stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

yoink

MHS should offer her a free tandem as a consolation prize... :ph34r:

No way! She'd claim a fake injury, be seen around town wearing a neck brace, and start a personal injury lawsuit.

I'd get a restraining order to keep her away from the drop zone business.

And MHS should file to recover their legal expenses.

Boomerdog

MHS should offer her a free tandem as a consolation prize...

Ya know, it might not be a bad idea to extend an olive branch. maybe she'll get hooked on skydiving and come on over to our side.

Or she could use the opportunity to suffer a "back injury" on landing and open the door to get even in court.

There are limits to keeping your enemy closer when your enemy is a moonbat.

My advice would be for Mile High to upgrade the DZ security system and hire a guard during overnight hours. ;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

First, let me say to MHS, congratulations on successfully defending yourselves! It was a long road, but hopefully this battle has been won. This story was around the first time I went to DZ.com two years ago. I am sure it has seemed like 10 years to MHS.

Second, someone said that there were other airport noise groups watching this case, and you have been proven right. In the comments on the article, someone was sympathizing with CQS and put a link to their own website quietskiescoalition.org. Didn't realize that people were warring with airports all over the country. This society of self entitlement just continues to get worse.[:/]

Or she could use the opportunity to suffer a "back injury" on landing and open the door to get even in court.

There are limits to keeping your enemy closer when your enemy is a moonbat.

My advice would be for Mile High to upgrade the DZ security system and hire a guard during overnight hours.

In spite of the best hopes and appeals to the angels of our nature, it's prudent to be realistic as you've noted.

Others; myself included, have previously stated that this thing ain't over and this has been validated my Ms Gibbs comments post verdict.

Too bad Cervantes is not alive to write about this. CQS and their chief protagonist make Don Quixote look like a piker.

After reading that it seems that the most likely thing is no appeal but trying something different. If I was MH I would work hard on keeping everything legal and correct.

If it made sense I would counter sue, not because I like suing but to keep certain people busy. (Not the lawyers, but that would be the case to)
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Boomerdog

MHS should offer her a free tandem as a consolation prize...

Ya know, it might not be a bad idea to extend an olive branch. maybe she'll get hooked on skydiving and come on over to our side.

Stranger shit has happened!

In the meantime, thanks to Ryoder for keeping us all posted, the DZO, Staff, and skydivers at MHS for keeping the faith and fighting the good for all of us!

That'd probably be the ONE JUMP where the wind picks up and the TI ends up sliding along the ground on the student's face for 100 feet. Not intentionally -- for all the talk, it IS a professional operation there and committed to safety, but the universe seems to have a twisted sense of humor about that sort of thing, and if you tempt fate like that, that's the sort of thing that seems to be inevitably bound to happen.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

ryoder

If they don't appeal, these crazies will likely file another lawsuit one after the other until they run out of cash or die. Their only motivation will be to bankrupt the operation if it does not stop. The solution? We should all jump there ;)
You are not the contents of your wallet.

DrDom

If they don't appeal, these crazies will likely file another lawsuit one after the other until they run out of cash or die. Their only motivation will be to bankrupt the operation if it does not stop. The solution? We should all jump there ;)

giant boogie

tred

giant boogie

St Patrick's boogie West! :ph34r:

nolhtairt

St Patrick's boogie West! :ph34r:

It's only about 1,000 mile for me to drive there.... I'm in!! Not to create more than usual noise, but to generate more than usual income for Mile High.

Thanks for fighting these people for all of us!!!!B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

giant boogie

You may be on to something. Have a boogie akin to Bike Week at Sturgis. Have an agreement with DZ's across the country not have a competing boogie. As many skydivers converge on MHS then see how much $$$ get pumped in the local economy. Courtesy smiles, no trouble, drink but be very careful, designaterd drivers, courtesy to all Whuffos, answer their question...etc ya get the drift.

Some thing one of the old CRW guys used to do. He would stamp all of his money with a canopy stamp. They have them for CRW just like for way RW. When he went out to eat he always payed in cash with his "Skydiver" money. Start doing that in a small town. Show them how much money flows through a dropzone. I've also seen people get stacks of two dollar bills for the same reason. To show people how much money is blue.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

DrDom

If they don't appeal, these crazies will likely file another lawsuit one after the other until they run out of cash or die. Their only motivation will be to bankrupt the operation

As long as Kim can keep spending other people's money to file new lawsuits, she'll keep doing it. A lawsuit in a Federal court which has jurisdiction over FAA aviation matters would be next. We should hope that her supporters will wise up and quit giving her their money for her personal crusade.

Di0

I always wanted to jump a 727, just saying.

I don't think we can land one at Vance Brand. Runway's not long enough.

If we have a boogie here we'd probably burn through our 50,000 skydives for the year in the month the boogie occurs. Not that I think Mile Hi would mind THAT too much.

The weather's been shit for the last, though. It's raining today. I want to at least go do a hop and pop, but it's just not going to happen. Pretty crazy, for Colorado. If I wanted to live somewhere it rained all the time, I'd have moved to Seattle. I'm kind of bent out of shape Seattle decided to move (its weather) here :S
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Boomerdog

You may be on to something. Have a boogie akin to Bike Week at Sturgis.

Piston Aircraft Boogie! DC-3's, Twin Beech's, Caribou's, Lodestar's, Beaver's. I'd be there.

If she thinks that an Otter is noisy, we can show her what real airplane noise is. That'll get her hackles up.

Multiple Skyvans!!!!!!!

anyways who pays for MHS's lawyer fee and all??? Citizens for quite sky??

I mean it is ridiculous to move in next to an airport and complain about it. If the realtor lied about the airport or whatever is being next to they should get sued not the dz.

There is a community growing right next to Skydive Perris, one of the skydiver that I knew was just looking for a house, being a skydiver he asks the realtor about the airport being next door, and the realtor tells him, "it is a small parachuting club that operates every once a while"

He told her to fuck off after hearing that lie.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

FlyingRhenquest

***I always wanted to jump a 727, just saying.

I don't think we can land one at Vance Brand. Runway's not long enough.

An extension of the runway will be considered, but length is only one aspect of the runway that relates to or controls the type of aircraft that can utilize the airport. In addition to length, the weight bearing capacity of the runway is also a limiting factor. The current runway is weight-limited to typical corporate jet aircraft weighing up to 30,000 lbs with single landing gear, or not more than 60,000 lbs with tandem landing gear. If an extension of the runway is constructed, the weight limits of the existing concrete runway will still control the size of the aircraft that could use the runway. There are not currently any plans to increase the structural weight capacity of the runway. Quite simply, the airport was not designed or built to accommodate larger aircraft. Also, the layout of the existing airport property, the spacing of taxiways and the proximity of the hangers to the runway limit operations at the Airport.

Tim Barth,
Longmont Vance Brand Airport Manager

Source: http://longmontairport.blogspot.com/p/times-call-open-forum-letters.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

stayhigh

I mean it is ridiculous to move in next to an airport and complain about it.

Many of them don't live near an airport, including Miss Head Honcho: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zKQ6pG6EdTr8.kbNPdazfzHvk
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.