stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

JerryBaumchen

Hi mirage,

Whens' she got to start paying?

She never has to start paying. That is not a part of a court order. It will be up to the dz to do what they can to get the money from her.

I once had to garnish a credit union account to collect.

Jerry Baumchen

Per this post the court has the money already as was required to appeal.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4748810#4748810
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I would think that they would have a certain amount of time to appeal the LAST ruling. Once that time is out than I guess they get the money unless the courts take the appeal.

SOMEBODY is paying a lot of money to the lawyers.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

So the goofy bitch is not willing to give up! Here's the copy of the email I got a bit earlier this evening.
The attachment is the screenshot of it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Supreme Court Appeal
Many, many thanks to everyone who contributed to the Quiet Skies legal fund. Because of your ongoing financial support, we will be able to seek an appeal with the Colorado Supreme Court and also fund various other initiatives. We simply couldn't have done this without the generous support from our neighbors throughout Boulder County.

Quiet Skies Meeting
Please join us at this important meeting to determine next steps and strategy. Your participation is crucial in moving forward. We cannot afford to sit around feeling defeated, and we do have options.

Quiet Skies Meeting
Longmont Public Library
Saturday, January 28th
10:00 - 11:00 am

News and Editorials

2017/01/06 Times Call Letter: Paul Sperry: To solve Longmont airplane noise problem, seek common ground

I'm a new Longmont resident who has been monitoring the ongoing airport noise issue with an eye toward a mutually workable solution. This problem will only become worse as both our population and the number of skydivers increases.
As a former military and research flyer, I understand aviation indignation with people who move near the airport, then complain about the noise. And yet as a homeowner who in the summer cannot escape the incessant noise from above, I find reasonable limits to noise pollution no less compelling than clean air or water. We sometimes have to cease guest conversations for 10 seconds even within our own home.
Like fracking and GMOs, the noise issue is complex and elicits expert opinions from both sides. Jurisdictional uncertainties between Mile-Hi Skydiving, Vance Brand Airport, the FAA and Longmont's City Council further complicate a solution.
There will always be rationale given in support of the noise. Some pilots, like car and motorcycle aficionados, thrill at the roar and vibration of turbocharged engines. Aircraft manufacturers likely find noise the necessary byproduct of power, weight and efficiency designs. But there are aircraft/engine combinations more suited for residential operation.
As a starting point, we might seek an ordinance stating our community intention to begin moving toward more moderate noise levels. These guidelines would address takeoff times, flight patterns and throttle settings while alerting aircraft manufacturers to growing markets for quieter aircraft. Such approaches long ago reduced commercial aviation noise levels from the early days of the turbojet.
It is in everyone's best interest to view each other as fellow residents, not adversarie
Paul Sperry
Longmont

Many thanks,
Kimberly Gibbs
Chairman and Founder, Citizens For Quiet Skies
Boulder County, Colorado

Gibbs is The Black Knight from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail";
No matter how many limbs are severed, she will never understand she has been defeated.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Many, many thanks to everyone who contributed to the Quiet Skies legal fund. Because of your ongoing financial support, we will be able to seek an appeal with the Colorado Supreme Court and also fund various other initiatives. We simply couldn't have done this without the generous support from our neighbors throughout Boulder County.

So is she raising funds....or is she saying she has the funds? If she has the money she goes BACK to the courts - or ask the court to review it. The court can so take a hike, or accept? How long does it generally take to get in front of the court?

dpreguy

... In my humble opinion, the Ct Appeals did not have to make a remand/reconsideration of the atty fee award on Respondeat Superior, as there was no award made to plaintiffs. ...

In my post above (#1811) I noted that they did get attorney fees for having to defend the RS claim, and the remand to the trial court was to have the trial judge provide the reasons for awarding attorney fees for defending that claim. It's for just a couple thousand $, so I do wonder if MHS will just concede that part of the award to avoid likely expending an nearly an equivalent amount to re-litigate the issue. (OTOH, it would also cost Quiet Skies to re-litigate it, so if MHS is sure they will win, maybe worth doing to make QS pay the cost).

Noise complaints at KLMO:
2015: 90 people made 969 complaints
2016: 33 people made 257 complaints

Source: http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_30793374/longmont-airport-noise-complaints-plummet-2016
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am pretty sure a lot of the takeoff and landing numbers are made up or embellished. Same in Z-Hills...they know how many aircraft, that is easy, but they stretch the operations to look good fro govt grant money and such.

Z-Hills published something like 80,000 movements a few years ago...given that we do 6000-7000 of those and we are the largest operation at the airport, I think it is a stretch to say 80000 is even remotely close to accurate. But I may be wrong. We just do nto seem to be very busy there.

ryoder

Source: http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_30793374/longmont-airport-noise-complaints-plummet-2016

Sounds like CQS should be happy with that progression instead of going for zero tolerance. Now STFU Kimmy and go away. :|

You know I think I have a problem....I love checking for this thread to see if anything has happen....I keep coming back to hear she has had to start paying....that's all I want....is for money to start flowing.....

I'd say the steam has run out of her steam boat though....complaints are way down as is the average. Maybe people are just getting tired of her?

ryoder

That means that the Wicked Witch of Longmont... I mean "Kimmie's" efforts have been successful. Congratulation Kimmie!! Your efforts have resulted in less noise complaints. From these numbers, we can also deduce that the noise has been mitigated. Great job Mile High.

So, now we can all stop checking this post for updates...... :ph34r:

... alternative facts based on actual numbers. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Stumpy

Agree.

Whats the latest? Is there another appeal or something?

Appellate Court sent it back down to original court to clear up a minor detail that really makes no difference. See post #1816 for an analysis by DPREguy (who is a CO attorney): http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4829495#4829495

Appellate Court decision: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/20th_Judicial_District/Cases_of_Interest/Gibbs%20v%20Mile%20Hi%20Skydiving/COA%20No%2015CA1159%20Judgment%20Affirmed.pdf

Petition for Certiorari to the Colorado Supreme Court, dated 2017-03-02: http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Petition-for-Certiorari-3.2.17.pdf
:S

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_30848826/citizens-quiet-skies-files-colorado-supreme-court-review

ryoder

Please, Colorado Supreme Court, slap her in the face and kick her dumb ass out. :S

skyjumpenfool

I've got a nice crispy new twenty dollar bill that says The CO Supreme Court doesn't even take this case.

That is what I'm expecting;
But it would be nice to see her get slapped down by a third court.>:(