stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

JWest

Basically, "You can't choose to move next to an airport then bitch about airplane noise."

You are missing the most outrageous point:
The "Head Honcho" of the suit doesn't live near the airport, but 5-6 miles away!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Now I want to see an edit of "Downfall" where Hitler learns that he just lost his lawsuit against MHS.>:(

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

hillson

I don't speak lawyer or judge but it seems to me that MHS completely and utterly won on every single point.

I read the entire thing, and there were just two things that bother me:

1. I did not see the phrase "with prejudice".

2. I saw that the judge dismissed Tim Barth as being too cozy with MHS.
I thought Barth was their most powerful witness.

Local news story:
http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28163472/judge-rules-favor-mile-hi-skydiving-longmont-noise

ETA: I am told this meeting to to explain to the public how noise complaints will be handled in the future:
http://www.timescall.com/longmont-local-news/ci_28163864/longmont-hold-public-meeting-addressing-noise-complaints

BigMikeH77

I made the original airplane noise downfall parody, and know the perfect clip to use for this one...

Eagerly looking forward to it!:D

grimmie

Anti airport/skydiving groups across the nation have been following this. Hopefully they got the message loud and clear today.

I just linked the judgement to the comment section of an article mentioning noise complaints about NorCal Skydiving in Cloverdale. :)

Hi Rich,

Anti airport/skydiving groups across the nation have been following this. Hopefully they got the message loud and clear today.

It is not that this decision governs them; it is that it ( hopefully ) tells them that they have little chance of winning.

This one is a win for a lot of skydiving operations.

Jerry Baumchen

Ryoder first thank you for all the notes and following the case and spreading the word. Second I could be wrong on this so any lawyers in here please correct me if I am, with prejudice or without prejudice would only apply if she outright dismissed the case. The judge actually gave a ruling or in this case an order, DENIED. Congrats Mile Hi and I hope this sets a precedence for future cases. Grimmie, I know you are making an effort to cut them off at the pass by being a good neighbor but I hope most of your complainers are watching and understand that it is a federal issue.

Edjglass920

Ryoder first thank you for all the notes and following the case and spreading the word. Second I could be wrong on this so any lawyers in here please correct me if I am, with prejudice or without prejudice would only apply if she outright dismissed the case. The judge actually gave a ruling or in this case an order, DENIED.

Some googling supports your point.

grimmie

hopefully they is get message quietly, the judge say so, skies is quiet for normal people.;)

Slater
McConkey es Dios

Edjglass920

Ryoder first thank you for all the notes and following the case and spreading the word. Second I could be wrong on this so any lawyers in here please correct me if I am, with prejudice or without prejudice would only apply if she outright dismissed the case. The judge actually gave a ruling or in this case an order, DENIED. Congrats Mile Hi and I hope this sets a precedence for future cases. Grimmie, I know you are making an effort to cut them off at the pass by being a good neighbor but I hope most of your complainers are watching and understand that it is a federal issue.

Our complainers (not a peep in months) have either gotten worn down or are in hiding, regrouping for their next PAC 750 attack.:P

This is great news for skydiving and aviation in general. Congrats to Mile Hi for fighting the good fight at their own expense.

AWESOME! B|

I'm opening a beer.

3mpire

The Court finds the noise produced by Mile-Hi’s operations is not offensive, annoying, or
inconvenient to a degree significant enough that a normal person in the community would
consider it unreasonable for those individuals who choose to reside in close proximity to an airport.

Miss Gibbs should be proud that she finally has proof about something we've all known for ages... She's anything BUT normal! MHS should offer her a free tandem as a consolation prize... :ph34r:

MHS should offer her a free tandem as a consolation prize...

Ya know, it might not be a bad idea to extend an olive branch. maybe she'll get hooked on skydiving and come on over to our side.

Stranger shit has happened!

In the meantime, thanks to Ryoder for keeping us all posted, the DZO, Staff, and skydivers at MHS for keeping the faith and fighting the good for all of us!

Can you imagine her as a jumper? She'd be an unhinged know it all bossing people around giving unsolicited advice on everything from packing to loading the plane to landing patterns while coming off as an insufferable asshole. She'd fit right in!