stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Boomerdog

there's no reasoning with stupid.

Actually, one can reason with stupid. It's unproductive and I would advise the one doing the reasoning to call ahead to the local asylum and reserve a rubber room. They're going to need it.:(

Don't forget the rubber ducky or the choo choo train.... or a strait jacket.

yoink

The way I read it was that she's receiving cheques, but her thank you notes aren't getting out.

Not quite as good as her not getting the cash.

Nope-that's just an indirect way of inquiring if checks are being sent. Another oar in the river of deNile.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

And once again, the Times-Call publishes yet another article about the whiners: http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28629997/boulder-county-quiet-skies-groups-sets-meetings-longmont:S

And the TC just deleted all the comments.
2 more have shown up.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

For reference: The newspaper's picture of her holding the envelopes is from the time of the trial; not now. The use of this old photo is inappropriate because it shows a lot of envelopes and it implies, I think, that she has present and continuing post trial support for her cause and her appeal.

dpreguy

For reference: The newspaper's picture of her holding the envelopes is from the time of the trial; not now. The use of this old photo is inappropriate because it shows a lot of envelopes and it implies, I think, that she has present and continuing post trial support for her cause and her appeal.

The comments below the picture tell a much different tale. People are tired of her foolishness. ;)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

billvon

"Please let me know right away if you mailed a check and did not receive a thank you note from me. The Longmont rural postal delivery has been unreliable for nearly a month and I have reported concerns to the post office."

Uh oh. Could the post office be next? "I can't enjoy my home with the post office losing thousands of my letters every day! And yet the mail trucks that thunder by my home every day leave me nearly deaf. Please join me in a new lawsuit to protect responsible homeowners who just want to receive their important mail in peace."

maybe someone from mile-hi could pick up her mail at the post office and skydive down into her back yard with it...
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Just called the congressman's office and spoke to a very nice woman who answered the phone. I informed her of my displeasure in his alignment with this group and my commitment to donate considerable sums of money to any opponent who challenges him in the next election.

I cited interference with general aviation and interstate commerce among other things.

Here's his number.

Jared Polis
(202) 225-2161

Yeah I left a vm as he is my congressman too, simply urging him to do a bit more research (or to call me for the short version) before allowing himself to be aligned with such an entitled, short-sighted, and selfish group of people. I'd just like for him to see Kimsanity's taped interviews and that video she herself made as "evidence", surely that will make him run away far and fast.
Roll Tide Roll

lifewithoutanet

Just called the congressman's office and spoke to a very nice woman who answered the phone. I informed her of my displeasure in his alignment with this group and my commitment to donate considerable sums of money to any opponent who challenges him in the next election.

I cited interference with general aviation and interstate commerce among other things.

Here's his number.

Jared Polis
(202) 225-2161

I've sent Polis email before, and am on his mailing list, and subscribed to his Twitter feed.
I just sent him an email with a synopsis of Batshit Lady, and links to the court orders.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

skyjumpenfool

There's some discussion suggesting Kimmey may be, once again, spreading misinformation to appease her nut-job followers. I'll be surprised if the congressmen has even heard of CQS's.

She has claimed recently that she and her minions met with *aids* to Polis, so if that actually occurred, I would expect he is aware of it. Hopefully, the same aids have done some research.

BTW I read something in a TC comment today that I thought was a mistake.
Some research showed it was correct.
Jared Polis represents the CO 2nd Congressional district.
Boulder County is in the 2nd district, except for the Northeast corner where Longmont is located.
So he does not represent Longmont, but the LMO Parachute Operations Area (aka the "flight box", aka the "Otter Box"), are in Boulder county.

Posted by QuietSkies (AKA Kimmey) in the comments...

"We were very pleased today to receive confirmation that Congressman Polis has joined the Quiet Skies Congressional Caucus. This is great news, and a direct result of outreach efforts from our supporters. Thanks everyone!"

Translation, Congressman Polis joined this group http://quigley.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/quigley-announces-quiet-skies-caucus-to-combat-aircraft-noise and that does not mean he supports Kimmey and her nut-jobs. Thus, the allegations that she is, once again, misrepresenting the truth. Plus, there is no proof that her group was responsible for the congressman's joining the caucus (if he did indeed join). Note, I did not see his name on the list of supporters???? [:/]

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Yes, I was doing some digging on that yesterday.
It appears to have been created by 4 Congressmen in the NY area last fall, and has a couple dozen members now.
As far as I can tell, they are focused on commercial carriers operating out of major airports.

ryoder

*** Just called the congressman's office and spoke to a very nice woman who answered the phone. I informed her of my displeasure in his alignment with this group and my commitment to donate considerable sums of money to any opponent who challenges him in the next election.

Here's his number.

Jared Polis
(202) 225-2161

I've sent Polis email before, and am on his mailing list, and subscribed to his Twitter feed.
I just sent him an email with a synopsis of Batshit Lady, and links to the court orders.

did you ever get any replies?
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone