 but will not this year.

I consider that a success story; hopefully, one of many.

Jerry Baumchen

What the rest of the world misses is something I was taught growing up; my political beliefs should be my business.  I spout them here a bit because no one really reads these stupid threads.  I shudder when I see people on FB posting political BS, whether it be left or right.

47 minutes ago, airdvr said:

What the rest of the world misses is something I was taught growing up; my political beliefs should be my business.  I spout them here a bit because no one really reads these stupid threads.  I shudder when I see people on FB posting political BS, whether it be left or right.

Hi airdvr,

To each his/her own.  Do you object to the first amendment?

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Why anyone is on FB is beyond me.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I shudder when I see people on FB posting political BS, whether it be left or right.

I don't mind it when I see it. What pisses my off is people who post political stuff and then object when I comment in a way that disagrees. If you are going to post that stuff you should expect to have to defend it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yoink said:

I agree he'll make an enormous fuss if he loses and will never ever shut up about it, because that's his brand, win at all costs. I disagree that he'll try and stay beyond a second term if he wins, because he clearly fucking hates the job.

Term limits are his easy out, leaving office because he has to isn't a loss and all he cares about is being seen to be winning.

23 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

This  is a pretty good explanation.

...of how to make a bad infographic?  I have no idea what that's trying to say aside from vague accusations about things all of us are against.

9 minutes ago, DJL said:

...of how to make a bad infographic?  I have no idea what that's trying to say aside from vague accusations about things all of us are against.

I take it as how the two party system has two players that are almost the same.  You could put an R or a D on either side of the chart and it would be just as true either way.

We need a third party. 

(edited)
27 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

I take it as how the two party system has two players that are almost the same.  You could put an R or a D on either side of the chart and it would be just as true either way.

We need a third party. 

For that you'll need to ditch FPTP elections so there will be enough representation in Congress.

"We need a third party" is exactly one of the topics in this video. Mathematics of elections is actually quite interesting:

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, olofscience said:

For that you'll need to ditch FPTP elections so there will be enough representation in Congress.

"We need a third party" is exactly one of the topics in this video. Mathematics of elections is actually quite interesting:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/robert-johnson-urges-black-lives-matter-to-form-a-political-party.html

I think the third party is a great idea!!

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

. . . so the other party can't expand corruption.

They are meant to oxymorons . . .

But it just doesn't work.  The best answer is "no one votes for either one."

If someone had an ad that said "so we have to vote for libertarians to erase the constitution so that republicans won't erase it first?  VOTE DEMOCRAT!"  - would you then vote democrat?