stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Attached is a 3 page letter.
Pages 1 & 2 are from MHS's attorney to Gibbs and her attorneys.
Page 3 is the included copy of a FB page which prompted the letter.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I think it behooves the skydiving community not to use this thread as their rope.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

ryoder

Attached is a 3 page letter.
Pages 1 & 2 are from MHS's attorney to Gibbs and her attorneys.
Page 3 is the included copy of a FB page which prompted the letter.

Maybe one of our legal bagels (ha!) will comment, but, I always thought it was a bad strategy to threaten to file a lawsuit: either don't sue someone, or sue them and send them the lawsuit.

Jerry/Andy?
Remster

Disagreeing and stating reasons is just fine.
It's the cute little attacks that are dope. Just consider SC threads, and the content thereof.

Attacking the logic is fine. The person or their right to disagree isn't.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

I think it behooves the skydiving community not to use this thread as their rope.

Wendy P.

Agreed.
It is more fun to use the Times-Call comments section.:ph34r:
First, Gibbs and a few of her lackeys post there.
Second, you get to vote the posts up/down.

Current active comments at bottom of this page: http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28248448/longmont-residents-query-citys-aviation-attorney-airport-noise
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm not the least bit familiar with how the law works but in what types of cases, if any, can a defendant counter-sue to recoup money spent on legal fees defending themselves from a frivolous lawsuit that is summarily dismissed?

Shouldn't there be a rule that if you sue and lose the case completely that you have to pay court costs and legal fees of the defendant?

Just wondering...

Wendy I didn't mean that as an attack, maybe it was a bad choice of words. I was trying to say basically that she is doing everything in her power to implode her cause. Honestly after watching her video after the closing arguments I saw a lot of behavior she shares with a good friend that is bipolar. If you have never seen the disease in person, watch homeland and Carrie plays it pretty spot on. Sad thing is that kg believes she is right and the disease will not let her change her mind until she gets what she wants. I will debate with her points all day long but we both know as soon as I start stating facts and using logic she will delete me or attack me.

wmw999

Just consider SC threads, and the content thereof.

Disclaimer - people, never consider SC threads and content - for your own good and the good of others.

:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hi Remster,

I always thought it was a bad strategy to threaten to file a lawsuit:

I am not an attorney; but I have filed quite a few lawsuits, all in Small Claims Court. Here, in Oregon, you have to give them notice of what your demand is. Then, if they continue/fail to do whatever, you can proceed with litigation.

IMO MHS is saying to cease & desist; then if they do not, MHS can proceed with litigation.

Jerry Baumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Remster,

I always thought it was a bad strategy to threaten to file a lawsuit:

I am not an attorney; but I have filed quite a few lawsuits, all in Small Claims Court. Here, in Oregon, you have to give them notice of what your demand is. Then, if they continue/fail to do whatever, you can proceed with litigation.

IMO MHS is saying to cease & desist; then if they do not, MHS can proceed with litigation.

Jerry Baumchen

That makes sense. Thanks.
Remster

Jesus H Christ - If that woman lived where I live she'd be going batshit crazy. I live in a small village in Mid-Wales inside the "Mach Loop" where the RAF and USAF practice low level flying. Some of the aircraft we get passing over at low level and high speed are Tornado, Typhoon, Hawk and F-15E Strike Eagles out of Lakenheath. We also get a lot of Hercs practicing low level operations.
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation

Still waiting on the Wednesday meeting video to be posted, but in the meantime, here are the slides they used for the meeting: http://longmontcolorado.gov/home/showdocument?id=7940

Note that questions were chosen from previously submitted questions from the public, and are listed in categories. There was no "Category 10", so the numbering jumps from 9 to 11.

wmw999

Wendy P.

I understand what you're trying to say Wendy, but the effect is to let Kim Gibbs dictate what we are allowed to say (in effect to silence us) on a skydiving forum that's designed for skydivers to discuss skydiving issues. IMHO, that is not a road we should walk.

Not that it matters to a crazy person (KG), but we have the right to our opinion. And, this is a forum for us to state and discus those opinions. I'm trying really hard not to offend KG in any way (restraint is not always easy) but I refuse to be silenced by anyone under threat of lawsuit or subpoena. :)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

Just two days after getting a letter from the MHS attorneys regarding a rant on FB, Gibbs just put essentially the same rant on the Times-Call website: http://www.timescall.com/opinion/ci_28263453/kimberly-gibbs:-curious-change-of-milehi-skydiving-plane-routes-on-day-of-judges-visit

It's like she really wants a libel suit.
Hope she gets her wish.:|

Save the skydivers!!!

this is awesome... another parody article about how backwards K bird and her followers are. This is a local longmont/boulder publication that has no tie to skydiving, they just see how backwards she is.

http://www.lhvc.com/index.php/news/799-5280-high-skydivers-clutter-rural-character-of-area-air-space

-SPACE-

It's like she really wants a libel suit.
Hope she gets her wish.

It appears she's spoiling for one. I'm confident counsel for MHS will exercise prudence and patience to ascertain what's "beneath the table" on this strategy before they pull the trigger on a law suit.

...and no CQS will not quit until they are legally pounded into pulp. Sad.:(B|

rifleman

Jesus H Christ - If that woman lived where I live she'd be going batshit crazy. I live in a small village in Mid-Wales inside the "Mach Loop" where the RAF and USAF practice low level flying. Some of the aircraft we get passing over at low level and high speed are Tornado, Typhoon, Hawk and F-15E Strike Eagles out of Lakenheath. We also get a lot of Hercs practicing low level operations.

Well at least you can feel safe knowing that no one will ever try to invade your neighborhood ........ :S.

Life is short ... jump often.

rifleman

I wonder where the fire-fighting planes are based? If they're not at Longmont, they should be.

:ph34r:

>If that woman lived where I live she'd be going batshit crazy. I live in a small village in
>Mid-Wales inside the "Mach Loop" where the RAF and USAF practice low level flying.

Then she'd ignore the military aircraft and complain about the kids on the streets with their loud music. Have to pick your battles.

There is a group on Whidbey Island here in Washington state that is trying to get the US Navy to relocate an outlying field that F/A 18 Growlers use for carrier qualification.

Compared to Longmont, it's actually legitimately loud (in excess of 130dbs).

And even THEY haven't been able to make any headway in getting it shut down.

The main reason being the Navy has been there long before they were, and it turns out just being pissed off doesn't move the needle with the federal government.

Go figure.

nolhtairt

***Jesus H Christ - If that woman lived where I live she'd be going batshit crazy. I live in a small village in Mid-Wales inside the "Mach Loop" where the RAF and USAF practice low level flying. Some of the aircraft we get passing over at low level and high speed are Tornado, Typhoon, Hawk and F-15E Strike Eagles out of Lakenheath. We also get a lot of Hercs practicing low level operations.

I wonder where the fire-fighting planes are based? If they're not at Longmont, they should be.

:ph34r:

They operate out of Rocky Mtn Regional, which is 3 miles West of me.
A couple years ago when there was a big fire North of here, they had slurry bombers taking off at 15m intervals, and after departing, they turned North right over my house. It was pretty cool getting a non-stop display of WWII-era bombers from sunrise to sunset!B|