stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

stayhigh

No, i want this thread to just go on forever. Doesn't really have to do with Longmont, just some random shit all the time.

I think this thread does have the most amount of post and views.

That title goes to the D. B. Cooper thread. It was locked at 2326 pages and has about 4.3 million views.

It would nice to keep this thread on topic, so that the powers that be don't get pissed off and lock this one, like another one related to the same topic. While I enjoy a good joke, like many of you, this could be an issue in your local area one day.

So stop for a minute and consider how Frank C. feels about her bullshit and cost to defend his legal business.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

platypii

***So the group of plaintiffs are jointly liable, and have a deadline of July 24 to pay up.

Deadline is today... I wonder if they paid up??

I was told the appeal puts a hold on that deadline.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

stayhigh

She is planning to spend more money? Her dream will probably come true. She might have to sell her house and MOVE.

The day that happens is when I stand with middle fingers pointed sky high in her direction, catch a couple beers, pop the tops, smash em together and guzzle them. And thats the stone cold truth.

nolhtairt

***She is planning to spend more money? Her dream will probably come true. She might have to sell her house and MOVE.

The day that happens is when I stand with middle fingers pointed sky high in her direction, catch a couple beers, pop the tops, smash em together and guzzle them. And thats the stone cold truth.

When she does..... her hubby needs to find her a new location with no airport within 50 miles.... for what is left of her mental stability....

DrDom

******Is it possible to also file COMPLIMENTS via this new system?
;)

From Page 1:

The Airport Noise – Comment Log is a repository for information
collected by listening to the citizens, particularly those in the vicinity of the
Vance Brand Municipal Airport, about aircraft noise complaints and other
comments, both complimentary and non-complimentary, and may be used to
analyze the data collected using means as directed by city management.

So everyone should just submit a complimentary comment after every jump to make sure your positive experience is included in the city management's analysis B|

Honestly... that is not a bad thing to recommend. Flood them with how great the airport is, how glad you are that its not as loud as living by some airports could be. Maybe talk about how nice the gentlemen and ladies are that parachute from the planes way out of earshot...

lots of good things

talk about how you enjoyed the experience so much, you rented a room in a hotel, went out to a restaurant and bar, and then returned to the airport the next day for another experience. And you may repeat that next weekend, too.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

skypuppy

*********Is it possible to also file COMPLIMENTS via this new system?
;)

From Page 1:

The Airport Noise – Comment Log is a repository for information
collected by listening to the citizens, particularly those in the vicinity of the
Vance Brand Municipal Airport, about aircraft noise complaints and other
comments, both complimentary and non-complimentary, and may be used to
analyze the data collected using means as directed by city management.

So everyone should just submit a complimentary comment after every jump to make sure your positive experience is included in the city management's analysis B|

Honestly... that is not a bad thing to recommend. Flood them with how great the airport is, how glad you are that its not as loud as living by some airports could be. Maybe talk about how nice the gentlemen and ladies are that parachute from the planes way out of earshot...

lots of good things

talk about how you enjoyed the experience so much, you rented a room in a hotel, went out to a restaurant and bar, and then returned to the airport the next day for another experience. And you may repeat that next weekend, too.

I agree with this. I operated a DZ on a municipal airport and when I pitched the airport board about locating there, the board focused on how much money the operation would bring to the city.

We saw skydivers. City officials saw high-speed dollar signs.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I agree with this. I operated a DZ on a municipal airport and when I pitched the airport board about locating there, the board focused on how much money the operation would bring to the city.

Unfortunately this is quite the opposite of what I have seen. (At least here in the Midwest) Small, municipal airport boards are more concerned with maintaining their private little country clubs. [:/]
=========Shaun ==========

Unstable

Unfortunately this is quite the opposite of what I have seen. (At least here in the Midwest) Small, municipal airport boards are more concerned with maintaining their private little country clubs. [:/]

I've seen both sides of this.... I have one of my Skydive Photos on my VISA card. When I go to any DZ, I always use this card to pay for beer, gas, food, more beer, etc. I make a point to show the card to the employee.

We use to use our formation stamps (any of you old timers remember stamping out each dive?) to stamp all our dollar bills before we went into town for stuff. B|

Locals understand the value of each and every dollar. The "Ol Boys club" at most small airports don't care about that. :o
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

stayhigh

She is planning to spend more money? Her dream will probably come true. She might have to sell her house and MOVE.

Pity the new neighborhood to which she moves - she'll find something to be angry about there too, and will make everyone's lives miserable over it.

"These darned prairie dogs are digging holes everywhere!"

Jetfire

***She is planning to spend more money? Her dream will probably come true. She might have to sell her house and MOVE.

Pity the new neighborhood to which she moves - she'll find something to be angry about there too, and will make everyone's lives miserable over it.

"These darned prairie dogs are digging holes everywhere!"

Move her to Devil's Island. Ain't nobody there but dilapidated prison facilities... Thanks to the French :)

Oh, yeah!

Court order yesterday: http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/20150728-Order-re-Defendants-Motion-for-Attorney-Fees.pdf

Current tally:
$67,791.05 costs from the trial.
$47,984.41 attorney fees for the frivolous claims dismissed prior to trial.
----------
115,775.46 = What Gibbs & lackeys owe MHS.

As I read this order, it is due 30 days from yesterday, and is not affected by the current appeal. i.e. this order would need to be appealed separately.B|

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Oh, yeah!

Court order yesterday: http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/20150728-Order-re-Defendants-Motion-for-Attorney-Fees.pdf

Current tally:
$67,791.05 costs from the trial.
$47,984.41 attorney fees for the frivolous claims dismissed prior to trial.
----------
115,775.46 = What Gibbs & lackeys owe MHS.

As I read this order, it is due 30 days from yesterday, and is not affected by the current appeal. i.e. this order would need to be appealed separately.B|

Can't... resist... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

stayhigh

No, i want this thread to just go on forever. Doesn't really have to do with Longmont, just some random shit all the time.

I think this thread does have the most amount of post and views.

Not even close to a couple (non DB cooper, and now deleted) threads in the BF. :D But it may be a record in the Gen. Skydiving forum.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The core idea of providing positive dz comments to airports seems to be an excellent one that all dz's might adopt as a proactive defense mechanism against any crazies in the future anywhere.

Doing that, even though it may take a bit of time routinely from many who love this sport could aid in slowing down Longwood style assaults on the skydiving community.

A continuous flow of this type data would create a good foundation for arguing against a similar attack from the get go - maybe nipping it in the bud the next time.

Just a thought.

Very nice to see them getting a bill LMAO.

You have to wonder of any of this group is really worried about the $165,000. Certainly they were advised by their lawyers that represented them that this was possible - perhaps likely given the combative position of KG. Truthfully this could be nothing financial to these people. A lot of that depends on how much money they raised, doesn't that have to be reported?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Certainly they were advised by their lawyers that represented them that this was possible

Change "certainly" to "hopefully, in writing, in detail, for the lawyers' own sakes". My experience is that when people with "that kind" of personality lose a dispute, they look for somebody to blame (never themselves), and then act it out as a way of mitigating their loss. That's why lawyers carry malpractice insurance.

Andy: I was thinking the same thing. Now having been slapped with attorney's fees on top of costs, she's definitely going to go after her own lawyers. I hope they provided their advice on the frivolous claims in writing to the client . . . .
Charlie Gittins, 540-327-2208
AFF-I, Sigma TI, IAD-I
MEI, CFI-I, Senior Rigger
Former DZO, Blue Ridge Skydiving Adventures

mirage62

You have to wonder of any of this group is really worried about the $165,000. Certainly they were advised by their lawyers that represented them that this was possible - perhaps likely given the combative position of KG. Truthfully this could be nothing financial to these people. A lot of that depends on how much money they raised, doesn't that have to be reported?

From the Times-Call where you posted the same, we see this reply:

I'm sure Mommy (aka Nature Girl) will be along shortly to reassure us that this is just a drop in the bucket, and that money is no problem. However...

Those of us who were in the courtroom for the trial saw and heard the testimony of the plaintiff's sound expert who let it leak out that his noise study was abbreviated due to lack of funds by the plaintiffs. And today on the CQS website we see a new post beginning with:

"This is a difficult time for our group. The judge has awarded significant 'attorney fees' to Mile-Hi..."