1 1
turtlespeed

The CHAZ thread

8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I see this much like the Occupy Wall Street fiasco.  People will soon tire of living this way and go home.

airdvr, the Occupy "fiasco" moved the ball downfield from the liberal perspective; it was too much effort for too little payoff from the conservative perspective. The problem is that social change happens too fast or too slow for most folks to grasp what is happening. Making it worse is that held views and agendas make seeing what is changing, or different, extremely difficult. It isn't just today, it's today and tomorrow. 

On 6/14/2020 at 12:11 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

How horrible the pandemic was in the US compared to the rest of the world.

Massive deficits. Probable economic depression.
Russia taking over most of Eastern Europe.
China taking over much of Asia.

Iran having nukes.
Federal judges taking away the rights of the dispossessed, giving huge advantages to government and big business (not all on Trump, McConnell is behind a lot of that).

Even if he was removed tomorrow, much of this is a strong possibility. 

But hey, MAGA.

Joe, you didn't even touch base on ALL the environmental BS he's seriously destroying. 

On 6/16/2020 at 1:17 PM, DJL said:

I'm curious how many of these incidents involved a person with a firearm?  I think we can all say that it is very justified for a police officer to use deadly force if a subject has a gun.  Additionally, gun ownership is barely restricted in the US considering the hodgepodge of laws from state to state.  Could it be said that the two issues go hand in hand.  Cops know that people might be armed and when the situation escalates they justifiably fear for their own lives.  Yes, I'm asking if lax gun control is a factor in our overall tendency to kill our own citizens.  Is it unrealistic to think cops operate at a heightened stress level because of the quantity of guns on the street?  This makes no excuse for the racial issues we've discussed but I think it's factor.

It's 100% a factor. Each country is unique and with it's own circumstance. So naturally the numbers will vary... Just like Covid deaths. Too soon?  

1 hour ago, turtlespeed said:

Is their premise that the land they are claiming is overflowing with thrash - because that is extremely ironic.

Yes, they should copy big businesses and dump their toxic waste in rivers, hide it in landfills (like Love Canal) or just discharge it into the air we breath - all practices being re-invigorated by DJT.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, kallend said:

Yes, they should copy big businesses and dump their toxic waste in rivers, hide it in landfills (like Love Canal) or just discharge it into the air we breath - all practices being re-invigorated by DJT.

Another Donald obsessionist - JFC!

Should they plant their flag in it too?

Edited by turtlespeed

(edited)
4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Turtle, it's rational to think about the current president. A sitting president and their policies are pretty relevant to most Americans.

Wendy P.

I don't doubt that, but to insert him into every conversation is way overboard.

What could have possibly and reasonably tied the two subjects together?

Famous Iwo Jima flag planting being (assumed to be ) copied or parodied by a bunch of Baizuo?  That reminds someone, somehow of Trump?

ETA:  . . . and not just that, but further, and ties it into Trumps perceived stances on the clean water act, and the EPA.

There is a sizable gap between the two.

Making that leap requires some sort of obsession.

Edited by turtlespeed

7 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

What could have possibly and reasonably tied the two subjects together?

The ability to spot relationships where others cannot is a sign of superior intelligence.

Try harder and you might see the connection.

Just now, kallend said:

The ability to spot relationships where others cannot is a sign of superior intelligence.

Try harder and you might see the connection.

There has to be reason to it, though, besides touting the obsession.

I am not calling into question, your intelligence.  

I'm sure you could track the butterfly effect all the way from Trump to the butterfly if you really wanted.

1 minute ago, turtlespeed said:

There has to be reason to it, though, besides touting the obsession.

I am not calling into question, your intelligence.  

I'm sure you could track the butterfly effect all the way from Trump to the butterfly if you really wanted.

OK, so you choose not to think.  Your prerogative.

Presidential Derangement Syndrome can affect just about anyone -- since the inception of dz.com alone we've had three presidents, all with their own derangement syndromes. And yes, people who agree with one side will make fun of the other side (Obama Derangement Syndrome)

But Trump's lies are of commission -- ones that are easily seen to be untrue. Unlike Bush's yellowcake, and Obama's "you can keep your doctor" (no insurance company, ever, has your best interests at heart), Trump lies about stupid shit, because he wants it to be true. It'd be weird, except that he's the president.

Wendy P.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, jakee said:

That must be where Markharju works now.

...you were saying...?