stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

http://www.timescall.com/news/longmont-local-news/ci_19517981#idc-cover

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-For-Quiet-Skies/213188222077598

The chick in this story has a major issues with mile high skydiving, she's a hater! (and taking notes on other dz's in the us)

Not only is she a nutcase, her and most her followers are clueless on how the national airspace system works and who is in charge of rule making and standards. This is a great example of how one or two very misinformed people can cause a lot of problems for people in wasted time and money by a business and by the city/FAA to deal with them.

And you guys thought farmer Mcnasty was bad.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

"Mile-Hi has been doing jumps at the airport since 1995. But it's only recently that complaints about its noise have taken off. In 2010, the airport got 488 calls complaining about the skydiving (332 of them from three people, according to records). This year, Barth said, calls are on track to surpass 400 again."

Wow! Three people, one (pictured) moved in after the DZ opened and is only using the DZ so she can stop the runway extension!

Why does the City even listen to this nonsense?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The comments under the news story start to show the agenda.

This is like the yahoos near SFO who started to complain about the heavies every ten minutes, flying over their property in Foster City.

The Airport was operating in the 50's (?), Foster City was a wet marsh till the 70's, then filled in and built over a period of ten years, the yahoos moved in around the late 80's. They wanted SFO to change the flight patterns or close down. Right.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

..what an abuse of Our Freedom Of Speech...

don't most DZO's have enough to deal with.. without THIS sort of nonsense...:S

Man... I wake up EACH DAY, thinkin'
" wouldn't it be COOL B| to hear something like a DeHAV.. Twin Otter !!!! (cranking those turbines,,,,running a bunch of HAppy HAppy people, Up to altitude,) ... flying over MY head !!!!
i think... i could Not get enough of THAT !!!...:|

the woman is a menace

jt

I LOVE living near an airport.
Andrea does laugh at me a lot when I go running out to see what's flying overhead.

hahaha.. Honest to God!!! Normiss...
i do the same thing....:S.

can often tell if it's a piston or a turbine, can tell a single from a twin... and Looove it if i hear a RADIAL engine!!!;)B|

But i take it a step further..:S
if I SEE it,,:o and it looks like a cessna..!!B| I always yell!!!
"Get Out " !!!!!:ph34r:B|;)
and then,, i'm always sad,,[:/]:( when they DON'T !!!

jmy

Yes she is a bitch. I have had first hand dealings with her when i operated out of Boulder. Primarily she is a loon with no grip on reality however that also describes many of the Boulder residents. I also was forced to look into a restraining order against her because she would harass my bus drivers while they were in the landing area. I lost one of my landing areas thanks to her threatening to sue everyone for the "painful noise" she had to endure.

Fortunately the owners of the property she got me kicked out of found us another one right across the street from the one i had and even closer to her house than the previous with the added bonus being the new owner hates everyone (besides us). She has threatened to sue me more times then i can count however she is all talk. I did everything i could to make her happy including running the plane at as low of a power setting as possible starting 3 miles away from her house while also monitoring the noise from the ground with a decibel meter only to realize the plane was actually quieter than the birds on the ground. Any way i digress. Think i might have to attend this meeting just to irritate her some.

I don't call her a bitch for voicing her point of view, I would call her a bitch for having that look on her face in the photo, she just looks like a bitch and based on the news stories and her own words, I would in fact have to say she, Kimberly Gibbs -- with Citizens for Quiet Skies, is in fact a bitch.

Now she lives in Dade City, Look out Dolphin and Z-hills next thing you'll know she will be after you too, then the rest of FL. :D:S

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Maybe they should be flying over her house on purpose (accidentally of course). It might cause her head to explode, problem solved.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

At least everyone that flies an airplane in the area should be doing low (legal) flights over her house. Especially those that are really loud.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Sounds like they need to have a "Beech-18" boogie.

Better for it to be from non-skydiving planes, not based at that local airport, from all around the area, making low passes over her house over and over again, even late at night. The message would be, back off or you'll wish for the quiet skies you used to have. Her neighbors would also be pushing for her to stop making trouble.