sheeks

Pilot chute hackey had gotten sucked through base hole on bottom of pilot chute?

I only have a handful of jumps on my new PC but in my few jumps I’ve had the following happen:

1. After landing, it was so far collapsed that the hackey had gone through the bottom square hole in the mesh

2. On another jump, the bridle was really twisted up

It deployed just fine, but I could’ve sworn reading somewhere once that these could be problems indicative of a kill line that’s setup too short or something? I notice there’s some slack in the kill like in my D-bag even after cocking it, but I’m able to get blue in the window, and it catches air on the ground reasonably fine. So maybe i’m just overthinking things, considering I can get blue in the window?

What’s your 2 cents

39 minutes ago, sheeks said:

I notice there’s some slack in the kill like in my D-bag even after cocking it, but I’m able to get blue in the window, and it catches air on the ground reasonably fine. So maybe i’m just overthinking things, considering I can get blue in the window?

I recommend you watch these two videos (the second one especially on how even the one unaltered after the manufacturer might not be marked properly). It does address some of the problems you might be having.

Any chance you could post a photo of what you're describing?

Ahh thanks man, those videos were really informative and pretty much filled me in on all the questions I had. It looks like i’ll be pulling the kill line farther in to extend tmy PC life and make sure things are functioning as they should

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sheeks said:

I only have a handful of jumps on my new PC but in my few jumps I’ve had the following happen:

1. After landing, it was so far collapsed that the hackey had gone through the bottom square hole in the mesh

2. On another jump, the bridle was really twisted up

It deployed just fine, but I could’ve sworn reading somewhere once that these could be problems indicative of a kill line that’s setup too short or something? I notice there’s some slack in the kill like in my D-bag even after cocking it, but I’m able to get blue in the window, and it catches air on the ground reasonably fine. So maybe i’m just overthinking things, considering I can get blue in the window?

What’s your 2 cents

Your kill line is too short (they shrink with time). Ask your rigger to lengthen or replace the kill line, or if the pilot chute is old and worn out, you may choose to just replace the entire pilot chute.