stratostar

Longmont City Council will take up skydiving noise

Boomerdog

I'm looking at this with respect to the second order effects a decision against MHS might have on a national scale.

Right, and if it goes bad that way, then USPA needs to step in with some of their AAD funds to ensure that such a ruling does not stand. Otherwise it becomes a precedent which could be used to shut down drop zones all over America. I pray that this judge is not that stupid.

From the box seat, Plaintiff's attorney Weiner was clearly disheveled and very agitated with his final word - forehead sweating and hands shaking - but the Erin Brockovich comparison finale was surreal.

No matter how this turns out (I never brag before the game is called), in this opinion, defense knocked it out of the park today, and plaintiff's counsel knows it.
Roll Tide Roll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb-cQRxBYeY

An interview of Kim, post closing arguments, is linked in that article above, but I don't recall it there earlier.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ms Gibbon - just checked a sectional (ask your expert what that means) and I don't see anything on it that says "The Box - all VFR traffic must navigate within this area." Nor do I see anything called an Otter Box. I did see an Otter Box at the Verizon Store so you might sue them for not providing one to Mile Hi.

Well I guess that KG can always claim she made a mistake in hiring a weiner of an attorney.

Can't wait for her to get all the legal bills in this farce she has tried to pull.

How did this ever make it to court in the first place? That in and of itself should be worrisome to all of us.

Great squabble going on in the comments section under this article: http://www.timescall.com/news/ci_28064351/judge-hears-final-arguments-in-milehi-lawsuit;-verdict-due-may-22B|

Note that you may need to click on "replies" to see the responses.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My favorites in the dust up.

"4. Guess what ace, airplanes take off and land, that is what they do, it's an integral part of the concept called flight

5. Let's see the airport was there first, and built with our tax payer monies and is open to the public, so anyone can use it. Some moron comes along and builds houses, so another moron can come along and buy it, for the "view" and sounds of silence, never bothering to do any due diligence, researching the hood and area, then after moves in discovers the fact there is a active runway at the end of block. Seem to me, you just can't fix stupid!

If the judge rules against Kimmy and her merry band of nutjobs, what's next? This would not be the first defeat this group has encountered. What is the next avenue for them to take to harass Mile High?

My other questions; Is there a counter suit? Will there be a counter suit? And, how do I donate to that legal fund? B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

I think what happens next may depend on whether the ruling is with or without prejudice, maybe? And/or judge may add an order of cease & desist from Ms. Gibbs and her merry band of nutjobs from contacting, commenting, harassing, further legal action, etc.

But I believe CQS does anticipate a counter because it was mentioned in court that Mizz Gibbs has already agreed to grant indemnity to the rest of the group - but I am not sure that will hold up either as far as Frank's ability to sue all of them, because to me it would be the same as if I asked you to help me rob this bank, and told you if we get caught I will take all the rap and they let you go.
Roll Tide Roll

Refer to the URL ryoder provided and I'm copying here:

http://www.timescall.com/...;-verdict-due-may-22Cool

An individual with clear sympathies to CQS responds and this is part of their response; definitely NOT taken out of context:

If anyone thinks for a second that this ends with the lawsuit, think again. This is only the start. Whatever the outcome, the city, the county, and the FAA will receive constant voices asking for help in addressing what has become an amazing intrusion on everyone who actually lives here's right to peaceful co-existance. Kim has started something that more and more people are starting to wake up to and will carry on the fight until a reasonable compromise is made!

So it's apparent that this is not over if the decision goes against CQS. I'm sure MHS and their legal counsel have already realized this possibility.

This sort of ridiculous complaining used to take place around Centennial airport in Denver too. The airport started filing paperwork with the county on every complaint filed. Paperwork essentially attached to the house in the same manner that a home owner has to disclose if their house has ever flooded, or has failed a radon test. In essence, filing that paperwork seriously lowers the value of the house....as they then have to tell every potential buyer that the house is in an extremely noisy area (or whatever the wording of the complaint was). Shockingly, the complaints stopped....and that's at an airport with a huge jet aircraft contingent (top 5 busiest general aviation airport in the country). Someone out at Longmont needs to stop playing nice and start swinging back.

Jumpdude

I'm not a lawyer, but if the ruling comes out in the DZ's favor, and someone else were to try this shit again, wouldn't the DZ be protected under double jeopardy or something?

This is a civil case, not a criminal case.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Boomerdog

Refer to the URL ryoder provided and I'm copying here:

http://www.timescall.com/...;-verdict-due-may-22Cool

An individual with clear sympathies to CQS responds and this is part of their response; definitely NOT taken out of context:

If anyone thinks for a second that this ends with the lawsuit, think again. This is only the start. Whatever the outcome, the city, the county, and the FAA will receive constant voices asking for help in addressing what has become an amazing intrusion on everyone who actually lives here's right to peaceful co-existance. Kim has started something that more and more people are starting to wake up to and will carry on the fight until a reasonable compromise is made!

So it's apparent that this is not over if the decision goes against CQS. I'm sure MHS and their legal counsel have already realized this possibility.

The anti-airport jihad got its start as "Citizens Against Runway Expansion", opposing lengthening the runway from 4799' to 6200'. I don't know if Gibbs was involved with them, but I do know that CARE faded out when CQS became prominent, and a lot of the same people are in CQS.

Here is the last snapshot (courtesy of the Wayback Machine), on Jan 3 2012, before the CARE website was replaced with a placeholder page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120103021708/http://longmontairportcare.com/

The domain name is no longer registered.