stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Amazon

***One of the very few places I LOVE the comments section!
:D:D:D

That RUseriousBolder is such a meanie;);)

I was sitting next to him for much of the trial.
He is much nicer in person.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And the whining takes another angle: https://www.change.org/p/members-of-congress-urge-congress-to-adopt-regulations-to-reduce-airplane-noise

#7 is a dilly; That would
- Prohibit crossing the Continental Divide anywhere in CO.
- Shutdown all CO mountain airports.
- Ban any emergency medical flights in the CO mountains.
- Ban use of aircraft in fighting CO mountain forest fires.
:S:S:S:S:S:S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JerryBaumchen

Hi Robert,

the whining takes another angle

The article lists Molalla, OR. The only airport near Molalla is the Skydive Oregon dz. That is a private airport; wholly owned by the dz.

Jerry Baumchen

Kimmy doesn't care! If she gets her way (and she won't) She'd close every airport in the world.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

During the past year, the national news has been filled with stories about FAA's reckless implementation of NextGen air traffic control, impacting people near many major commercial airports, including Boston, Phoenix, Charlotte, Palo Alto, and the New York City area. NextGen switches air-traffic control from a ground-based system to a satellite-based one. As a result, commercial jets fly within a concentrated aviation superhighway rather than being dispersed over a wider area. Most significantly, the FAA is using NextGen to implement immediate turns upon departure (Grand Ave Phoenix being the most extreme example.)

I don't know about that. STARs and SIDs aside, direct routing is much more likely enroute with GPS navigation than it ever was with VORs which cuts down the 'highways' utilization and spreads it out much more.

Also, didn't Skydive Tecumseh shut down after some dispute with the airport owner?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

Also, didn't Skydive Tecumseh shut down after some dispute with the airport owner?

That airport is private property, open to the public.
It was sold to a new owner who decided he didn't want skydiving there.
Of course the difference between privately owned airport, and a publicly owned one, is lost on Kimmy.

kallend

It is a lame attempt to conceal her real anti-Mile-Hi agenda within something that appears to have a more general and national scope. Altogether too transparent.

Can't MHS start suing them for harassment at this point? (along with asking for the money for the last lawsuit)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

It is a lame attempt to conceal her real anti-Mile-Hi agenda within something that appears to have a more general and national scope. Altogether too transparent.

Yes. But now we see deliberate "mission creep" by CQS to the rest of the country. In the case of NorCal Skydiving in Cloverdale, CA, the DZO is facing a two sided assault 1) from a small noisy bunch in the community and 2) a developer who wants the City of Cloverdale to take the airport through eminent domain in order to put a resort in right next to the airport. Air traffic would propose a safety hazard to the resort. This may all be moot given the fact that the forest fires in that region do provide Cal Division of Forestry to park some of their smaller aircraft at Cloverdale. The Cloverdale Airport, however has received over $1M in FAA funding during it's operational history. Local press reports on the DZ indicate the DZO has sunk his life savings into NorCal Skydiving.

I'm all for discretion but if whoever runs USPA Airport Access Defense is not involved at this point, they should be. I have to be optimistic that they are. Longmount and Mile-Hi Skydiving just might become "ground zero" for the sport and it becomes much more problematic if this issue is not contained and halted in Colorado.

Boomerdog

Longmount and Mile-Hi Skydiving just might become "ground zero" for the sport and it becomes much more problematic if this issue is not contained and halted in Colorado.

It has been contained and halted.... someone just needs to explain this to Kimmy and her Minions. That will not, apparently, be easy.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

skyjumpenfool

*** Longmount and Mile-Hi Skydiving just might become "ground zero" for the sport and it becomes much more problematic if this issue is not contained and halted in Colorado.

It has been contained and halted.... someone just needs to explain this to Kimmy and her Minions. That will not, apparently, be easy.

The court case is on appeal;
The city officials are still falling over themselves trying to placate the head case instead of being firm with her;
The new airport manager has sent out a notice to pilots telling them to avoid flying over "sensitive areas", i.e. Kimmy's neighborhood.

I would hardly call it "halted".

ryoder

The court case is on appeal;
The city officials are still falling over themselves trying to placate the head case instead of being firm with her;
The new airport manager has sent out a notice to pilots telling them to avoid flying over "sensitive areas", i.e. Kimmy's neighborhood.

I would hardly call it "halted".

Not just the new airport manager at KLMO. Neighboring airports have sent out similar messages. No one likes a pain in the ass and it appears her pain in the assness is spreading.
http://files.ctctcdn.com/da41ffa3101/703e71bc-6188-4477-ad4d-ad2299c1bbe9.pdf

It is really sad that Tim Barth (who managed KLMO for 18 years), left. He struck me as a straight shooter that told it like it is, regardless of what the listener wanted to hear. But he had his fill of the city council not backing him up, so he left.

The city council seems to operate under the delusion that trying to placate Gibbs will make her go away, when in fact it just encourages her to demand more. They all need to grow spines.

I still think one call to John Elway could fix all of this.

Its a well known fact Coloradans love the Broncos. The Thunderstorm jumps every game promoting our sport ever home game @ Mile High Stadium or whatever they call it now in front of 50,000 screaming fans. John Elway is the GM of the Broncos and could probably run for Governor of CO and he'd probably win 90% of the vote.

Well just have John Elway and his Broncos do some kind of public service announcement at the stadium when the Thunderstorm jumps in. Get the public support behind Mile-Hi saying something like the Thunderstorm is being threatened by the evil Kimmy and BAM John Elway quashes the Kimmy Longmont threat!

Ok back to your regular programming! Go Raiders!! Haha :)

Today's installment of the nutcase's propaganda!! And it's surprisingly short!

Hello Friends,

We've been working on the petition below for a while, and it is now live on http://change.org. This is a nationwide effort to gain support for reasonable regulations to reduce airplane noise. Please take a moment to read and sign the petition, then share it with your friends and neighbors both near and far. We are focusing on the petition and FAA Reauthorization for the next couple of months.

Many thanks to Jeff Lewis at Aviation Impact Reform (aireform.com) and Len Schaier at QuietSkies.net for their contributions to this effort.
-Kim

Petition to Urge Congress to adopt regulations to REDUCE AIRPLANE NOISE (LINK; https://www.change.org/p/members-of-congress-urge-congress-to-adopt-regulations-to-reduce-airplane-noise?recruiter=31196273&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive )

Looks like they're getting support from the old "Stop Eagles Nest Airport" crew (who has since changed their name to Clean Safe Quiet Skies Over West Creek). Clicky who are probably close to equally as annoying though not yet to my knowledge, in court.

Sarah Collins WEST CREEK, NJ about 3 hours ago Liked 0
I have to listen to airplanes all weekend long. The place I bought for peace and quiet is no longer. This affects my mental health as well as the property value of my home.

West Creek, NJ is less than 10 mins from Eagles Nest airport. I've been personally called out on their facebook more than once, and I am always surprised when I haven't been banned, but they are pretty quick to delete things.

The petition has been there for 3 days on a nationally known website and she has gathered 276 supporters. Out of a nation with 318,900,000 people.

I'm betting she won't even hit a 1000.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”