stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

grimmie

A funny piece by a Longmont on line newspaper that is very pro business.
http://longmontcompass.com/7-things-we-hate-about-longmont/

1. Skydivers

You utter, utter, bastards. You plummeting scum. You thrill-seeking, fun-loving, awe-inspiring perverters of justice. How dare you ruin our peace with your selfish, thoughtless, parasitical parachuticals? How can you live with yourselves, when your mode of transportation temporarily generates a small amount of noise while we recline in our large yards, sipping tequila out of solid gold goblets and idly watching the muscles ripple on the pool boy’s back? You swine! There – we heard it again, I think! Will you stop at nothing to deliberately provoke us into filing frivolous lawsuits?

Outfuckingstanding! :D:D:D

ryoder

Still waiting on the Wednesday meeting video to be posted, but in the meantime, here are the slides they used for the meeting: http://longmontcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=7940

Note that questions were chosen from previously submitted questions from the public, and are listed in categories. There was no "Category 10", so the numbering jumps from 9 to 11.

At last, the video of Wednesdays meeting is online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsmnZ7ws1ac
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Per the FAA: "Complaint data i.e from homeowner complaints filed with the airport, are generally not statistically valid indicators or measurements of a noise problem. Therefore complaint data is usually not an acceptable justification for a restriction. While complaints may be a valid indicator of individual annoyance, they do not accurately measure community annoyance as reactions of an individual to a particular level of noise vary widely while community annoyance correlates well with particular noise exposure levels."

Basically, those thousand calls Gibbs and here loonies were making? Worthless. :D:D

Question time in the video starts at 1hr 09mins ish.

I just finished watching it.
The guy is an excellent speaker, and his law firm was actually involved in some of the cases the plaintiffs cited in CQS v MHS.

BTW there is an erroneous claim in the meeting that no economic study has been done for KLMO.
See:

- CO DOT: https://www.codot.gov/programs/aeronautics/PDF_Files/2013_EconImpact/2013-cdot-eis-vance-brand-municipal-airport.pdf

- Airport master plan, Section 8: http://www.longmontcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=6566
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Jesus H Christ - If that woman lived where I live she'd be going batshit crazy. I live in a small village in Mid-Wales inside the "Mach Loop" where the RAF and USAF practice low level flying. Some of the aircraft we get passing over at low level and high speed are Tornado, Typhoon, Hawk and F-15E Strike Eagles out of Lakenheath. We also get a lot of Hercs practicing low level operations.

I wonder where the fire-fighting planes are based? If they're not at Longmont, they should be.

:ph34r:

They operate out of Rocky Mtn Regional, which is 3 miles West of me.
A couple years ago when there was a big fire North of here, they had slurry bombers taking off at 15m intervals, and after departing, they turned North right over my house. It was pretty cool getting a non-stop display of WWII-era bombers from sunrise to sunset!B|

I had one of those fly what felt like 15 feet over my car on my way back from Blackhawk one day. Once I got done shitting myself, I thought it was cool.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

nolhtairt

***Check out the CFQS Facebook! Some Janine girl posted overnight and its still there as of a few minutes ago!

Post a screen shot... some of us don't do facebook. :P

Sorry for the very slow response, I was in Pocono working with the race team. Anyway, check the link to see the screenshot.
Also, Just a thought, If enough of us go in there, and flag her FB page, maybe the fine peeps at Facebook will delete her page, but we all know that she will just start another one, but it might hinder her from as many people seeing her page. Twitter too, (if it offers the option to flag)

http://www.1800skyrideripoff.com/Janine_post.bmp

Once again, great job and a big thank you to you and FlyingRehnquist for keeping all of us out in the rest of the country apprised of all of this. I've read all the links you've posted and found them helpful and informative if in the event this nightmare is ever visited on our respective home DZ's.

An article on the history and politics behind the issue.
The author is the wife of an ATC who is a former head of the Longmont Aviation Board:

http://www.examiner.com/article/opportunity-exists-for-positive-direction-for-vance-brand-airport-longmont

It's hard to contain that type of crazy.

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't. I've followed this case over the last year off and on, and I just don't understand the time, money, and effort KG has put into her Citizens for Quiet Skies. The data has proven on multiple occasions that the noise from the Otter is no more than background noise inherent to the area - she has sacrificed huge swaths of time, and essentially forfeited any semblance of a normal life.
=========Shaun ==========

I'm been on the City Council where I live for over 18 years. When property rights and government meet a person with too much time or money or both reason is rarely involved. I haven't dealt with anything quite this bad but have been called a Nazi by a holocaust survivor over zoning issues.:S Being called a Nazi by someone who knows what real ones were like is unnerving at best.

Actually I am dealing with a rich woman with too much time on her hands who is doing a good job of ruining the city administration and some employee's lives. She found help.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Unstable

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't. I've followed this case over the last year off and on, and I just don't understand the time, money, and effort KG has put into her Citizens for Quiet Skies. The data has proven on multiple occasions that the noise from the Otter is no more than background noise inherent to the area - she has sacrificed huge swaths of time, and essentially forfeited any semblance of a normal life.

Some people live to be happy. Some people live to be right. KG is clearly the latter.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Unstable

It doesn't make sense. It doesn't. I've followed this case over the last year off and on, and I just don't understand the time, money, and effort KG has put into her Citizens for Quiet Skies.

She's like any other type of fanatic. The is no reason with them. All you can do is fight to protect your corner - you'll never change their opinions.

chuckakers

Some people live to be happy. Some people live to get their way. KG is clearly the latter.

FIFY :ph34r:
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Unstable

Everyone wants to "matter." Perhaps her life is so empty and pith-filled, that this effort has become her reason for living, a reason to self-perceive that she "matters."
Others certainly have dedicated themselves to lesser causes, and occasionally been found mentally unbalanced as a result.

“For neither good nor evil can last for ever; and so it follows that as evil has lasted a long time, good must now be close at hand.”

Amazon

******So I'm hoping that things have calm down and KG has rode away?

Shirley, you jest! Just one look at her twitter page is all you need to know. It never stops. :S

I am thinking MR Gibbs ain't takin care of bidness:ph34r:

I'd hazard a bet that he's tired of her shit and just wants to do his own thing... :P

nolhtairt

*********So I'm hoping that things have calm down and KG has rode away?

Shirley, you jest! Just one look at her twitter page is all you need to know. It never stops. :S

I am thinking MR Gibbs ain't takin care of bidness:ph34r:

I'd hazard a bet that he's tired of her shit and just wants to do his own thing... :P

Ya know how many people got started skydiving THAT way! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~