stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

futuredivot

Well she doesn't want to live near an airport-losing her house would accomplish that goal :S

She keeps it up the DZ may have a new bunkhouse. B|
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

OK, I just found this and have not yet digested it.
It is dated 2015 June 11.
Gibbs is claiming MHS is suing, but it looks like a motion to recover a subset of attorneys fees.
Note that the individual fees are listed separately, and there is no total, but a quick calculation looks to be ~$116K.

http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-06-11-Def-motion-for-attorney-fees.pdf

ETA I just found there are 3 docs regarding attorneys fees: http://citizensforquietskies.org/the-lawsuit/court-documents/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Calvin19

But still, it's really scary to have a person dedicate an epic amount of time and money to ruin something.

^^^ My ex-wife. She wanted to see the world burn but in the end it only ended up ruining the finances for our kids. Her own obsessions with revenge hurt everyone. I'm sure this applies to Kim Gibbs - No one ever figured out the "WHY" in all of this. It would be a pointless endeavor, of course. When dealing with the kind of crazy that comes from an angry woman, the cause is not important. Absolutely nothing can make these types happy, so they want to bring the world down.

Calvin19

***I think one already did.

Awesome. B|

But still, it's really scary to have a person dedicate an epic amount of time and money to ruin something.

It's funny you say that! It reminds me of Jumpdude! He spent hundreds, maybe thousands of hours trying to ruin Skyride! But with some sharp differences, even though a lot of us thought he was nuts like Gibbs, but at least he meant well for skydiving and he was pretty good at getting the word out about their scam without the financial help of others. I haven't seen any posts from him lately about the subject, but his sites are still up, so I guess he's still at it! :D

dpreguy

I think one already did.

OK, now I know what you are talking about.;)

http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Notice-of-Appeal.pdf

There is a name missing;
Robert Yates is no longer listed as a plaintiff.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

Isn't skyride still being deceptive?
:S

YES!! They never stopped, just shut down the 1 800 Skyride name, rebranded and started some new names, ie; Spot Reservations and the newest known name, Rushcube! :|
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

ryoder

***I think one already did.

http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Notice-of-Appeal.pdf

There is a name missing;

Jesus H. Fucking Christ...

Did they appeal every point of contention that the court ruled against them?

:S:D

nolhtairt

******I think one already did.

There is a name missing;

I can't believe they are bringing up trespass again.
If I was an attorney I'd rather starve than make such an ass of myself.

OK, I've read through the 3 documents on the "Motion For Attorneys Fees" here: http://citizensforquietskies.org/the-lawsuit/court-documents/

This is apparently seeking reimbursement for the claims that were discarded prior to the case going to trial, based on the fact they were frivolous, unsupported by any evidence, and in bad faith.

The third one states a total number: $58,420.74

Now I recommend everyone read pages 5-7 of this one: http://citizensforquietskies.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/2015-06-11-Def-motion-for-attorney-fees.pdf

Up to this point I thought the plaintiffs attorneys, knowing they had no case, were just desperately throwing everything at the wall, hoping something would stick. Now I think they are utterly incompetent.

By punishing the litigant through an adverse award of attorney fees, the courts may too readily slam the door on the litigant's right to espouse new ideas and to challenge improperly decided cases. Furthermore, in closing this door, we threaten the very source of ideas which is essential for enlightened decisions that reflect the needs of the society.

Precisely!;)

Up to this point I thought the plaintiffs attorneys, knowing they had no case, were just desperately throwing everything at the wall, hoping something would stick. Now I think they are utterly incompetent.

Kimmy's original post calling for donations for the appeal indicated she needed $25,000 to start the process (wow, she must have raised that quickly). So, her Attorney is going to bill his/her hours regardless, so why not let her file the appeal?
=========Shaun ==========

ryoder

I think they have found themselves with a client who won't take "no" for an answer, refuses to listen to reason and is no longer fully in touch with reality.

There may be "other stuff" involved that they won't refuse the work (family connections, favors owed, that sort of stuff), it may be that they are willing to do the work as long as it's paid for, knowing full well the outcome (and advising the client what the outcome is likely to be).

Or maybe they simply don't want to make an enemy of Kim. It's proven to be a nasty thing to do.

As was pointed out above, Kim won't stop. She believes she is "Right" and that she'll prevail. However, $67k in costs and (hopefully) another $116k in attorney fees will be a pretty solid "speedbump" for her to surmount.

The cost stuff on pages 5-7 that Ryoder said to read are hilarious. Asking for compensation for "mental and physical injuries", yet refusing to submit to an exam to determine the extent of them? Claiming "Trespass by Noise"?

And the appeal filing is a joke. I don't remember enough details (if I even knew them to start with) to know which witnesses were not allowed and why, but my memory is telling me that the ones for the plaintiff that weren't allowed were truly ridiculous.

The idea that the standard be applied to a "Normal Person" instead of an "Average Person" is hilarious. What's the legal definition of "Normal"? I can find "Reasonable Person", but not "Normal". And I have a funny feeling that a "Reasonable Person" would find noise at a level slightly above ambient as "not a nuisance."

And the idea that local laws can supersede FAA regs on airplanes has been fought in court a lot of times. The FAA always wins.

I bet a case of beer that the appeal fails.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

ryoder

*********I think one already did.

There is a name missing;

I can't believe they are bringing up trespass again.
If I was an attorney I'd rather starve than make such an ass of myself.

crazy girl, crazy girl, whatcha gonna do when they come for you...

FlyingRhenquest

Oh yeah! I'm working down by Broomfield's airport now and eat lunch there on a regular basis. They have jets and helicopters taking off constantly. When a jet lands, you can feel that noise in your bones.

I'd love to be there!! That's music!!! B|