2 2
Phil1111

The Bolton Book

54 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

So Bolton has released his somewhat tell all book. One evidently somewhat toned down by trump and the WH. Bolton, a major FOX contributor, a staunch conservative.

Begged China and Xi to help him win re-election. On and on selling out the US.

White House so far has claimed that information in the book is false and that it is classified, seemingly unaware those are mutually exclusive.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Begged China and Xi to help him win re-election. On and on selling out the US.

The US Senate voted to allow that. No biggie, except for Senators facing elections perhaps. Moscow Mitch, can you hear them coming for you?

Other tidbits "Donald Trump did not seem to know Britain was a nuclear power and wondered if Finland was part of Russia....he sought to use trade negotiations and criminal investigations to further his political interests....the president expressed a willingness to halt criminal investigations “to, in effect, give personal favors to dictators he liked,” citing cases involving major firms in China and Turkey. “The pattern looked like obstruction of justice as a way of life, which we couldn’t accept,” ...Trump overtly linked tariff talks with China to his own political fortunes by asking President Xi Jinping to buy American agricultural products to help him win farm states in this year’s election. Mr. Trump, he writes, was “pleading with Xi to ensure he’d win.”...Trump did not seem to know, for example, that Britain was a nuclear power ... “These people should be executed,” Mr. Trump once said of journalists. “They are scumbags.” When Mr. Xi explained why he was building concentration camps in China, the book says, Mr. Trump “said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which he thought was exactly the right thing to do.”

Simon & Schuster's response to the DOJ's new filing against Bolton: "A frivolous, politically motivated exercise in futility. Hundreds of thousands of copies of the book have already been distributed around the country and the world."

13 hours ago, kallend said:

Bolton, just another one of "THE BEST PEOPLE" to reveal that DJT is unhinged, evil, stupid, ignorant, or any combination of the four.

Mattis

Kelly

Tillerson

Cohen

Priebus

Mnuchin

Bannon

Cohn

McMaster

There should properly be two groups. Patriots that tried to uphold the constitution, i.e Mattis and those who sold it down the river to make a buck, i.e Bolton

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:

But who would give money to John Bolton? I can't imagine.....

A editorial in the NYT: Don’t Buy John Bolton’s Book. But Don’t Ignore Its Revelations

He says Trump cheered Chinese concentration camps

Good idea. Bolton is a traitor to the constitution by not testifying, but like trump his job is a chance to line his pockets.

Federal Judge rules that the book can be published:

https://www.boston25news.com/entertainment/judge-bolton-can/MB5IVUZ6MPV2JWHRBU345ZOQ4M/

Interesting that the judge rebuked Bolton for taking it:
“upon himself to publish his book without securing final approval from national intelligence authorities”.

That's funny. The White House had the book for several months. 
They had plenty of time to review it, but didn't bother.

Perhaps Trump was too busy playing golf. 

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Perhaps Trump was too busy playing golf. 

Trump playing golf would be irrelevant. He doesn't read anything unless it's on a teleprompter.:tongue:

(edited)
28 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They did, that was the problem. A career national security official spent months reviewing it and gave it the all clear, so at the last minute they appointed a Trump loyalist (the very same guy who first suggested covering up the Ukraine phone call by hiding it on the secret server - seriously, you couldn't make this up) to go over her head and unclear it.

Edit: Just had a thought about Trump's justification for trying to block it, that he considers 'any conversation' with him to be highly classified. I wonder if Twitter could hide all his posts and just say they were doing what he wanted? Just invent a new tag, "This tweet has been redacted for national security purposes.":tongue:

Edited by jakee

(edited)
On 6/19/2020 at 9:00 AM, gowlerk said:

But who would give money to John Bolton? I can't imagine.....

But who would give Donald the most powerful position in the world? I could not imagine

Edited by 434
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, Phil1111 said:

A editorial in the NYT: Don’t Buy John Bolton’s Book. But Don’t Ignore Its Revelations

Good idea. Bolton is a traitor to the constitution by not testifying, but like trump his job is a chance to line his pockets.

This guy chose a book deal over providing any relevant information on the President he's now throwing under the bus for money.  He has zero regard for the interests of the United States.

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

This guy chose a book deal over providing any relevant information on the President he's now throwing under the bus for money.  He has zero regard for the interests of the United States.

Just like his erstwhile boss, then.

(edited)

Transcript of Martha Raddatz long interview with Bolton:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-john-bolton-interview-abc-news-martha-raddatz/story

BTW There are some places in this transcript where it looks like the question was omitted, and the answer incorrectly labeled "Raddatz" when it is really Bolton speaking.

Edited by ryoder

10 minutes ago, kallend said:

Just like his erstwhile boss, then.

They're perfect for each other.  I don't know what Trump thought he was getting by hiring a self-serving fringe politics TV personality but he deserves every bit of it.

On 6/19/2020 at 6:43 AM, Phil1111 said:

No need to buy it. There is a thread on Reddit with links to download the PDF version.

Bolton had his chance to do the right thing, but chose not to, so I don't feel bad about reading his book w/o paying for it.:p

23 minutes ago, ryoder said:

No need to buy it. There is a thread on Reddit with links to download the PDF version.

Bolton had his chance to do the right thing, but chose not to, so I don't feel bad about reading his book w/o paying for it.:p

¬¬ That what looters think.;)

30 minutes ago, ryoder said:

A number of locations where the pdf was parked are pulling it down due to TOS violations.

Given his behavior in screwing over the country, I wouldn't feel bad at all. I hope he wasn't paid in advance.

4 minutes ago, normiss said:

A number of locations where the pdf was parked are pulling it down due to TOS violations.

Given his behavior in screwing over the country, I wouldn't feel bad at all. I hope he wasn't paid in advance.

True. The first location I learned about was on Google Drive, but that is already down. But other locations are popping up.  Like Joe Rogan's character once said in "NewsRadio":

"You can't take something off the Internet; That's like trying to take pee out of a swimming pool!"

• Like 1