stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

ryoder

She even posted a Youtube video of her and her husband listening to it, and talking about it.

She has a husband?? ;)
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Now I CAN emotional close this thread. I'm frankly glad she had to pay BUT I don't think she is over with any of this. Her dad (it seems) funded her payment? If so she'll just keep going....and going.....and going.

What a sad life.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

Now I CAN emotional close this thread. I'm frankly glad she had to pay BUT I don't think she is over with any of this. Her dad (it seems) funded her payment? If so she'll just keep going....and going.....and going.

What a sad life.

The DZ should file a lawsuit to retrieve their losses. Malicious legal action against them.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Trafficdiver

I've said this before in this thread and I'll say it again. This is not about her being bothered by an airplane. This is about a leftist using the government to destroy a legitimate business. Her and all of her supporters are far left wing activists.

This is really a fight about free market capitalism.

How odd. When I opened Oceanside I was fought by the right wing faction of the city council.

Politics isn't in play here.

Did this guy miss the court cases?!

http://www.timescall.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/ci_31359376/ed-ruskus-skydiving-planes-are-ruining-homeowners-weekends

I live south of Longmont in Boulder County. I've lived there since Jan. 1, 1993.

The noise from the planes that the jumpers use on the weekends is out of control. This past Sunday was the last straw, they buzz my home every 20 minutes as they leave Vance Brand Airport then circle around my home again to gain altitude. They started at 7:30 a.m. and ended when the weather got bad. On a nice day they will go until sunset.

This cannot continue. They've ruined my Saturdays and Sundays at home. They have a right to be in business but not to take away the sanctity of my home. I do not live near the airport. What if I went to the owner's home and flew a drone over it every 20 minutes? I'm sure the cops would be called for harassment. Why isn't this considered harassment?

This past Sunday they were running two planes at once. It's just unbelievable. How can they be allowed to do this? I've called and talked to the people who answer, who I will say are very nice, but nothing ever changes.

If my dog barked excessively, or my music was too loud or I rode my motorcycle up and down the street every 20 minutes, I'm sure the sheriff would be at my home. I don't know what to do, I'm getting desperate.

The Longmont City Council doesn't seem to care, the airport manager apparently doesn't, and the owners of the Mile High Skydiving apparently don't.

I have lived in my home for almost 30 years. These guys showed up around 2007, I think. We as a community need help.

Ed Ruskus

Longmont

Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

cpoxon

Did this guy miss the court cases?!

http://www.timescall.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/ci_31359376/ed-ruskus-skydiving-planes-are-ruining-homeowners-weekends

I live south of Longmont in Boulder County. I've lived there since Jan. 1, 1993.

The noise from the planes that the jumpers use on the weekends is out of control. This past Sunday was the last straw, they buzz my home every 20 minutes as they leave Vance Brand Airport then circle around my home again to gain altitude. They started at 7:30 a.m. and ended when the weather got bad. On a nice day they will go until sunset.

This cannot continue. They've ruined my Saturdays and Sundays at home. They have a right to be in business but not to take away the sanctity of my home. I do not live near the airport. What if I went to the owner's home and flew a drone over it every 20 minutes? I'm sure the cops would be called for harassment. Why isn't this considered harassment?

This past Sunday they were running two planes at once. It's just unbelievable. How can they be allowed to do this? I've called and talked to the people who answer, who I will say are very nice, but nothing ever changes.

If my dog barked excessively, or my music was too loud or I rode my motorcycle up and down the street every 20 minutes, I'm sure the sheriff would be at my home. I don't know what to do, I'm getting desperate.

The Longmont City Council doesn't seem to care, the airport manager apparently doesn't, and the owners of the Mile High Skydiving apparently don't.

I have lived in my home for almost 30 years. These guys showed up around 2007, I think. We as a community need help.

Ed Ruskus

Longmont

This will be a CQS scrote renewing the attack.

The editor needs to close this correspondence.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

This will be a CQS scrote renewing the attack.

The editor needs to close this correspondence.

Yes, just another proxy-complainer for Gibbs. Since she doesn't even live in Longmont, (or even near an airport), she uses grumps who actually have a Longmont address to make complaints.
According to some googling, this guy is in his 60's and lives 1.5 miles South of the city limits, (the airport is on the West side), which puts him 4 miles from the airport.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Cant believe this thread has not been updated in 6 months and is on page 7 in this Forum.

is there any news or updates on this at all?? has any money been paid over yet?? or has the DZ received any payment yet??

be nice to get the latest news if there is any B|B|B|

Blue skies and save landings

chuckakers

Why does the local newspaper continue to give this woman a platform for such things? Maybe Mile Hi should start naming the paper in the next lawsuit.

The city has said her claims have no merit.
The FAA has said her claims have no merit.
The courts have repeatedly said her claims have no merit, to the point where she had to cover the defendants costs.
But somehow, the newspaper seems to think her claims have enough merit to earn space. And the is no place for comments.... WTF?

And isn't she in violation of the court order with this? Didn't the judge order everyone to play nice from now on?

Jump more, post less!

topdocker

Why does the local newspaper continue to give this woman a platform for such things? Maybe Mile Hi should start naming the paper in the next lawsuit.

The city has said her claims have no merit.
The FAA has said her claims have no merit.
The courts have repeatedly said her claims have no merit, to the point where she had to cover the defendants costs.
But somehow, the newspaper seems to think her claims have enough merit to earn space. And the is no place for comments.... WTF?

And isn't she in violation of the court order with this? Didn't the judge order everyone to play nice from now on?

Newspapers - and all the media for that matter - are in the business of exploiting titillating stories for advertising dollars. Nothing more, nothing less.

The editors of this newspaper don't see this as giving an overplayed nutjob exposure beyond her relevance. They see it as a way to keep the story alive in hopes of selling their increasingly irrelevant product.

It's important to understand that much of the general public sees the news as news. Many (most?) in the media see the general public as useful idiots who keep their paychecks coming.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX