stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

theonlyski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb-cQRxBYeY

An interview of Kim, post closing arguments, is linked in that article above, but I don't recall it there earlier.

It creeps me out the way that she looks away from the camera most of the time during the interview. Her non-verbals are all over the place, from frowning to laughing, eyes up and down looking to the right..just basically looks like her mind is working overtime and you can tell by her non-verbals she is all over the place. I'm not going to say she is crazy or anything like that but if you turn the sound off and just watch her non-verbals its creepy, deceitful comes to mind. Does she always answer her questions like that or always speak like that?

gunsmokex - you should have seen her during closing arguments just before. She was all over the place, smiling and nodding and mouthing exclamations in a very exaggerated way when her representation was speaking, and on the counter, frowning, looking around the room indignant, and gasping at defense statements. I was looking straight across at her from the overflow in the jury box wondering if she was finally losing it, or just always that way. It was as if she were part of some mime performance-art project. The histrionics were phenomenal.
Roll Tide Roll

johndh1

gunsmokex - you should have seen her during closing arguments just before. She was all over the place, smiling and nodding and mouthing exclamations in a very exaggerated way when her representation was speaking, and on the counter, frowning, looking around in wonderment, and gasping at defense statements. I was looking straight across at her from the overflow in the jury box wondering if she was finally losing it, or just always that way. It was as if she were part of some mime performance-art project. The histrionics were phenomenal.

here is radio show audio what she do before at Longmont and is pretend her name is Donna. :S

Slater
McConkey es Dios

Slater

***gunsmokex - you should have seen her during closing arguments just before. She was all over the place, smiling and nodding and mouthing exclamations in a very exaggerated way when her representation was speaking, and on the counter, frowning, looking around in wonderment, and gasping at defense statements. I was looking straight across at her from the overflow in the jury box wondering if she was finally losing it, or just always that way. It was as if she were part of some mime performance-art project. The histrionics were phenomenal.

here is radio show audio what she do before at Longmont and is pretend her name is Donna. :S

SlaterPart 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB1yEcdomt0
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

C 123 (Fairchild "Provider" I think) is sooo loud it'll make a Short Brothers Skyvan sound quiet. A Caribou is damn loud too. I think they have the same engines?
Static line jumped out of a C 123 over Pisgah mountains in North Carolina at night with a full load, rifle and all, in SF training at 750 feet. (Carried a skydiving altimeter and did the math from a topo when I got back to Ft Bragg.) Rode around for over two hours or more before jumping. I think all of us were so deaf from the noise that it was minutes after we landed that we could even talk to each other.

Since you asked: Cold and wet. Real cold. Move at night (of course). How is it that in North Carolina that the bog water with a thin film of ice is always one inch higher than the tops of your boots?

C-123's are really really loud, but OK this is off subject of this thread. I'll stop

dpreguy

Since you asked: Cold and wet. Real cold. Move at night (of course). How is it that in North Carolina that the bog water with a thin film of ice is always one inch higher than the tops of your boots?

C-123's are really really loud, but OK this is off subject of this thread. I'll stop

And a bunch of them were contaminated.. yet the USAF kept using them for years

http://www.ranchhandvietnam.org/

I watched a couple "ranch hands" waste away in front of our very eyes... they are not on the wall... but they died over there.... they just did not know it for 10 years.

Thanks for taking these notes. They make for fascinating reading!

Could you expand a little on this:

MHS attorney Leffert appears visibly disgusted by the innuendo with regard to the judge’s site visit and points out what the judge saw matches the plaintiffs own videos presented during testimony and states, “With all due respect, you cannot impose injunctions.”

What was the innuendo? Was it the suggestion that CQS were making that MHS were flying non-standard patterns that day?

The big thing for me is that unless the link between CQS inc. and CQS / Gibbs can be shown, then the funds continue to be available and it's more than likely that they'll immediately file an appeal if they're allowed to. I really wonder how much this is actually costing Gibbs...

yoink

Thanks for taking these notes. They make for fascinating reading!

Could you expand a little on this:

MHS attorney Leffert appears visibly disgusted by the innuendo with regard to the judge’s site visit and points out what the judge saw matches the plaintiffs own videos presented during testimony and states, “With all due respect, you cannot impose injunctions.”

What was the innuendo? Was it the suggestion that CQS were making that MHS were flying non-standard patterns that day?

The big thing for me is that unless the link between CQS inc. and CQS / Gibbs can be shown, then the funds continue to be available and it's more than likely that they'll immediately file an appeal if they're allowed to. I really wonder how much this is actually costing Gibbs...

The closing notes were taken by someone else, not me.

The innuendo is best explained by the 3 documents on the CQS website on their "motion to reopen evidence": http://citizensforquietskies.org/the-lawsuit/court-documents/
They were claiming MHS used entirely different flight procedures.

As I understand it, (and I could be wrong):
- If the defendant loses, they can file an appeal.
- If the plaintiff loses, they can re-file the case unless the case was dismissed with prejudice.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

As I understand it, (and I could be wrong):
- If the defendant loses, they can file an appeal.
- If the plaintiff loses, they can re-file the case unless the case was dismissed with prejudice.

And, my (law woofo here) guess is CFQS will re-file as many times as they can afford to, trying to put Mile High out of business because they can no longer afford to fight.

>:( You don't have to be right, you just have to have enough money. >:(
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

ryoder

Not really true. Once a case has been decided it cannot be refiled. Legal doctrine is known as res judicata.

It can happen that the same plaintiffs can file against the same defendants alleging a different fact pattern.

A new set of plaintiffs could file against the defendants with substantially the same fact pattern.

The same set of plaintiffs cannot file against the same defendants alleging essentially the same fact pattern. It is a defense MH could make in pretrial motions or it can be something the judge could rule on his own. The plaintiffs will claim they are different plaintiffs and/or are alleging a different fact pattern.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

It can happen that the same plaintiffs can file against the same defendants alleging a different fact pattern.

And if they try to pull that, I, as well as MHS's lawyers, can think of multiple reasons why such abusive multiplicity of litigation should be both legally and equitably barred. And it would almost certainly be viewed most skeptically by a court.

A new set of plaintiffs could file against the defendants with substantially the same fact pattern.

Again: there are good defenses to that tactic, too, under both law and equity, and a court would view the obvious tactic with great skepticism, to say the least.

Friends (to all): This really isn't the place to be strategizing legal defenses and approaches. MHS's lawyers know what they're doing. Please, give them the breathing space to do it.

The "Findings of Fact" (which was due to be submitted to the judge yesterday) from both sides have been posted:

Defense: http://lightningrodblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MHS-Final-Findings-of-Fact.pdf

Plaintiff: http://lightningrodblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CQS-Final-Findings-of-Fact.pdf

The judge plans to have a verdict by May 22.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Reading both of these, looking at the cost of all this truly makes me believe that we need a loser pays for some law suits.

I'd guess that a counter suit for cost isn't realitic, and KG may be able to raise enough money to bring another suit......

Sad that someone like that can cause so much grif and $$. A shallow life it w appear.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

mirage62

Before the announcement I'd sure like to hear a simple "win/lose" comment from the lawyers on this site ..... just for future reference. 😜

Any takers?

The only winners are the lawyers.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***Before the announcement I'd sure like to hear a simple "win/lose" comment from the lawyers on this site ..... just for future reference. 😜

Any takers?

The only winners are the lawyers.

Lawyers believe a person is innocent, until proven broke.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Well I guess our legal eagles are playing it safe.... Wouldn't want to blow the call 😜

Truthfully I can't wait, but if it goes MH way what realisticly can CCS DO? Kim doesn't strike me as the type that folds her tent and goes away and if she can keep enough donations coming in than it can be funded.

You also have the elected guy who can cause problems. If I was MH I would pick and SUPPORT ($$$$) a candidate that has a more pro drop zone attitude.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little