stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

ryoder

Oh, for chrissake!:S:S:S

http://citizensforquietskies.org/help/contact-elected-officials/

Looks like I need to write my own letter to Jared Polis.

And it appears that she even has a pre-written letter of sorts to send to the elected officials, so it looks to me like, if the recipients start receiving the same letter over and over, wouldn't they be more inclined to ignore/dismiss the whole subject and write it off to her being the nutcase that she is?

ryoder

Oh, for chrissake!:S:S:S

Kimmy writes...
The CQS Nutjob

To date, we have pleaded with the city of Longmont, the owner and operator of the airport. We also conducted a lengthy lawsuit against the skydiving operator. These efforts have been unsuccessful, in large part due to the FAA’s presumed authority over all aviation noise regulations. Therefore, we find it necessary to seek relief at the federal level.

Oh yah!!! That's why you lost the lawsuit... ;) I wonder if it's calming to live life that delusional? B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Uhhh...we got a problem here.

From the letter

"3. Consider serving as a Quiet Skies Liaison for your city, county or state (if you live outside Boulder County.) This role generally involves passing along our updates to your own support networks. Send us an email if you would like more information."

The cancer wishes to metastasize. Coming to a DZ near you...me...them, the national skydiving community. Today Longmount, tommorow...the world is not enough!

I'm interested in what the USPA thinks about this kind of stuff?

ETA: (forgot to quote the link to the letter to the senators seeking relief in the new FAA re-authorization bill, that is the "stuff") http://citizensforquietskies.org/help/contact-elected-officials/

Don't our dues go, in part, to the USPA being our advocate at the federal level when it comes to things like this (lobbying Congress to allow FAA restrictions on skydiving)?

Does the USPA actively lobby for our interests when these type of bills are coming around, and inclusions that could be to our detriment are being considered?

In all reality, if this crazy lady whines long and loud enough, some senator will type her demands into the bill, and without someone talking sense to them, we could end up with some bullshit provisions hidden inside a nightmare of legislation.

So what is the USPA doing to help prevent that?

The USPA is on this and watching it closely. The FAA is also fully aware of this issue.

The USPA is on top of all skydiving related issues, airport access issues and other related matters that would limit our skydiving.

I would urge all of you to make a donation to the Airport Access Defense fund.

Bignugget

In all reality, if this crazy lady whines long and loud enough, some senator will type her demands into the bill, and without someone talking sense to them, we could end up with some bullshit provisions hidden inside a nightmare of legislation.

Fortunately, things don't quite work that way in aviation law.

Although Ms. Gibbs provides a very small reason for concern, rest assured that Randy O at USPA is well aware of this topic, her lawsuit, and is actively involved in advising DZO's and government officials.

If you're genuinely interested, contact USPA and ask these very questions. You'll get an answer, guaranteed. Among other things, this is something they do very, very well.

skyjumpenfool

***Oh, for chrissake!:S:S:S

Kimmy writes...
The CQS Nutjob

To date, we have pleaded with the city of Longmont, the owner and operator of the airport. We also conducted a lengthy lawsuit against the skydiving operator. These efforts have been unsuccessful, in large part due to the FAA’s presumed authority over all aviation noise regulations. Therefore, we find it necessary to seek relief at the federal level.

Oh yah!!! That's why you lost the lawsuit... ;) I wonder if it's calming to live life that delusional? B|

FAA's presumed authority???

They HAVE authority over that domain! This is what she refuses to accept. But hey, let her beat her own head against that brick wall. She'll quit sooner or later, declare bankruptcy, sell her house, etc... :S

DSE

Fortunately, things don't quite work that way in aviation law.

Although Ms. Gibbs provides a very small reason for concern, rest assured that Randy O at USPA is well aware of this topic, her lawsuit, and is actively involved in advising DZO's and government officials.

If you're genuinely interested, contact USPA and ask these very questions. You'll get an answer, guaranteed. Among other things, this is something they do very, very well.

+1

These issues are way off in the background to most jumpers but they are very important and HQ and Randy do an outstanding job in this area.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

JerryBaumchen

Hi ryoder,

This is 5.5 miles from The House.

Are you ready for this: Citizens For Quiet Streets

:P

Go get'm, Kimmie.
Jrry Baumchen

She doesn't want the bikes gone, she wants the road closed?

Or.... It's only the noise from the Kawasaki's that annoy her? :P
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

JerryBaumchen

Hi ryoder,

This is 5.5 miles from The House.

Are you ready for this: Citizens For Quiet Streets

:P

Go get'm, Kimmie.

Jrry Baumchen
Too bad it's not Hells Angles. :o
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28513042/motorcyclists-descend-longmont-week

Longmont residents who want to explore the event are welcome to check out the motorcycles and vendors at the Plaza Convention Center this week. Anyone wanting to participate in the event, such as the demo rides and scavenger hunt, is required to register and purchase a day pass.

maybe making her a part of the scavenger hunt? like find the wicked witch of the west???

Airgump

http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28513042/motorcyclists-descend-longmont-week

Longmont residents who want to explore the event are welcome to check out the motorcycles and vendors at the Plaza Convention Center this week. Anyone wanting to participate in the event, such as the demo rides and scavenger hunt, is required to register and purchase a day pass.

maybe making her a part of the scavenger hunt? like find the wicked witch of the west???

Good idea. She looks like this. ;)