stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

airtwardo

I am thinking MR Gibbs ain't takin care of bidness:ph34r:

I'd hazard a bet that he's tired of her shit and just wants to do his own thing... :P

Ya know how many people got started skydiving THAT way! :D

Should we perhaps take up a collection to buy him a tandem? ;):ph34r:
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

kuai43

Well...
1. He enlisted in USAF.
2. He worked on avionics there.
3. He was a student pilot at some point.
4. He has never filed a noise complaint.
4. Under cross-examination, he did not even know about this website:http://citizensforquietskies.org/

Does anyone think he would have been a party to the suit if he was not married to Gibbs?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Well...
1. He enlisted in USAF.
2. He worked on avionics there.
3. He was a student pilot at some point.
4. He has never filed a noise complaint.
4. Under cross-examination, he did not even know about this website:http://citizensforquietskies.org/

Does anyone think he would have been a party to the suit if he was not married to Gibbs?

Well now that's interesting. I'm sure they had a discussion about the secrets kept from him in the house. :P

JohnnyMarko

She's resorting to violence and AAW :o

Plane ends up on its roof after going down in Longmont

And I guess she's pretty happy about that! She even posted it on her FB page! :|
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-For-Quiet-Skies/213188222077598?fref=ts

Does anyone have an old F-4 Phantom or a B-58 Hustler that could buzz her house at all hours of the day and night?? :D:D:D

Jumpdude

***She's resorting to violence and AAW :o

And I guess she's pretty happy about that! She even posted it on her FB page! :|

Holy shit...I was joking. I can't access that link but that's fucked up.

JohnnyMarko

She's resorting to violence and AAW :o

Sheesh!
I just saw photos of the plane for the first time last week when a local posted them.
What a waste.[:/]
I mean if you're going to crash, I can think of a better place to do it.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Jumpdude

***She's resorting to violence and AAW :o

Does anyone have an old F-4 Phantom or a B-58 Hustler that could buzz her house at all hours of the day and night?? :D:D:D

Or an AV8B Harrier, just hovering.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Among other claims made, Leonard claimed that a federal judge was incapable of deciding on the matter, and that instead the decision had to be made by a jury consisting of members of the "Pepsi Generation" to whom the advertisement would allegedly constitute an offer.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

JohnnyMarko

Or an AV8B Harrier, just hovering.

Back in the 90's, Pepsi had the commercial offering a Harrier for 1,000,000 Pepsi Points. We all need to start drinking a lot of Pepsi and get a Harrier, just for KG.

Shit. I was like 8 and I remember this story

Here's the commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_n5SNrMaL8

In case any of you have not now seen her very latest...
Posted just today (6/24) on CQS FB Page:

Citizens For Quiet Skies

Call for Outreach to Congressman Polis

Dear CQS Supporters:

1. Please see my letter to Congressman Polis below. You can help by writing a brief note to him also, including the following key points.
a. Identify yourself as a supporter of Citizens for Quiet Skies
b. Aviation noise is a growing problem and we need his help to find solutions
c. Encourage him to join the Quiet Skies congressional caucus
d. Encourage him to meet with CQS to explore solutions to the noise problem

Send email to: [email protected]
Dear Congressman Polis,

On behalf of Citizens For Quiet Skies, I am writing to ask for your help to reduce excessive aviation noise in our community.

Communities across Colorado and beyond are facing serious impacts created by aviation activities. Currently, there is no local authority able to adequately address this problem. For example, during the past several years Boulder County residents have been subjected to increasing noise from skydiving operations originating at Vance Brand Airport in Longmont. Skydiving operations are distinct from other general aviation traffic and they create a significant noise burden on the local community. While other planes take off and go somewhere, the jump planes remain within a designated "flight box" over our homes for the entire duration of their flights. Each flight climbs steeply and noisily to jump altitude, gaining 13,000 vertical feet of altitude in about 10 minutes. They operate multiple jump planes concurrently, with peak activity on the weekends. And finally, they operate for more than 12 hours per day, creating nearly constant airplane noise.

Skydiving operations are significantly degrading the quality of life in Boulder County - something must be done.

To date, we have pleaded with the city of Longmont, the owner and operator of the airport. We also conducted a lengthy lawsuit against the skydiving operator. These efforts have been unsuccessful, in large part due to the FAA's presumed authority over all aviation noise regulations. Therefore, we find it necessary to seek relief at the federal level.

Congress is currently working on the FAA Reauthorization bill, which is expected to be finalized later this summer or early fall. I am requesting your support to include the following provisions in that proposed legislation:

1. Grant explicit authority to the airport operator to adopt reasonable regulations to reduce aviation noise impacts to the community. Examples of reasonable regulations would include limiting the number of operations, limiting the hours of operations and banning certain aircraft based on noise characteristics. The FAA grant assurances presumably allow the airport proprietor to adopt "reasonable regulations" to reduce aviation noise. However, in practice the FAA deems ALL such regulations to be "unreasonable." The FAA has shown no interest in reducing aviation noise at general aviation airports and we find no evidence of noise-based regulations that the FAA has actually approved. In fact, tasking the FAA with the authority for noise regulations is contradictory to their primary mandate of promoting aviation interests.

2. Require a thorough environmental impact study and local approval for specific aviation activities that create an undue burden on the local community. Two examples of these activities include a.) designation of a "flight box" for aviation activities, which is a geographic area in which aviation activities such as skydiving or stunt maneuvers are conducted, and b.) use of airport property for a Parachute Landing Area (PLA), also called a "drop zone," where parachutists land. The PLA should be granted under the land use policies of the local government, and they should have the explicit authority to deny access to airport property for use as a PLA.

Additionally, we would like to encourage you to join the "Quiet Skies" congressional caucus, which was recently formed in response to the ongoing and oftentimes blatant abuse of citizens' rights with respect to aviation impacts. Other members include Henry Waxman, Adam Schiff and Anna Eshoo, all of California, Mike Quigley (Ill.), Alan Grayson (Fla.), Keith Ellison (Minn.), Tammy Duckworth (Ill.), Mike Capuano (Mass.) and Katherine Clark (Mass.)). With your support, we can move forward with meaningful amendments to the FAA reauthorization bill that will significantly improve the quality of life for ordinary citizens.

Thank you for your consideration of this important issue. I would like to meet with you at your convenience to discuss the situation further. Please let me know what works best for you in the next few weeks.

Kimberly Gibbs
Director, Citizens For Quiet Skies

coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I don't understand why skydivers read and respond to her facebook and twitter accounts. Don't they have anything better to read? Trolls crave attention, and feel nourished and validated when they receive it. Watchfulness by the sport's community to be prepared for further tactics, yes. But the more open attention she receives, the more she gains. You post shit in her sites, she deletes them and feels powerful. That's how the koo-koos of the world operate. Who do you think reads her sites? Normal people in the community? The news media? Hell, no. Just her pals and a few a pitiful, wanking followers-on. That merits our active engagement? Really?
Too much like high school for me. Been there, done that. Check, please?