stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

I've said this before in this thread and I'll say it again. This is not about her being bothered by an airplane. This is about a leftist using the government to destroy a legitimate business. Her and all of her supporters are far left wing activists.

I tend to agree, but this may be more of SC discussion at this point.
=========Shaun ==========

I'm going to see a doctor.....

I only come to dz.com to check on this thread. When I see a new post I get all excited. I hope this is when someone says she lost and she's writing checks...actually paying for something.

I have no idea why it matters other than its so apparent that she just isn't going to be happy unless she shuts the dz down and I guess I want the courts to handle it.....

It sure has taken a long time....and I'm still waiting
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Unstable

I've said this before in this thread and I'll say it again. This is not about her being bothered by an airplane. This is about a leftist using the government to destroy a legitimate business. Her and all of her supporters are far left wing activists.

Well I'm banned from SC so....:|

Trafficdiver

I'm not surprised, with the BS you just posted here.

Would she not need some quite significant funding for this? Is there no calling time on her for wasting other people's time and money?

Quite possibly! But I'm more inclined to believe "the cause" is more important and she'll find a way somehow...even if it means taking on more debt.

Trafficdiver

This is really a fight about free market capitalism.

Bullshit!
This is one woman obsessed with hatred of *all* aviation, who managed to find few partially sympathetic friends on the Internet. Just watch her FB & Twitter pages, and you will see she posts news stories about any kind of aviation accident anywhere in the US, as well as any news stories about complaints over airliner noise (especially FAA NextGen route changes). How is that related to skydiving? It isn't. She just hates aviation.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

headoverheels

I'm not surprised, with the BS you just posted here.

Your opinion means a lot to me. I will really sit an ponder this brilliant retort. I may actually kill myself after pondering the sheer weight and brilliance of your reply. You are the smartest person in the entire world...no no solar system if you count the people orbiting us now. Please let me publish this great work of yours.

ryoder

***I've said this before in this thread and I'll say it again. This is not about her being bothered by an airplane. This is about a leftist using the government to destroy a legitimate business. Her and all of her supporters are far left wing activists.

Bullshit!
This is one woman obsessed with hatred of *all* aviation, who managed to few partially sympathetic friends on the Internet. Just watch her FB & Twitter pages, and you will see she posts news stories about any kind of aviation accident anywhere in the US, as well as any news stories about complaints over airliner noise (especially FAA NextGen route changes). How is that related to skydiving? It isn't. She just hates aviation.

Her hatred of aviation and capitalism are not independent of each other. She is trying to find any way possible to crush this business and who know, if she find a sympathetic judge, she may do it. Although I doubt it as much as you do.

Some courts order the loser to pay all court costs.

In my case, a Crown Attorney (defence) stammered "We are okay with Mr. Dause's maintenance program." [after his plane crashed].
Lawyers for the prosecution requested an adjournment because they were not prepared for this change in pleas.
The judge reminded CA that they would have to pay any additional court costs caused by the adjournment. The delay lasted 15 months.
I am not sure which was worse: the lengthy delay or starving for 15 months??????????

To me one of the weakest parts of our system is how long this can drag out and of course the cost. If someone DOESN'T have to pay the cost of the winning side than just the cost of defending can make people settle.

I was in that position once, paid $15,000 on a case I could win but the likely cost for me to defend was possibly over $100,000.

That was one of the hardest checks I've ever written.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Trafficdiver

So, banned from SC Huh? Hmmm? I can't imagine why. Look, please don't insult leftists by comparing them to Kimmie. They do NOT deserve that. The Gibbster is a true Nut Job. It has nothing to do with her political views. ;)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

1001001sos

I thought this had all been settled and she lost.....

Trial: lost.

Appellate court: lost.

CO Supreme Court: waiting to see if they take it.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Boomerdog

No matter. If the CO Supreme Court does not take the case, she goes to a Federal Lawsuit. If the CO Supreme Court takes the case and rules against her, she'll still "take it federal"...

I don't think that's an option.

If she tried to file essentially the same suit in Federal Court, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work.
Jurisdiction issues, diversity issues, all that.
It's a state case.

There's maybe an argument that the FAA rules are federal, but she's not suing the FAA.

trafficdiver

What are you basing this assumption on?

I don't see this as a "left/right" issue.

I haven't seen any of her rantings and ravings show any strong liberal tendencies.

Selfish, yes.

Obsessive, yes.

Irrational, yes.

Liberal? I don't see it.

Or is it just a matter that you don't like her, and since you also don't like 'far left wing activists', she must be one?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I don't think that's an option.

If she tried to file essentially the same suit in Federal Court, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work.
Jurisdiction issues, diversity issues, all that.
It's a state case.

There's maybe an argument that the FAA rules are federal, but she's not suing the FAA.

She's already engaged her Congress critter and other critters that might be sympathetic to her cause and a larger constituency of like mind.

I don't disagree with you based upon the rational arguments and points but when was "rational" ever a factor in her argument? She's a nuisance litigant who feels the world should adjust to her view, values, accommodations, comfort, and convenience

She'll find an angle, however weak or superfluous to carry on her quest. And when she ultimately loses and gets her house and other assets seized to pay the legal bills, this will only reinforce her martyrdom and victimhood. It doesn't stop with people of such a mindset.

Todays new Kimmie whine on FB:

"More unregulated aviation noise coming to Boulder County."

With link to this story: http://www.timescall.com/top-stories/ci_31012016/boulder-transport-takes-skies-and-slopes-helicopter-fleet

And note she is whining in the comments below.

Note this has nothing to do with skydiving, nor the Longmont Airport;
It is about the audacity of aircraft using the Boulder Airport without getting her permission.:S

(She is about ~4 miles East of Boulder Airport, and ~6 miles South of Longmont Airport.)