Whither Jet Jumps?

The 3x I went to WFFC - no jet. Do the Conatsers still own that DC-9? Is there any place IN THE WORLD hosting jet jumps? Thx

last thing I heard, the Conatsers (Perris Valley, California) flew their DC-9 until it needed an expensive engine change. The plane has been grounded since then.

Lots of Air Forces allow thousands of jumps per year from their jet transports, but you have to enlist before you can enjoy those jumps.

On 6/13/2020 at 12:37 AM, markharju said:

The 3x I went to WFFC - no jet. Do the Conatsers still own that DC-9? Is there any place IN THE WORLD hosting jet jumps? Thx

There are semi regular jumps in Eastern Europe from An-72, far more practical than the DC9. 

was lucky to jump it in Vichy, France during Espace Boogie. 

Well kindly let me know so I can plan for it next year, would you? I'm in Germany so making a trip to where that An-72 is flying won't be a serious hassle. Thanks!

(edited)

Yeah, Kharkiv does that. This year's Polish BigWay record was supposed to happen there with An-72 being the delivery boi but then covid happened

But as far as I know An-72 is not commercial and actually belongs to military, so usually they take it for special occasions like bigway or sequential camps, while regular-day jumps are from An-28 - beautiful turbofan machine with rear ramp and twin tail :)

Prices for food and accommodation in Ukraine are really low compared to Europe or US, ticker price is around 27$ though

https://skydive.com.ua/en/index.php

Edited by the.Legend

(edited)
On 10/10/2020 at 4:09 AM, flyhi said:

Saw a post on FB that said Perris was close to getting their DC-9 back up. No idea of when. 

thanks for the tip. I found this video of the jet doing some taxiing around from Sept 3. the post claims they well on their way toward getting in the air but no date announced.

Edited by SethInMI

I just saw something on the Perris website looking for a pilot for the dc9 it sounds like their getting ready to possibly fly it again, i did jump it in 03 if i remember right and loved it.If you haven't done a jet jump it should be on your bucket list.

On 11/24/2020 at 8:55 AM, airnutt said:

I just saw something on the Perris website looking for a pilot for the dc9 it sounds like their getting ready to possibly fly it again, i did jump it in 03 if i remember right and loved it.If you haven't done a jet jump it should be on your bucket list.

Hope so ... I jumped at Perris this past weekend and was told in early 2021 it might be dropping jumpers again ... But this has been a rumor since 2007. Ha ha ha...

Perris extended the paved runway ~ 400 feet last week.

Primarily just because it was a good idea, but also to facilitate DC9 ops.

Still lottsa items to cross off the checklist, but Pat is making progress.

I predict November 2021 activity, but I can be an optimist.

perris jet.JPG

• Like 1