stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

I noticed that she cites Adam Schiff as a CQS member and supporter. He represents Southern California including the LA area, which has at least 3 DZ's. I wonder if he knows that he is being presented as a supporter of aviation restrictions that are in conflict with the interests of those businesses?

ryoder

Interesting article about people who think they are "Electrosensitive".
A lot of parallels to the "noise sensitive".

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/21/the-town-that-banned-wi-fi

"starring at static on tv for hours at a time, listening to washing machines, Did you really think these stories wouldn't get out?"
----"I was looking for patterns in the chaos, come on!"
"It doesn't matter anymore! It's a joke to them..."

Gold star to whoever can name that movie/book.

ryoder

Interesting article about people who think they are "Electrosensitive".
A lot of parallels to the "noise sensitive".

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/21/the-town-that-banned-wi-fi

Until I looked that up I would have called 100% KG size and type BS. After reading about it a bit I call 99.9% BS.

“I got the symptoms of radiation sickness,” she told me. Her tone was patient, like a veteran teacher explaining old truths to young students. “I went to the doctor and he wasn’t able to diagnose it. Eventually I established that I was reacting to a buried cellphone tower. US Cellular was the brand – I didn’t react to AT&T, Spring or Cellular One towers.” She reeled off the names as if it would be the most normal thing in the world to have a brand-specific allergy. With her home life increasingly unbearable, she began to travel across the USA and even further afield, to Scandinavia and Nicaragua, in search of somewhere more peaceful. Sweden is one of the few places to recognise electrosensitivity as a disability and the government will help sufferers insulate their homes. “In Scandinavia there were places where electrosensitives gathered, but they didn’t go far enough to prevent the signals,” Schou said. “Farmers still used electric fences for their sheep, or people would use cordless phones.”

CARRIER Specific sensitivity? ... sounds familiar. :P:)

Calvin19

Until I looked that up I would have called 100% KG size and type BS. After reading about it a bit I call 99.9% BS.

“I got the symptoms of radiation sickness,” she told me. Her tone was patient, like a veteran teacher explaining old truths to young students. “I went to the doctor and he wasn’t able to diagnose it. Eventually I established that I was reacting to a buried cellphone tower. US Cellular was the brand – I didn’t react to AT&T, Spring or Cellular One towers.” She reeled off the names as if it would be the most normal thing in the world to have a brand-specific allergy. With her home life increasingly unbearable, she began to travel across the USA and even further afield, to Scandinavia and Nicaragua, in search of somewhere more peaceful. Sweden is one of the few places to recognise electrosensitivity as a disability and the government will help sufferers insulate their homes. “In Scandinavia there were places where electrosensitives gathered, but they didn’t go far enough to prevent the signals,” Schou said. “Farmers still used electric fences for their sheep, or people would use cordless phones.”

Ok, I'll bite.

WTF is a "buried cellphone tower"?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

JohnnyMarko

Alright, is one of you on Reddit? That Pepsi story I linked is on the front page.

This, here, is a really silly question. Half of everybody is on Reddit, the other half is someone who told us to "look what happened on Reddit." :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Everyday I open up Dizzy.com and expect to see this thead fading to the bottom of the page, no new posts as KG has silently accepted defeat and moved on with her life. Maybe she joined a book club. Everyday I continue to be disappointed and slowly realize she cannot be stopped, and cannot be reasoned with.
=========Shaun ==========

wolfriverjoe

Ok, I'll bite.

WTF is a "buried cellphone tower"?

This "electrosensitivity" is like the Breaking bad spinoff - Better Call Saul! Saul's brother is "sensitive"
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

yoink

*** Everyday I continue to be disappointed and slowly realize she cannot be stopped, and cannot be reasoned with.

Drop her into a vat of molten iron, maybe?

If you're jumping at Longmont setting up for a cross country hop-n-pop exiting reasonably close to her house, and nothing comes out, rig is totally locked up... Aim for her. She'll be outside in her backyard with the binoculars watching the plane. :)

Draft of new Longmont airport noise complaint policy: http://longmontcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=8181

That document directs complaints to this page: https://www.longmontcolorado.gov/online-services/service-request
1. Click to expand "Airport Noise Concerns".
2. Click to expand "Skydiving Aircraft Noise Complaint".
3. Click to expand each item under "Possible answer(s) to your issue:".

Now at this point you have about an hour of reading including practically all the facts that came out in the trial and the judges decision.

And note that filing a complaint first requires a registration to login to the page.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

nolhtairt

So you're saying everybody has to go through an hour's worth of reading before they get to the registration and then be able to post a complaint? I surely hope! :D

No.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Draft of new Longmont airport noise complaint policy: http://longmontcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=8181

That document directs complaints to this page: https://www.longmontcolorado.gov/online-services/service-request
1. Click to expand "Airport Noise Concerns".
2. Click to expand "Skydiving Aircraft Noise Complaint".
3. Click to expand each item under "Possible answer(s) to your issue:".

Now at this point you have about an hour of reading including practically all the facts that came out in the trial and the judges decision.

And note that filing a complaint first requires a registration to login to the page.

Why do I feel like this (insert favorite b-word, c-word, however you describe her here) is only going to get off on the fact that she has to go through such a lengthy, time consuming process to file a complaint rather than just call [:/]