1 1
gowlerk

Antifa poll

Do you self indentify as antifa?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider yourself to be antifa?

26 minutes ago, jakee said:

I'd disagree that they're anything like the klan though for two reasons, first is that being opposed to an ideology is nothing at all like being opposed to a race or gender or anything else that was set at birth. Second is that antifa isn't an organisation as such, more of a movement. The biggest press attention gets focussed on the most out there stuff done in their name but it doesn't necessarily represent what most antifa members do or support.

Certainly, they're nowhere near what the Klan is, there's no Yin to Yang.  I'm using that comparison just to express a concept of whether you can say that being X also means you're Y.  I disagree with them because when their members use force to block free speech (a Fascist action) they do not speak up against it as just being "out there stuff".  Since they don't then it defines them in my eyes, it's a very slippery slope towards being exactly what they profess to fight against.

By the way I personally like seeing Nazis getting punched.  Sorry, guilty pleasure.  I still say they shouldn't but I don't really shed a tear over it.

2 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Then I wonder which of these are only movements

The picture of the KKK is the only one that references a national head office with an address and phone number for people to call up and join.

That's probably some kind of a clue.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

That was too obvious.

What about the others?

If you want to know, how about you find out for yourself instead of always trying to get others to spoon feed you information? Contrasted to how rude you are whenever anyone asks you to look something up for them and it's pretty damn hypocritical don't you think?

Fark.com: Review of court documents show none of the individuals facing federal charges in connection with the unrest have links to antifa. Logic dictates that can only mean one thing: Antifa has successfully infiltrated the US courts

LOL

Story: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/873278314/no-sign-of-antifa-so-far-in-justice-department-cases-brought-over-unrest

15 hours ago, ryoder said:

An Antifa member finally admits what they are doing:

Column: The truth about antifa’s secret senior soldiers. Trump is on to us, so I’m spilling the beans

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/rex-huppke/ct-antifa-trump-buffalo-protester-provocateur-oann-police-huppke-20200610-xrwkbhb4kncrvnvgjxbffps2k4-story.html

It takes commitment for seniors to forgo the Soros cheques.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Old white grump catches 2 Antifa in his neighborhood: https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/loveland-man-antifa-roofing-employees/73-c9e63588-b99d-45c5-bc34-81e22093cf91

Best part was the old fool called the cops on himself. LOL!

This is the type of person who genuinely scares me and is why I think gun control should be a thing.

44 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Definitely too stupid to own a gun!

Hi Robert,

Re:  'Gudmundsen told police in the call he was armed and wearing tactical gear . . . a man in fatigues'

I wore fatigues off & on for four years.  We never considered them 'tactical gear.'

YMMV

Jerry Baumchen

8 hours ago, ryoder said:

Definitely too stupid to own a gun!

America needs a over-riding news suppression service to "capture and kill" stories like that. When the stale allows unlimited gun ownership, when it creates fictional enemies for political purpose this is the result.

I mean Ron is pretty far out there. But a mental disconnect, guns and rampant government endorsed conspiracies....yikes!

7 hours ago, headoverheels said:

It said in the article that his son said the man was undergoing treatment at a mental health facility -- so why does he still have guns?

To protect himself from even crazier people. That's why the founders gave us the second amendment, because there is always someone crazier out there. And when it eventually works downstream to that poor, sorry bastard he'll need a gun to protect himself from the tyranny of the less crazy masses. Pure genius when you stop to think about it.

10 hours ago, headoverheels said:

It said in the article that his son said the man was undergoing treatment at a mental health facility -- so why does he still have guns?

Because 'undergoing treatment at a mental health facility' doesn't automatically revoke one's rights.

However, being charged with a felony does.

On 6/13/2020 at 9:20 PM, ryoder said:

Old white grump catches 2 Antifa in his neighborhood: https://www.9news.com/article/news/investigations/loveland-man-antifa-roofing-employees/73-c9e63588-b99d-45c5-bc34-81e22093cf91

Best part was the old fool called the cops on himself. LOL!

Four years probation.

Really.

https://coloradosun.com/2021/05/05/loveland-police-officer-scott-gudmundsen-probation/?utm_source=The+Colorado+Sun+Newsletters&utm_campaign=9676a7aafd-SUNRISER_2021-05-05&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_61e0bd63dc-9676a7aafd-66910994&mc_cid=9676a7aafd&mc_eid=d06540572c

On the 'plus' side, it's a felony conviction.
So he's prohibited from owning guns.