stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Here's the email I just received a little while ago! The question I have now is, if that guy lived in the departure patterns at Laguardia, what the hell does he want? I think he just wants everyone to be as miserable as they are!
** Note I'm adding the links beside the titles, in the email, those links were inline text clicky links.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

EDITORIALS - Sunday, Aug. 9
Many thanks to all who have taken the time to write letters to the newspaper and call the TC-Line! Please take a moment to Like the editorials and add a supporting comment. Keep the letters flowing!

1. Keep going, Quiet Skies (link for that story; http://www.timescall.com/opinion/letterstotheeditor/ci_28607867/stephen-henninger-keep-going-quiet-skies )

Fight on, Quiet Skies. Our world is making a racket in the modern age. The beauty of silence and quiet is widely ignored— even embraced by the inconsiderate.

The Twin Otter jump plane is one noisy machine in its climbs with heavy loads. It is involved in a sport, not a particularly essential or noble undertaking. It is a machine that could be modernized with better propellers and engines, but cranks along on older technology.

Living as I did beneath the departure patterns near LaGuardia Airport, I know the racket of older aircraft, the mess they made of dinner conversation and the shaking of china on the shelves. But at least those flights had destinations and purpose for travelers and commerce. Skydiving operations are simply for fun, which is fine, but it ruins the peace across the land— over and over again all day. All for sport. Even the Grand Canyon is respected more than Longmont and Niwot with its quieter tourist overflights.
For those that say noise is no big deal, that there are more important issues in our world, they just don’t seem to get it, or more likely simply don’t want to.

So keep going Quiet Skies. You have been abused by an arrogant judgment against you, and you are the recipient of scorn by an uncaring element of the public and judicial abuses alike.

America kinder and gentler? Far from it these days.

Stephen Henninger
Firestone

2. Aviation Impact Reform: UPDATE: Citizens for Quiet Skies Legal Action in Longmont, CO (Link; http://aireform.com/update-citizens-for-quiet-skies-legal-action-in-longmont-co/ )

TAKE ACTION
Write a letter to the editor. Send your thoughtful letter, 300 words or less (be sure to include your address and phone number), to:
Times Call: [email protected]
Daily Camera: [email protected]

Pressed for time? Call the TC-Line and leave a comment: 720-494-5485

w.linkedin.com/in/kimberlygibbs

UPDATE: Citizens for Quiet Skies Legal Action in Longm...
In her decision on May 21st, U.S. District Court Judge LaBuda sided with Mile-Hi Skydiving. At the root of Judge LaBuda’s decision was a total deference to FAA, the...
View on aireform.com (Link; http://aireform.com/update-citizens-for-quiet-skies-legal-action-in-longmont-co/ )

Preview by Yahoo

Jumpdude

UPDATE: Citizens for Quiet Skies Legal Action in Longm...
In her decision on May 21st, U.S. District Court Judge LaBuda sided with Mile-Hi Skydiving. At the root of Judge LaBuda’s decision was a total deference to FAA, the...
View on aireform.com (Link; http://aireform.com/update-citizens-for-quiet-skies-legal-action-in-longmont-co/ )

From that link:

In June, Judge LaBuda awarded nearly $68,000 to Mile-Hi for supposedly “reasonable costs.” These costs included $40,000 for Mile-Hi’s noise expert, and costs incurred for defense counsel Anthony Leffert to fly to California and sit next to the noise expert during his deposition. Adding insult to injury, two months after the trial’s conclusion the Judge went further and granted another $48,000 in “attorney fees” to Mile-Hi Skydiving, opining that the lawsuit was ‘frivolous’ and agreeing that the plaintiffs should be punished for some of the claims that were dismissed prior to trial. The plaintiffs must now submit 125% of the awarded amount to the court until the appeal is concluded – $145,000 in total.

That surprises me. I thought they were supposed to pay it to MHS, not to the court.
Can any of the legal professionals comment on this?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I guess the court is just going to... hold it for them... or something? Also, wouldn't they normally just want the full amount? Is she planning to tack on more? Because our parking lot and road out to the pick-up area sure could use some paving!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Think "in escrow." The court holds the money so that they are certain that CQS isn't using an appeal as a tactic to get out of paying. They don't give it to MHS until the appeal is done so if CQS gets the ruling reversed, they can get the money back easily.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Andy9o8

Why you people re-publishing their bullshit? So it can get even more Google hits? You're enabling the weird kid in the back of the classroom who wants bad attention.

It's so we can make fun of and ridicule the weird kid in the back of the classroom. Maybe she'll blow a fuse someday and everybody within CQS will back off and stop helping her.

Ridiculing is fun.

nolhtairt

***Why you people re-publishing their bullshit? So it can get even more Google hits? You're enabling the weird kid in the back of the classroom who wants bad attention.

It's so we can make fun of and ridicule the weird kid in the back of the classroom. Maybe she'll blow a fuse someday and everybody within CQS will back off and stop helping her.

Ridiculing is fun.

Where's the "Like" button??:D

nolhtairt

Ridiculing is fun.

But counter-productive.

If you want to ridicule her in a productive way, write to the publication that she's encouraging her supporters to write to. Send pictures. Explain the joy you get out of skydiving.

It won't take many pro-MHS letters to be published until she drops that avenue of attack.

So maybe there's one kid in the classroom that gets ridiculed. Based on class size 1/30? 1/25? 1/20? Now extend that to a community. So there is a statistical possibility that some of your neighbors got bullied in school way back when and still carry that chip on their shoulders AND they just happen to be the ones who don't like DeHavilland Otters and Skydivers. So why put the energy in ridicule? Kimmy and and her crew (I could write Kimmy and her Klan but I won't) ain't giving up. Today Longmount, tomorrow who's next? Maybe they were class runts in the past but that matters little now that they're making life hell for MHS and potentially the rest of us. Put the energy in the stuff that'll stop her once and for all.

nolhtairt

***Why you people re-publishing their bullshit? So it can get even more Google hits? You're enabling the weird kid in the back of the classroom who wants bad attention.

It's so we can make fun of and ridicule the weird kid in the back of the classroom. Maybe she'll blow a fuse someday

Those are the people who commit mass murders. Why do you support the creation of mass murderers?

Take note of the name of the place where she just happens to live. Coincidence? I think not.

Andy9o8

******Why you people re-publishing their bullshit? So it can get even more Google hits? You're enabling the weird kid in the back of the classroom who wants bad attention.

It's so we can make fun of and ridicule the weird kid in the back of the classroom. Maybe she'll blow a fuse someday

Those are the people who commit mass murders. Why do you support the creation of mass murderers?

Take note of the name of the place where she just happens to live. Coincidence? I think not.

I've long suspected the people who settled there, chose that name just to annoy the hell out of the Boulderites.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have a solution to all of this.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4410959426001/lawyer-proposes-trial-by-combat-to-settle-lawsuit/?intcmp=hpvid1&playlist_id=trending#sp=show-clips

If this goes through it will be the best thing to ever happen in the history of the country. It will totally change the legal system, and for the better I might add. Personally I think it's all gone down hill since we outlawed dueling.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

"Please let me know right away if you mailed a check and did not receive a thank you note from me. The Longmont rural postal delivery has been unreliable for nearly a month and I have reported concerns to the post office."

Uh oh. Could the post office be next? "I can't enjoy my home with the post office losing thousands of my letters every day! And yet the mail trucks that thunder by my home every day leave me nearly deaf. Please join me in a new lawsuit to protect responsible homeowners who just want to receive their important mail in peace."

billvon

"Please let me know right away if you mailed a check and did not receive a thank you note from me. The Longmont rural postal delivery has been unreliable for nearly a month and I have reported concerns to the post office."

Uh oh. Could the post office be next? "I can't enjoy my home with the post office losing thousands of my letters every day! And yet the mail trucks that thunder by my home every day leave me nearly deaf. Please join me in a new lawsuit to protect responsible homeowners who just want to receive their important mail in peace."

This totally made me :S when I saw it too.

Elisha

***"Please let me know right away if you mailed a check and did not receive a thank you note from me. The Longmont rural postal delivery has been unreliable for nearly a month and I have reported concerns to the post office."

This totally made me :S when I saw it too.

As I stated up-thread (and on the CQS's website before I was banned) It's one thing to receive pledges, it's another thing to be able to collect those pledges. Is it possible Kimmie doesn't understand the phrase, "the check is in the mail"? B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

FlyingRhenquest

I guess the court is just going to... hold it for them... or something? Also, wouldn't they normally just want the full amount? Is she planning to tack on more? Because our parking lot and road out to the pick-up area sure could use some paving!

I was involved in an airport access suit a few years ago in Alabama (not skydiving related), and for the defendant to appeal, they had to put up 125% which was additional penalty automatically if they lost the appeal. I believe this applies here, but I am not sure if the courts take that additional money or Mile-Hi. I think it's to discourage taking more of the court's time, and either way it's more out of CQS pockets. Good enough.
Roll Tide Roll

johndh1

I was involved in an airport access suit a few years ago in Alabama (not skydiving related), and for the defendant to appeal, they had to put up 125% which was additional penalty automatically if they lost the appeal. I believe this applies here, but I am not sure if the courts take that additional money or Mile-Hi. I think it's to discourage taking more of the court's time, and either way it's more out of CQS pockets. Good enough.

Does the appeal move forward if CQS can't pay the price? And, at what point does Princess Kimmie have to cough up some cash? B|

I ask the second question because Kimmie's recent writings would suggest she doesn't get that she is now in debt for this ruling. [:/]
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

As I read it in the Rule 411 revised, CQS has (now, reduced from 21) 14 days from ruling to file the appeal notice of intent, and in that same time to either obtain a bond or put up the 125% cash - so they have done one or the other well before now, unless I am missing something. I would love to know if they have come up the cash themselves or found some fool to come aboard that sinking ship. But this clarifies a bit, though I could not find it specifically, I do believe the 125% figure is already the standard.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/Supreme_Court/Rule_Changes/2013/2013%2813%29%20redlined.pdf
Roll Tide Roll

Hopefully the HOA smoking ban will give her the confidence to tackle more pressing issues like mothers carrying their young children with only one arm or people not centering their vehicle within the parking space. Without heroic people like KG to police the general public and their actions, which while lawful are annoying to the vocal minority, the fabric of society would unravel.

GoHuskers

Hopefully the HOA smoking ban will give her the confidence to tackle more pressing issues like mothers carrying their young children with only one arm or people not centering their vehicle within the parking space. Without heroic people like KG to police the general public and their actions, which while lawful are annoying to the vocal minority, the fabric of society would unravel.

Hey, THAT'S a real concern! :o
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Andy9o8

The HOA is the preferred territory for the condo crab. They just scuttle into their HOA-covered condo, clack their pincers and poke their eyestalks up in their windows to watch their neighbors for any signs of any infraction.

You mean like this person?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRaOo_Qtdp4
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

billvon

More than likely she's not getting checks in the mail like before is because people aren't sending any! Like some people have said upthread, there's no reasoning with stupid.

nolhtairt

***"Please let me know right away if you mailed a check and did not receive a thank you note from me. The Longmont rural postal delivery has been unreliable for nearly a month and I have reported concerns to the post office."

More than likely she's not getting checks in the mail like before is because people aren't sending any! Like some people have said upthread, there's no reasoning with stupid.

The way I read it was that she's receiving cheques, but her thank you notes aren't getting out.

Not quite as good as her not getting the cash.