stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Its really too bad she does just not go up into the mountains and practice those MaD cLiMbInGsKiLlZ in the Rockies and get away from all those evil skydiving demons in her head

Six out of the seven voices in my head don't like her. :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Iago

Geez, are these people still around?

You live by an airport, plan on some noise. What I love are people who say 'it wasn't loud when I moved there!'

OK, so someone setup an operation to actually USE the airport.

But, we have kegs and barbeque on Saturday night so it's not all bad. Come on down and have some fun!

She actually lives out in Gunbarrel, which is a few miles away from the airport. I figure she's probably going to have an aneurysm and die when the runway expansion finishes up and the first big jet lands there.

The otter's pretty distinctive, but it's not the loudest thing that flies out of that airport. I find the trains that go through at 3AM (And which are apparently compelled to blow their horns all through town) and my neighbor's dog to be much more annoying. Apparently she has some sort of beef with the hot air balloons that fly around the area, too. I reckon she probably just thinks she owns the sky, but I spend a lot more time there.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Iago

You live by an airport, plan on some noise. What I love are people who say 'it wasn't loud when I moved there!'

She lives six miles South of the airport in Gunbarrel.
And the last time I jumped there, the pattern flown on the climb never even passed over Gunbarrel.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The otter's pretty distinctive, but it's not the loudest thing that flies out of that airport.

That clearly has long since become irrelevant. She has made this into her own personal feud; and feuds generally are not so much over issues as they are over personalities, which is why they generally never stop - until somebody dies.

Rdefeve

At least his complaints have some varying creativity that keep them entertaining...my favorite "Skydivers jumping too far north and could land on the farm." As if he knows where the spot should be!

He does actually. He is the true "Farmer McNasty" of that DZ and is one of the most respected farmers in Longmont. He has owned property there probably since before the airport was built. He clearly has junk piled up in his yard that's older than the DZ. :)
Not that his complaints are any more valid than the other lemmings, but he has a particularly bad attitude about it. I've been forced to land on his property due to changing Wx and had to run for fear of him doing physical harm to me and the 2 people I landed with. He was trying to have us arrested for trespassing.

As far as the rest of this debate goes, it sucks wanting the world we live in to be one way ("the way it was") and it not living up to our dreams, but this is the overpopulated place we live. We can't choose the planet but we can choose the place. Society is going to grow and sprawl is a fact of life in Denver metro. We just have to learn to live with it. Why should one person have to spend $100k+ putting a "Quiet kit" on their plane (MHSC has taken measures for YEARS to try to accommodate local residents and noise abatement complaints BTW) just because another person's property taxes may raise?

Are YOU willing to kick in $50k? Gibbs? Zweck? Palmer? Why don't you spend your efforts raising the money to HELP this business help you.
Don't take your problems out on others by trying to get litigious--just suck it up and move West or shut up about it.
too.much.energy.

Yeah, her last post on the FB page indicates that it's going to be "up to the courts". Well if that's the case, they've lost. All the regs, laws, and I think most of the community is on the side of the airport.

Are they wanting to live in "the world that was"? Maybe... I think that as one person already pointed out this is no longer about real issues but more about a personal vendetta.

Did anyone READ the Airport Advisory Board minutes? Nothing has changed as far as the complaints go..The board mentioned that something like 92% of the increased complaints for 2012 came from two people. In all fairness, I think its more appropriate to claim that 52% of ALL complaints came from two people rather than the former.

Anyway, the quiet skies folks are simply set on putting MHSC out of business plain and simple - because for one reason or another they don't like the idea of skydiving, or the noise, or the airport, or or or.. They're the type who will always find something to be unhappy about, unfortunately.

There's nothing anyone can do on either side. I've noticed that we do most of the climb to altitude well over the foothills and nowhere near Gibbs' home - regardless of whether we're in the Otter or the King Air. All GA pilots take part in voluntary noise abatement procedures, the jumpers ALWAYS do their best to land at the DZ as they should... Yet the CQS folks are still complaining.

My personal opinion about the psychology involved in this battle is that the main CQS person has serious issues involving a need for attention and control. She needs to feel respected and needs to feel important because perhaps for whatever reason she didn't get that as a child or doesn't get that as an adult in the real world.... Thus conflict is created that centers around her, under the precipice of "representing" the best interests of Boulder county.

It's just her reality and it doesn't seem like many others share her vision.

Andy9o8

The otter's pretty distinctive, but it's not the loudest thing that flies out of that airport.

That clearly has long since become irrelevant. She has made this into her own personal feud; and feuds generally are not so much over issues as they are over personalities, which is why they generally never stop - until somebody dies.

Or they run out of money:)
One Jump Wonder

I wonder if she got a notice similar to this when she bought the house.

[inline NOV.jpg]

Was in my notice of value for the house I'm buying.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

oldwomanc6

You mean you're supposed to read the contract? :o

The LAST time I signed a contract without reading it, I ended up in the Army for 6 years.

I may be dumb, but I sure learned my lesson! :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Looks like the Citizens for Quiet Skies lunatics posted a link to the forum here on their FB page..

So here's what I have to say to YOU, Gibby - since you're on our turf now and you want to show the world how we "mean spirited skydivers" just want to harass you..

I take the things said by the Citizens for Quiet Skies: mainly just Kim, but also the kool-aid drinkers like John, Lynda, and Oscar, at face value and nothing more. When I first learned about your coalition, I really respected your opinions and agreed to disagree. When there are multiple parties in a standoff, and everyone has a valid argument, there really is nothing anyone can do but laugh. Those things happen.

The more I read into your own Facebook posts and begin to understand your ilk the more it disturbs me. I’m certain that there are some pretty darn interesting psychoanalytic points to be made about how your group goes on and makes itself out to be more important than it actually is… Bigger than it actually is.

Your reposts from groups in different countries whom also consist of nothing more than a handful at most of people who are bent on complaining proves only that mental illness isn’t confined to members of CQS.

Nothing will ever satisfy your need for ego boosting. When there aren’t any planes running you’ll complain about the trains. You’ll complain about the traffic. You’ll complain about having to complain. When you’re out in solitude, I bet you’d complain about the birds singing. Recently you complained about not being alerted about when to complain.

During the terrible floods, you posted on your page that people shouldn't call in to complain about the Otter because it was doing survey work... But then as soon as things started to get back to normal, you blasted not MHSC but SKYDIVERS IN GENERAL for being "so thoughtless when there's so much suffering going on." And that, without any doubt, is a prime example of immaturity.

I find it doubtful that you will ever get the attention that you crave – perhaps the attention that you lacked as children or the attention that you find lacking in personal and social relationships. It’s unfortunate.

Now, you have been called out (even the FAA I think gave you a "strong warning") about ridiculous complaining and you have taken enough time away from the legitimate business of the Longmont Airport Advisory Board. You’ve spent every courtesy offered. Now there’s nothing left to go around but a feeling of general disdain for the Citizens for Quiet Skies who are now threatening “legal action” and to “let the courts decide.” You’re wasting everyone’s time and energy with every single complaint that you register with poor Tim. But… I won’t allow a single one of you to take any more of my attention; not for a good laugh, not for a gasp of “Oh my God are they SERIOUS?!”.. Nothing.

I have a great life. I have a fantastic job, am in a relationship with someone who loves me as much as I love them, and have met friends that are the best people in the world. Even when things are rough, I like to take ownership and do what I can to pull myself up and carry on.

I wager that if any of you had ever bothered to meet a skydiver and get to know them you might be amazed that they’re not all rude and inconsiderate.

There is simply no fixing you. Not a single one of you – Kim, you can keep your “live well” motto. Words are easy, but I actually DO live well… As for the other four or five of you, you can only fix yourselves and I hope it’s not too late – but that’s your issue to deal with.

Airports, airplanes, and skydivers aren't keeping you from living the life you want to live. To find that cause, each of you will have to look deep inside your own selves.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a life to live.