stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

oldwomanc6

***No, i want this thread to just go on forever. Doesn't really have to do with Longmont, just some random shit all the time.

I think this thread does have the most amount of post and views.

Not even close to a couple (non DB cooper, and now deleted) threads in the BF. :D But it may be a record in the Gen. Skydiving forum.

I'm pretty sure the What Can We Do About Skyride I and What Can We Do About Skyride II threads beats this one by a long shot. ;)

nolhtairt

I'm pretty sure the What Can We Do About Skyride I and What Can We Do About Skyride II threads beats this one by a long shot. ;)

Ooh!
I just had a flash of inspiration:
We convince Gibbs that Skyride is the biggest proponent of skydiving in the nation.
Then we sit back with a big bowl of popcorn.:D

Now which side do I cheer?:S
Such a dilemma...[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Ooh!
We convince Gibbs that Skyride is the biggest proponent of skydiving in the nation.

Well, they are growing... They now run DZ's in Rome GA, Cullman AL, and Tullahoma TN. >:(

ryoder

Ooh!

I would like to use a Brit expression for that thought....

BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Trafficdiver

I got booted from her FB page for saying she was crazy for thinking she would win in court. She should have listened. :P.

I hope she finds a good shrink. I also think she would have been a good candidate for electro shock treatment back in the 19th century.

I got booted for being a noise bully :(
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

***I got booted from her FB page for saying she was crazy for thinking she would win in court. She should have listened. :P.

I hope she finds a good shrink. I also think she would have been a good candidate for electro shock treatment back in the 19th century.

I got booted for being a noise bully :(

I got booted for posting facts.
I didn't realize she had a rule against that.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Ooh!

Damn!! That's one of the best ideas I've heard yet! LMAO!
But I think I would cheer for KG because Cary Q has done much more in the grand scheme of things to hurt skydiving than she could ever fathom!

Why would you guys waste your time and energy posting on their facecrack page or in the Times Call newspaper? It would be like CQS posting their views constantly here. Nobody is changing their mind anytime soon. All you are doing is feeding her anger and ego. IMHO

grimmie

Why would you guys waste your time and energy posting on their facecrack page or in the Times Call newspaper? It would be like CQS posting their views constantly here. Nobody is changing their mind anytime soon. All you are doing is feeding her anger and ego. IMHO

But it's *fun* to throw facts in the face of idiots.;)
She blocked me long ago from posting on her FB page, but she can't stop me on the TC page. And the bonus there is we also get to argue with her mother!:D

Andy9o8

Certainly they were advised by their lawyers that represented them that this was possible

Change "certainly" to "hopefully, in writing, in detail, for the lawyers' own sakes". My experience is that when people with "that kind" of personality lose a dispute, they look for somebody to blame (never themselves), and then act it out as a way of mitigating their loss. That's why lawyers carry malpractice insurance.

Well if they sue their lawyer, maybe he can file a counter suit for legal costs! I'd guess they'd end up owing people they've sued $200,000!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

normiss

I could sear they did actually ask for damages.
For monetary damages for teh loss of real estate value as well.
She can't even read the court papers properly.

They were absolutely looking for money for (imaginary) loss of property values. Both sides brought in expert witnesses on real estate. There was much discussion of how much (imaginary) property value damage had occurred since the property values had all increased over the time period.

I am pretty sure that her attorney's made it clear what the range of possibilities are. that is usually done in the first couple meetings. Every interaction I have ever had with an attorney starts that way. How much, how long, best and worst case scenarios.

And sometimes they do not know, in which case they state that as well.

i expect her attorney was high enough priced to not forget that part.

Here's the next email I got from her! It's too long to do a screenshot, so here's a copy of it;

As you can imagine, the past couple of days have been very difficult for the plaintiffs. Following the award for "attorney fees", we are now faced with devastating financial assessments of more than $100,000. It is sickening, and feels like a surreal nightmare – the new rock bottom. The judge’s efforts to punish us even further with the outrageous award for attorney fees and her claim that our lawsuit was “frivolous” is utterly shocking. No doubt it has taken the wind out of our sails. This weekend, as you listen to the constant droning of the jump planes, ask yourself, is this a frivolous and petty issue?

When things are going poorly there is a natural tendency to want to blame someone - to make sense out of an unbelievable situation. I’m sure that some people blame me. After all, I got us into this mess. Others may blame our legal team for letting this happen to us, even though they are just as flabbergasted at the judge’s award as we are. I hope you will take a step back and consider where the blame really lies for this travesty, and share my hope that this will - must - right itself on the appeal.

We have every reason to stand tall and proud – and continue moving forward. For many years, we have patiently worked toward reasonable and fair-minded regulations to address the outrageous and inescapable noise from the jump planes. It's a problem that should have been solved long ago with little effort. We have conducted ourselves with integrity and high ethical standards, even when faced with a tsunami of vicious and mean-spirited personal attacks.

While I’m very grateful for the excellent letter below in today’s Camera, I do not need pity, and I have no intention of being a martyr. We need your help and we need every one of our supporters to take a stand and DO SOMETHING now. This is no time to become paralyzed and throw in the towel.

We are still fundraising for the appeal. Please make a contribution TODAY at whatever level you can afford – we will make the first payment to the legal team next week. All donations made by our supporters go directly to the appeal expenses. We also need your letters to the editor – long or short, please take the time to write. If you can’t write a letter then call the T-C Line.

Citizens For Quiet Skies is a CITIZEN GROUP that relies on participation from our supporters - and that means YOU.

Now, let’s go get it, and have a great weekend everyone!
-Kim

Oh, I presume they did, too. Did they do so in writing? Not just generally, but every bit and nuance of it? Because if not, it could be an interesting he-said/she-said. And gosh!- that's what juries are for, aren't they?

:)

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/legal-malpractice/denver/colorado

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/professional-malpractice-law/Boulder/colorado

Hey, I mean... consultations are free, right?

Oh, this is GREAT!:D
While her mother is assuring everyone in the Times-Call comments that they are wealthy and money is no problem, daughter is sending out desperate pleas like this!:D:D:D

Jumpdude

For many years, we have patiently worked toward reasonable and fair-minded regulations to address the outrageous and inescapable noise from the jump planes.
-Kim

I'm pretty certain that if she moved then she would be able to find a place where she wouldn't hear jump plane noise, therefore I'm doubtful as to her qualifier of 'inescapable'... QED.

:D