1 1
turtlespeed

The CHAZ thread

11 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I remember back in 2007 when all this crap was unheard of. 

Then came "Hope and Change."

In 1967 about 100 American Indians occupied Alcatraz Island - a government facility - for two years, demanding changes to reservation laws.  Their initial statement:

"We invite the United States to acknowledge the justice of our claim. The choice now lies with the leaders of the American government – to use violence upon us as before to remove us from our Great Spirit's land, or to institute a real change in its dealing with the American Indian. We do not fear your threat to charge us with crimes on our land. We and all other oppressed peoples would welcome spectacle of proof before the world of your title by genocide. Nevertheless, we seek peace."

Guess you must have missed that, huh.

• Like 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

How horrible the pandemic was in the US compared to the rest of the world.

Massive deficits. Probable economic depression.
Russia taking over most of Eastern Europe.
China taking over much of Asia.

Iran having nukes.
Federal judges taking away the rights of the dispossessed, giving huge advantages to government and big business (not all on Trump, McConnell is behind a lot of that).

Even if he was removed tomorrow, much of this is a strong possibility. 

But hey, MAGA.

And so much more.

The grass dying, polution, global warming . . . et cetera

Edited by turtlespeed

On 6/14/2020 at 7:33 AM, wmw999 said:

They just weren't right in front of you. The Bonus Army (before the Depression), plenty of places in the Depression, some hippie-type takeovers.

One of the telling things about the traditionalist 1950's that you seem to have liked is that there was much higher taxation, allowing the government to invest in those infrastructure programs like roads and buildings, that keep people employed. 

Poor and dispossessed people have always had to gather where they could; the colonias in south Texas, the favelas in Brazil, tent cities during nearly any housing or economic stress (including in the late 1980's and very early 1990's), homeless encampments all over the place (note that until recent efforts to focus on veterans, they were disproportionately represented among the homeless). But as long as there's no publicity, it doesn't exist, I guess.

Ron, we use people up and discard them. That's not acceptable in a society that claims to value individuals, because they are all individuals. Many of the homeless would have been awesome cowboys 100-150 years ago, but there aren't enough cowboy jobs any more, our massively profit-driven economy has taken care of that, and made that type of person superfluous. We can drug the ADD and ADHD out of them, but that's a cover, not a cure.

Don't fucking blame it on Obama. It started before him, he wasn't any more able to fix it than any other president, and it's not going away. But at least we are listening to the voices of some of the previously discarded people now. Sucks for you they're not conservative religious white males.

Wendy P.

What sucks is that the savages are burning their own communities. What kind of mind set generates that behavior?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

What sucks is that the savages are burning their own communities. What kind of mind set generates that behavior?

Police repression combined with government and societal indifference. Racial domination.

Edited by Phil1111

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Mindset people like you have shaped. You and those like you are directly responsible for what is happening.

32 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Our current batch of savages are starting to rival General Sherman for the destruction of Atlanta right now.

Your understanding of history, of the "Rebellion" that you love so much is sadly lacking. 

And it's kinda funny. Call people 'savages' (or worse). Treat them like that (or worse). 

Then act all put out when they fight back.

2 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Your understanding of history, of the "Rebellion" that you love so much is sadly lacking. 

And it's kinda funny. Call people 'savages' (or worse). Treat them like that (or worse). 

Then act all put out when they fight back.

No, I called them thugs when they were just shooting each other. They became savages when they loot and burn down their own communities. 

Even animals don't s**t where they eat and sleep.

2 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

No, I called them thugs when they were just shooting each other. They became savages when they loot and burn down their own communities. 

Even animals don't s**t where they eat and sleep.

For quite a long time I thought it was somewhat unfair that people kept calling you a racist, but goddamn was I wrong.

27 minutes ago, billvon said:

In that case - perhaps there will be statues of them in town squares someday.

I suppose that is possible, if the liberal supremacists gain total control and kill off the rest of us.

Just a thought, this is America. When SHTF happens whites, blacks, latinos, hispanics, orientals, and others will unite to fight against whites, blacks, latinos, hispanics, orientals, and others.

Remember in Vietnam how easy it was to identify the enemy. Or, look at the mideast and how easy it is to spot an Islamic terrorist. It becomes very easy to "kill'em all, let God sort'em out."

SHTF is not going to be a race war. It will be a fight for survival for everyone.

That is the Luciferian plan. It has always been thus.

10 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

I suppose that is possible, if the liberal supremacists gain total control and kill off the rest of us.

Eh, the liberal supremacists won the Civil War.  Didn't have to kill off the rest of the South.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jakee said:

For quite a long time I thought it was somewhat unfair that people kept calling you a racist, but goddamn was I wrong.

You know what is ironic is that these so called “Christians” are so racist. My sister got blocked on Facebook yesterday, I got tired of her ranting about Sadiik Khan (London Mayor)

And you wonder why there are race problems in the USA when scared old white men are running around calling people savages.

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

Remember in Vietnam how easy it was to identify the enemy. Or, look at the mideast and how easy it is to spot an Islamic terrorist.

I don;t think easy is the word you meant to use there.

It becomes very easy to "kill'em all, let God sort'em out."

For psycopaths, maybe.

2 hours ago, nigel99 said:

You know what is ironic is that these so called “Christians” are so racist. My sister got blocked on Facebook yesterday, I got tired of her ranting about Sadiik Khan (London Mayor)

And you wonder why there are race problems in the USA when scared old white men are running around calling people savages.

What color are the looters?

What race are the looters?

What color or race are those that are violent during the protests?