stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

kallend

Does Mile-Hi have a boogie? If so, I might fly out for it. I'd do a bit of aerial sightseeing from my Mooney too.

Might want to keep your prop full forward... ya know, just in case.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I don't remember seeing this... sorry if it's a repost.
http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_29570703/longmont-airport-noise-complaints-down

"Airport proponents continue to point out in airport advisory board and City Council meetings that a large portion of the complaints are still made by a very small number of people. In 2014, 52 percent of the complaints were made by one person and another 28 percent of the complaints were made by nine other people. In 2015, 27 percent of the complaints were made by one person and another 33 percent of complaints were made by four other people."
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

skyjumpenfool

I don't remember seeing this... sorry if it's a repost.
http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_29570703/longmont-airport-noise-complaints-down

"Airport proponents continue to point out in airport advisory board and City Council meetings that a large portion of the complaints are still made by a very small number of people. In 2014, 52 percent of the complaints were made by one person and another 28 percent of the complaints were made by nine other people. In 2015, 27 percent of the complaints were made by one person and another 33 percent of complaints were made by four other people."

Yeah, that's old news. They've already been discredited for trying to pump up the number of complaints.

nolhtairt

Yeah, that's old news. They've already been discredited for trying to pump up the number of complaints.

I know they were called out on this several times in the past. However, this was POSTED: 02/27/2016 03:27:46 PM MST so it's another attempt at the same crapp. Judging by the comments, they are not recieving any more support.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

skyjumpenfool

I know they were called out on this several times in the past. However, this was POSTED: 02/27/2016 03:27:46 PM MST so it's another attempt at the same crapp. Judging by the comments, they are not recieving any more support.

Good. Everybody knows what they're about. Now its just a matter of turning a deaf ear to the bullshit, or telling them to SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

theonlyski

***Does Mile-Hi have a boogie? If so, I might fly out for it. I'd do a bit of aerial sightseeing from my Mooney too.

Might want to keep your prop full forward... ya know, just in case.

Indeed! You never know when that extra RPM will come in handy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The link will open a city commission meeting video, you need to fast forward to 29:30 to watch this part that pertains to this topic. Now you understand you'll have to watch some really stupid ass comments not only from Kim Gibbs, but her two cheerleading commissioners as well as additional general public. However it will later become clear that mayor Coombs and another comissioner as well as th city mgr and airport mgr all have a clue as to the law as its been explained to them by counsel and the FAA. In fact the mayor gives a pretty good speach, and the others all make pretty good comments about those fact too. it is worth the watching if you really want to understand what is going on here and who is acting the fools.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8A0A5EA9A2D2CD5C&index=1&v=UxjjS2UwMzo
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

That poor commission, I feel for them having to endure so much insanity and misunderstanding of aviation and contract law.

How the hell did Ms. Peck get on ANY council?
:S "You've tied our fingers!"

For that community, I really hope other business is handled much more efficiently.

Polly Christensen: "We have noise rules for the city and we have noise rules for the county..."

Conveniently ignoring the fact the county rules explicitly exempt aviation, and the city rules don't mention it at all.:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Heh. The F18s were taking off out of Broomfield yesterday. The 5 I heard take off sounded like they were tearing the sky a new asshole, and they were being pretty restrained about their takeoffs. They should come pay Vance Brand a visit for a few days!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

Heh. The F18s were taking off out of Broomfield yesterday. The 5 I heard take off sounded like they were tearing the sky a new asshole, and they were being pretty restrained about their takeoffs. They should come pay Vance Brand a visit for a few days!

I heard the gawdawful racket, (I'm 3 miles from KBJC), but didn't see them.
I suspected it was the F-18's again.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I know what you mean. That is 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. People really have a difficult time with the supremacy clause -- FAA controls the navigable airspace, airports and the airspace necessary to land at those airports. Trying to impose local limits on lawful aviation activities is a waste of oxygen. But, Kimmie continues to serve as an oxygen robber.
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures