stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

So you're saying everybody has to go through an hour's worth of reading before they get to the registration and then be able to post a complaint? I surely hope!

I went through and read all the "Frequently asked questions" in about 15 minutes - really good stuff. I think this is a pretty clear message from the city of Longmont that folks need to do their research before firing off complaints.
=========Shaun ==========

normiss

Is it possible to also file COMPLIMENTS via this new system?
;)

From Page 1:

The Airport Noise – Comment Log is a repository for information
collected by listening to the citizens, particularly those in the vicinity of the
Vance Brand Municipal Airport, about aircraft noise complaints and other
comments, both complimentary and non-complimentary, and may be used to
analyze the data collected using means as directed by city management.

So everyone should just submit a complimentary comment after every jump to make sure your positive experience is included in the city management's analysis B|

3mpire

***Is it possible to also file COMPLIMENTS via this new system?
;)

From Page 1:

The Airport Noise – Comment Log is a repository for information
collected by listening to the citizens, particularly those in the vicinity of the
Vance Brand Municipal Airport, about aircraft noise complaints and other
comments, both complimentary and non-complimentary, and may be used to
analyze the data collected using means as directed by city management.

So everyone should just submit a complimentary comment after every jump to make sure your positive experience is included in the city management's analysis B|

Honestly... that is not a bad thing to recommend. Flood them with how great the airport is, how glad you are that its not as loud as living by some airports could be. Maybe talk about how nice the gentlemen and ladies are that parachute from the planes way out of earshot...

lots of good things
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Honestly... that is not a bad thing to recommend. Flood them with how great the airport is, how glad you are that its not as loud as living by some airports could be. Maybe talk about how nice the gentlemen and ladies are that parachute from the planes way out of earshot...

lots of good things

Look at what a half dozen complainers were able to do in terms of volume.

If even half the jumpers on every otter load submitted one compliment for every jump they make a weekend, the "compliments" would number in the thousands every month and the "complaints" could never outnumber them.

Granted in the legal setting it's been proven that community complaints aren't an indicator of a problem.

But it's something simple jumpers can do to take away one of their main talking points, which is how many complaints have been filed.

This new system requiring a user to login and a limit of one complaint every 20 minutes (different flights basically) means that jumpers would always be able to file several times more compliments than they could file complaints per flight.

3mpire

lots of good things

Look at what a half dozen complainers were able to do in terms of volume.

If even half the jumpers on every otter load submitted one compliment for every jump they make a weekend, the "compliments" would number in the thousands every month and the "complaints" could never outnumber them.

Granted in the legal setting it's been proven that community complaints aren't an indicator of a problem.

But it's something simple jumpers can do to take away one of their main talking points, which is how many complaints have been filed.

This new system requiring a user to login and a limit of one complaint every 20 minutes (different flights basically) means that jumpers would always be able to file several times more compliments than they could file complaints per flight.

Someone needs to donate a computer to the DZ/Airport and leave it open to that website. After everyone goes up and has a nice time they should be encouraged to fill out a compliment if they believe one is deserved.

If they think their "complaints" carry weight, the inundation of good feelings should help.

Either way, this victory is really profound when you sit back and think of it.

normiss

It would appear the root cause analysis was quite successful in identifying the actual problem.
:)

RCA unnecessary
a good psychiatrist and 5 minutes talking to that woman would have determined the issue at hand.

futuredivot

a good psychiatrist and 5 minutes talking to that woman would have determined the issue at hand.

I don't know. I'm married to an LPC, not a psychologist but they read a lot of the same books :)
How long has she been working on you????:)

normiss

OH NOES!
The black choppers again!
It's a government conspiracy!

Those power lines are right behind the back yard aren't they???

OMG!! That would be priceless to have one of the Helicopter Linemen come over her place to work on the lines!! I'd donate to the tip jar to get them to spend quite a bit of extra time "Fixing" the power line mountings over her house (or yard)!!!

OMG!! That would be priceless to have one of the Helicopter Linemen come over her place to work on the lines!! I'd donate to the tip jar to get them to spend quite a bit of extra time "Fixing" the power line mountings over her house (or yard)!!!

.... Or she can just live without power? I bet it will be nice and quiet then.
=========Shaun ==========

Unstable

:D:D:D:D:D

Unstable

A wind turbine in front of her mouth should work.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

skyjumpenfool

***Would that qualify as a "Blow Job"? ;)

Hmmm? If Miss Kimmy had a hobby like that, this whole mess would never have started.

:D:D
I remember at my old DZ, there was a skydiver chick who would openly tell you that was her hobby! And she was serious! I was married at the time, and didn't give any consideration to seizing the opportunity to partake, but I know of some that did! B|

Calvin19

***Interesting article about people who think they are "Electrosensitive".
A lot of parallels to the "noise sensitive".

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/21/the-town-that-banned-wi-fi

"starring at static on tv for hours at a time, listening to washing machines, Did you really think these stories wouldn't get out?"
----"I was looking for patterns in the chaos, come on!"
"It doesn't matter anymore! It's a joke to them..."

Gold star to whoever can name that movie/book.

conspiracy theory
Jump more, post less!

grimmie

This thread has now officially gone into the depths of the "DB Cooper" toilet bowl thread.:P

Agreed. And it's in danger of being locked or moved to Bonfire so I suggest we just keep it to updates with the situation.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live