stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

I know it's here SOMEWHERE, but wasn't the judges ruling suppose to out by the 22?

Frankly I've become a little obsessed with this case. It has all the parts of a great story - depending on who's side your on.

Local land owners rights abused by greedy business owner with aggressive customers......

Business owner rights abused by a crazy vindictive person...

I know which side I'm on :P

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

I know it's here SOMEWHERE, but wasn't the judges ruling suppose to out by the 22?

Yes, which is tomorrow.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Smart asses, it was a QUESTION :P

The suspense is killing me.

If MH wins Kim might blow a gasket....but we probably wouldn't hear about....

CCS wins.....the explosion HERE would be epic.....

Truthfully I can't see how they could win, it seems to be a federal issue....but you never know.

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

Smart asses, it was a QUESTION :P

The suspense is killing me.

If MH wins Kim might blow a gasket....but we probably wouldn't hear about....

CCS wins.....the explosion HERE would be epic.....

Truthfully I can't see how they could win, it seems to be a federal issue....but you never know.

Yep. I'm gonna be whooping it up. KG can just suck it up and move on as far as I'm concerned.

Due date for a verdict is still Friday, May 22.
The 20th District Court has a page where they publish "cases of interest", but there is nothing there yet.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnnyMarko

I have a feeling Richard will update us first before that site gets updated.

Who's Richard?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***I have a feeling Richard will update us first before that site gets updated.

Who's Richard?

Fixed it...I fucking hate when I'm multitasking and someone else's words get run through my head and spit out (co-worker was talking about someone named Richard)...I knew I should have worked from home today.

To the good folks at Mile High....
Tomorrow, when the judge rules in your favor. skydivers across the country will be dedicating the first beer of the evening (after the planes shut down I hope) in your honor. Here's to fighting the good fight!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

And to Kimmy.... If you'd of just had a couple beers in the first place, none of this would have been necessary. :P

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

This just appeared:

13CV31563 Gibbs v. Mile Hi Skydiving

Bench Trial PDF

The Court hereby DENIES Plaintiffs’ claims for nuisance, negligence, and negligence
per se.

The Court finds the noise produced by Mile-Hi’s operations is not offensive, annoying, or
inconvenient to a degree significant enough that a normal person in the community would
consider it unreasonable for those individuals who choose to reside in close proximity to
an airport. The Plaintiffs are concerned about noise during daytime and early evening
hours, which they believe impacts the use of their backyards and leisure activities. MileHi
planes do not typically operate after dusk. Though the Individual Plaintiffs may at
times find the noise to be irritating or frustrating, the Court finds the gravity of harm to
Plaintiffs in this matter is not significant or severe. An individual may also find it
irritating or frustrating to listen to the sound of motorcycles and trucks on nearby streets,
to hear lawn mowers throughout the day, to hear children’s yells or laughter in a back
yard, or hear the loud playing of music from a neighbor’s home. But simply because a
certain noise level is irritating or frustrating to a small group of people does not equate to
the noise being significant enough that a normal person in the community would find it as
offensive, annoying, or inconvenient.

JohnnyMarko

******I have a feeling Richard will update us first before that site gets updated.

Who's Richard?

Fixed it...I fucking hate when I'm multitasking and someone else's words get run through my head and spit out (co-worker was talking about someone named Richard)...I knew I should have worked from home today.

As soon as the media learns about it, you can expect to see it here: http://www.timescall.com/
And since the same company owns the Boulder Daily Camera, and the Denver Post, I expect it will be there simultaneously.

And no doubt if CQS wins, Kimmy will be splattering it all over the CQS website, FB, and Twitter. Hell, she is so desperate for something to tweet about that she has been repeating her own tweets for the past day.:D

If she loses...who knows. I'll just feel sorry for Mr. Lim.:ph34r:

ETA
Damn. I just heard through the grapevine about the verdict being reached at the same time I was making this post.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

3mpire

This just appeared:

13CV31563 Gibbs v. Mile Hi Skydiving

Bench Trial PDF

The Court hereby DENIES Plaintiffs’ claims for nuisance, negligence, and negligence
per se.

***The Court finds the noise produced by Mile-Hi’s operations is not offensive, annoying, or
inconvenient to a degree significant enough that a normal person in the community would
consider it unreasonable for those individuals who choose to reside in close proximity to
an airport. The Plaintiffs are concerned about noise during daytime and early evening
hours, which they believe impacts the use of their backyards and leisure activities. MileHi
planes do not typically operate after dusk. Though the Individual Plaintiffs may at
times find the noise to be irritating or frustrating, the Court finds the gravity of harm to
Plaintiffs in this matter is not significant or severe. An individual may also find it
irritating or frustrating to listen to the sound of motorcycles and trucks on nearby streets,
to hear lawn mowers throughout the day, to hear children’s yells or laughter in a back
yard, or hear the loud playing of music from a neighbor’s home. But simply because a
certain noise level is irritating or frustrating to a small group of people does not equate to
the noise being significant enough that a normal person in the community would find it as
offensive, annoying, or inconvenient.

Awesome!
Remster

The Court finds the utility of Mile-Hi conducting a legitimate business that complies with FAA noise regulations and provides tax revenue and recreational and other service to the community outweighs the Plaintiffs’ concerns of noise, particularly when Plaintiffs moved into an area known to have an airport in close proximity and the particular noise from Mile-Hi was in the low 30 DNL level for flyovers.

Basically, "You can't choose to move next to an airport then bitch about airplane noise."