stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Unstable

***She will keep going until she runs out of other people's money.

the Italicized portion is my addition :)
From the order on court costs:

Plaintiffs Citizens for Quiet Skies, Inc., Kimberly Gibbs, Timothy Lim, Robert Yates, Suzanne Webel, John Behrens, Carla Behrens, and Richard Dauer, shall be jointly and severally liable for said costs.

From the order on attorney fees:

Plaintiff:
CITIZENS FOR QUIET SKIES, KIMBERLY
GIBBS, TIMOTHY LIM, ROBERT YATES, SUZANNE
WEBEL, JOHN BEHRENS, CARLA BEHRENS, and
RICHARD DAUER
Plaintiff is hereby ordered to pay Defendant's counsel $47,984.41 within 30 days of this Order.

Now if MHS has the right to put liens on the plaintiffs property, I'm thinking that would include the CQS PayPal account.

ETA: Also the CQS bank account to which the PayPal funds are moved.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******She will keep going until she runs out of other people's money.

the Italicized portion is my addition :)
From the order on court costs:

Plaintiffs Citizens for Quiet Skies, Inc., Kimberly Gibbs, Timothy Lim, Robert Yates, Suzanne Webel, John Behrens, Carla Behrens, and Richard Dauer, shall be jointly and severally liable for said costs.

From the order on attorney fees:

Plaintiff:
CITIZENS FOR QUIET SKIES, KIMBERLY
GIBBS, TIMOTHY LIM, ROBERT YATES, SUZANNE
WEBEL, JOHN BEHRENS, CARLA BEHRENS, and
RICHARD DAUER
Plaintiff is hereby ordered to pay Defendant's counsel $47,984.41 within 30 days of this Order.

Now if MHS has the right to put liens on the plaintiffs property, I'm thinking that would include the CQS PayPal account.

The fact that there are ONLY SEVEN idiots that comprises of Citizens For Quiet Skies, tells you all you need to know. If there was a legitimate noise problem, you'd think at least half the fucking neighborhood would join the group.

Gibbs is just batshit mental. :S

ryoder

So if MHS has the right to put liens on the plaintiffs property, I'm thinking that would include the CQS PayPal account.

ETA: Also the CQS bank account to which the PayPal funds are moved.

Mile High should get paid before Kimmey's Attorney. :o
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Here's the two latest emails from KG! It's kinda long, so I'm copy and pasting rather than doing screenshots.

IN THE NEWS

TIMES CALL - 8/4/2015
OPEN FORUM
Citizens for Quiet Skies was not treated fairly

I have lived in Longmont for more than 13 years. The noise from the skydiving planes has been a growing issue, especially since they added the newer plane.
At times when my husband and I are outside, enjoying our otherwise beautiful back yard, we have to halt our conversation when the plane is climbing because we literally cannot hear each other talk.

It is time for this to stop. If you are a citizen affected in the area, please do something to help this fight. It appears to me that the judge was extremely biased and Citizens for Quiet Skies was not treated fairly.

I found this especially true the day the judge did a site visit to hear the plane. I was outside the entire day and I assure that was the quietest I have ever heard the plane climb. If the judge wanted to be totally fair and hear an accurate flight she should not have announced when she was listening.

I believe the judge’s efforts to punish the group further by the outrageous award for attorney fees is unfair. Furthermore, it was disrespectful to call the lawsuit frivolous.
During the summer especially, it is miserable to be outside listening to a 12-hour stint of unreasonable noise, not to mention we can clearly hear it in our house all day long. Surely there is a middle ground here.

Michelle Sullivan
Longmont

TAKE ACTION
Write a letter to the editor

To be considered for printing, letters must be timely and relevant. In the recent editorial by Slater/Lewis, they claimed that future development near the airport will encourage "commercial" over "residential" development. How would that plan provide relief to current Longmont residents?

"...In addition to ensuring that Vance Brand remains an economic engine for the community, the city of Longmont will continue working to address noise concerns. To that end, we will encourage commercial development over residential development near the airport as called for in the Longmont Area Comprehensive Plan. ..."

How does that fit with the proposed 276-unit Renaissance Village apartment complex, which by any reasonable standard would be "near the airport?" The city council will discuss this proposal tonight.

Send your thoughtful letter, 300 words or less (be sure to include your address and phone number), to:
Times Call: [email protected]
Daily Camera: [email protected]

Pressed for time? Call the TC-Line and leave a comment: 720-494-5485
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the Letter from Yesterday;
_______________________________________________________________________________________

TC-LINE COMMENTS - T-C LINE 720-494-5485

No local control
As a conservative, I am shocked that a business can abuse the local citizenry ... act with impunity, (be) shielded by federal regulation and be subject to no local control. Think about this the next time you enter the polling booth.

Noisemaker
One can wonder about the city fathers here in Longmont who support the business that’s a noisemaker out ... west of town. In fact, that airplane reminds me of a dentist’s drill. And yet what do they do with a guy who’s trying to earn an honest living repairing windshields? I’d much rather have a windshield repairman ... than a whole lot of airplane noise.

Not allowed space
Apparently the skydivers are the only ones who continuously get their comments printed in the T-C Line. Those of us who have to endure the plane noise 24/7 aren’t allowed the same newspaper space.

Before Mile-Hi
We’re getting sick and tired of people telling us we should not have bought a property by the airport. We purchased our home in Lakeshore in 1977. The airport was a small airport for mostly local residents— flying ranchers, for example. ... The people who say we should not have bought a house 2 miles from the airport in 1977 don’t know any difference between what my dog leaves in the backyard and apple butter.

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
Enough is enough with Quiet Skies

When I first moved to Colorado, there appeared on the front page of the “Daily Camera” a photo showing the mayor of Nederland displaying an obscene gesture to an airliner flying overhead. Apparently, she didn’t like flight patterns into the then-new DIA. I thought this was the most moronic expression of selfish behavior I’d ever seen, and certainly not worthy of front page coverage in any reputable newspaper.

I was wrong, newspaper coverage can indeed get worse. I had thought the fervor caused by Citizen (sic) for Quiet Skies was over when the judge threw out their frivolous lawsuit over aircraft noise related to skydiver flights. But no, they are still at it. Aided and abetted by “Times-Call” editorial space, they now want us to end significant federal funding for the airport. It’s becoming obvious that their objective is to shut down aircraft flying anywhere near where they happen to be. Those of us who love flying, enjoy the economic benefits of a vibrant local airport or rely on aircraft for transportation needs are off their radar screen. They should either move elsewhere, or buy a louder lawn mower.

Enough is enough already, end publicity for Quiet Skies.
Gerry Cole
Longmont

TAKE ACTION
Write a letter to the editor

Send your thoughtful letter, 300 words or less (be sure to include your address and phone number), to:

Pressed for time? Call the TC-Line and leave a comment:: 720-494-5485

Jumpdude

At times when my husband and I are outside, enjoying our otherwise beautiful back yard, we have to halt our conversation when the plane is climbing because we literally cannot hear each other talk.

Just when I thought these people couldn't get any more ridiculous. :S
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

chuckakers

***At times when my husband and I are outside, enjoying our otherwise beautiful back yard, we have to halt our conversation when the plane is climbing because we literally cannot hear each other talk.

Yeah, and just how far away was it that she lives from the Airport??

ryoder

And today we have three new whines published in the Times-Call.:S

The comments under the article tell the tale, this is my favorite....

brodflightcrew comments... Just a non scientific example of public sentiment about where the support leans for this issue...

11 people "like" this post by Kim Gibbs. (referring to her article in Times Call)

Compare that to the 3,133 who instead "like" this article... http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_2... (referring to the article begging her to pay up and shut up)

Yep, that sounds about right.

chuckakers

***At times when my husband and I are outside, enjoying our otherwise beautiful back yard, we have to halt our conversation when the plane is climbing because we literally cannot hear each other talk.

funny how people are able to carry on conversations at a drop zone during the day, isn't it.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

******At times when my husband and I are outside, enjoying our otherwise beautiful back yard, we have to halt our conversation when the plane is climbing because we literally cannot hear each other talk.

funny how people are able to carry on conversations at a drop zone during the day, isn't it.

WHAT? :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

normiss

She does whisper so can hear the aircraft though.
I don't see people whispering at DZ's.
Maybe that's why I don't notice the loud aircraft?

Kimmie (we know your reading this), You've asked Mile High to make accommodations to alleviate plane noise. You claim that isn't hard to do. Here is a suggestion for you and your kronnies... See attachment..... that is all!

normiss

She does whisper so can hear the aircraft though.
I don't see people whispering at DZ's.
Maybe that's why I don't notice the loud aircraft?

I've been pondering this for a while.

Being right next to an Otter isn't a "quiet" experience.
But it's not all that loud.

For short periods of time, ear protection isn't even needed.

Ya want loud?

Really loud?

Try the Harrier, F-35, B-1 or B-52.
Being anywhere near (like within a few hundred yards) without ear protection is painful. As in it produces actual physical pain in the ears without some sort of hearing protection.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Try the Harrier, F-35, B-1 or B-52.

The old turbo jet crackling is the only way I could ever explain it. You hit it on the head when you said it causes actual pain in the ear. Amazing how far technology has come to what they have today in the noise category.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Ok kids, here's copies of two emails she sent out today! Enjoy and may we all get a good laugh!! :D:D
____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDITORIALS
Many thanks to all who have taken the time to write letters to the newspaper and call the TC-Line! Please take a moment to Like the editorials and add a supporting comment. Keep the letters flowing!

Kim Schafer: Plane noise problem is real

I am the owner of a condo in north Boulder, but I am frequently at my boyfriend's home at Cardinal Lane, which is located in Longmont/Niwot. I can attest to the very distracting loud and frequent plane noise in the area when we are outside in the yard; you can also hear it in the house when the windows are open.

This is ridiculous that the noise is being dismissed, and the judge appears to be so heavily in favor of one party. It's making a further mockery of our judicial system and tearing the social fabric of neighborhoods. It is already a challenge in the area to deal with the many bikers and road closures due to races. Now when homeowners are at home, they are bombarded with airplane noise. Again, this is not supportive of an overall plan to care for and represent ALL citizens, and these homeowners also pay taxes.

Why aren't they being responded to more fairly?

Kim Schafer
Boulder

Diane Wood: Where’s data that proves airport’s economic boost?

In the editorial by Shawn Lewis recently published in the Times-Call, he stated that CDOT reported that Vance Brand Airport brings in over $2 million each month to the city of Longmont. Also, according to the CDT assessment, 22,000 visitors arrive in Colorado via Vance Brand every year, making it one of the business general aviation airports in the state.

Let’s estimate that during the calendar year of 365 days, Colorado would have 220 fair weather days allowing flights in and out of Vance Brand Airport. This would mean that out of these fair weather days, 100 visitors would fly into Vance Brand. Really? If people are pouring into Colorado, they are doing so by flying into DIA.

You have to wonder how CDOT knows this. In an interview with Tim Barth, the previous airport manager, the device used to count aircraft operations was removed in the late 1990s. No count of operations has been available since.

There is no control tower and no one who monitors flight operations. There is no head count of people entering and leaving the facility. No real provision for security that might allow us a look into what goes on each day. There simply is no credible data available. Without data on trends in things like flight operations there is no way to measure the economic output of Vance Brand. How can CDOT confirm the factual basis for their numbers?

CDOT is biased in favor of general aviation airports. The CDOT aeronautics director responsible for this flawed report recently visited the Longmont Airport assuring their help. CDOT’s report gave a glowing report, but, CDOT, where is the data to support this?

Diane Wood
Longmont

Raymond Cooper: Home ownership is the bigger economic engine

I hope that the airport’s economic engine in Shawn Lewis and David Slayter’s recent opinion is not a plane that floods Longmont and Boulder County neighborhoods with noise throughout the day and particularly heavy and constant on weekends. I think the price homeowners pay for economic development of this type is too high.

There is another business in Longmont that surpasses the airport for bringing in jobs, visitors and tourists into the area: home building. A study by the Home Builder’s Association in 2013 indicates that the one year local impact in the Denver area is over $3.25 billion. Boulder County, which includes Longmont, is in this study. The economic impact of housing is greatest in the “occupancy phase.” This is where secondary, tertiary and quaternary ripple effects occur as money from new homeowners and renters moves into the local economy creating significant and sustained revenue for the city.

It is this local homeowner economy that the city of Longmont elected officials need to carefully support and grow. House costs are rising quickly, availability is low and more affordable housing is needed to meet the demand. The question that needs to be asked is if land available for development is best served in support of an airport engine with small businesses that cater to hobbyists. Or is it economically a better decision for land use to be for home building where there are significantly higher local economic benefits and a much broader segment of the people are served?

When issues such as airplane nuisance noise interferes with the enjoyment of homeowner life, it is the larger economy generated by homeowners in Longmont that is impacted. And while this homeowner economic engine might not be as loud as airplane noise, it is gaining strength and determined to cause change.

Raymond Cooper
Longmont

Michelle Sullivan: Let's find middle ground on plane noise

I have lived in Longmont for over 13 years. The noise from the skydiving planes has been a growing issue, especially since they added the newer plane. At times when my husband and I are outside, enjoying our otherwise beautiful back yard, we have to halt our conversation when the plane is climbing because we literally cannot hear each other talk.
It is time for this to stop. If you are a citizen affected in the area, please do something to help this fight.
It appears to me that the judge was extremely bias and the Citizens for Quiet Skies were not treated fairly. I found this especially true the day the judge did a site visit to hear the plane. I was outside the entire day, and I assure you that was the quietest I have ever heard the plane climb. If the judge wanted to be totally fair and hear an accurate flight she should not have announced when she was listening.
I believe the judge's efforts to punish the group further by the outrageous award for attorney fee's is unfair. Furthermore, it was disrespectful to call the lawsuit frivolous.
During the summer especially, it is miserable to be outside listening to a 12-hour stint of unreasonable noise, not to mention we can clearly hear it in our house all day long. Surely there is a middle ground here.

Michelle Sullivan
Longmont

Kimberly Gibbs: No Ceiling for Noise

TC-LINE COMMENTS

Saturday 8/8: Support the airport
As a citizen and resident of Longmont, I think this is completely ridiculous. We need to support the airport.
We need to support the businesses at the airport.
And this lady with her frivolous lawsuit, she just needs to stop it and go away.

Monday 8/3: When will it end?
Here I thought the airplane noise lawsuit was finally over and then at the very end of your article Kimberly Gibbs and Citizens for Quiet Skies are going to appeal, again. When (does) this end for this woman?

T-C Line ground rules
Sound off, but please remember:
• Don’t reference locally written opinions.
• Don’t reference criminal or civil court cases.
• Don’t attack private citizens.
• Don’t reference candidates for office.
• Keep it brief.
• Calls may be shortened.
• We don’t publish all calls.

TAKE ACTION
Write a letter to the editor. Send your thoughtful letter, 300 words or less (be sure to include your address and phone number), to:

Pressed for time? Call the TC-Line and leave a comment: 720-494-5485

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

And the second email!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

FUNDRAISING FOR THE APPEAL
1. Please let me know right away if you mailed a check and did not receive a thank you note from me. The Longmont rural postal delivery has been unreliable for nearly a month and I have reported concerns to the post office. If I didn’t send you a note, that means I didn’t receive your check.

2. If you would like to help us out please send a check to the address below. We appreciate both small and large donations for the legal fund.

Please make your check payable to Citizens For Quiet Skies:
7468 Mt. Sherman Road
Longmont, CO 80503

3. We delivered the first payment to the legal team – many thanks to all of you who have contributed to our legal expenses (see attached photos.) The final payment is due in early 2016. After this email we will take a break from fundraising.

UPCOMING EVENTS
1. TOWN HALL MEETING WITH CONGRESSMAN JARED POLIS

WHEN: Mon, August 10th from 1:30 to 4:00 pm
WHERE: 1644 Walnut Street, Boulder, CO

We will attend and advocate for provisions in the FAA Reauthorization.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to reserve time to speak with Congressman Polis.

Big Block of Cheese Day Boulder - U.S. Representative Jared Polis

Big Block of Cheese Day Boulder - U.S. Representative Ja...
RSVP to our Big Block of Cheese Day in Boulder! In 1837 President Andrew Jackson had an idea: let the people eat cheese…at the White House.
View on polis.house.gov

Preview by Yahoo

2. NIWOT COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MONTHLY BOARD MEETING

I will give a brief presentation at the NCA meeting next week. Please join us if you are a member, or are considering becoming a member.

WHEN: Wed., August 12 at 7:00 pm
WHERE: Mountain View Fire Protection District Firehouse #4
8500 Niwot Road, Niwot, CO
NCA Web site: http://niwot.org/

ONLINE RESOURCES
TRACK FLIGHTS WITH WEBTRAK: http://webtrak5.bksv.com/den3

QUIET SKIES Web Site: CitizensForQuietSkies.org

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

We’re on Twitter too

To register a noise complaint: http://citizensforquietskies.org/help/complaint/

Jumpdude

Here's an interesting morsel of info that you guys at Mile High may find useful if you haven't already!
Seems that kimmy has a loud ass Nascar race track as close, and perhaps a little closer than the Airport!
http://coloradospeedway.com/

If they get their way with the Mile High Lawsuit, I guarantee you the racetrack (among other things) is next. These people think they're entitled! They want it their way, and will not stop here. [:/]

skyjumpenfool

***Here's an interesting morsel of info that you guys at Mile High may find useful if you haven't already!
Seems that kimmy has a loud ass Nascar race track as close, and perhaps a little closer than the Airport!

If they get their way with the Mile High Lawsuit, I guarantee you the racetrack (among other things) is next. These people think they're entitled! They want it their way, and will not stop here. [:/]

It's the Florida condo crab syndrome. There are a lot of old people moving here from Florida at the moment, for the legal weed and gay marriage. Or maybe Global Warming.

I wanted to move closer to the airport than I did, but you can't find anything on that side of town that doesn't have an HOA. The HOA is the preferred territory for the condo crab. They just scuttle into their HOA-covered condo, clack their pincers and poke their eyestalks up in their windows to watch their neighbors for any signs of any infraction.

They're typically retirees on a fixed income, whose grandchildren (for some reason) never call them, so they have nothing to do all day other than try to make everyone else's lives as miserable as theirs is. The Florida Condo Crab is the natural enemy of anything even remotely fun.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

skyjumpenfool

***Here's an interesting morsel of info that you guys at Mile High may find useful if you haven't already!

I guess my point was, being there's a race track that's as close, and they inherently make a lot more noise, why is she targeting the DZ which makes less noise, and what little bit of noise that they do make only lasts for a couple of mins in here area, provided they even go near her place? It looks like that would make her whole so called "Case" more frivolous!